Why does he do it?

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 03:52 pm
Why does my husband continue to lie and cheat when he knows it hurts me so bad? Each time he promise's its the last time, that he'll never do it again! I've tried leaving him but his temper just gets out of control and i end up staying with him for my safety. We have a child together and he is an amazing father.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 801 • Replies: 4
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 03:55 pm
@knockedup,
knockedup wrote:

Why does my husband continue to lie and cheat when he knows it hurts me so bad? Each time he promise's its the last time, that he'll never do it again! I've tried leaving him but his temper just gets out of control and i end up staying with him for my safety. We have a child together and he is an amazing father.

yeah, he sounds great Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 03:58 pm
@knockedup,
He does it because you let him.

Seriously.

Staying with him for your safety when you know he's violent and doesn't respect you -- regardless of how he is with your child -- is you giving him a license to keep doing this.

And he will.

Do read about Battered Woman Syndrome, okay? Not that you have been hit at all -- you may not have been -- but you might want to, honestly, see if you've got any of the symptoms.

Oh, and to the other members of A2K: I bet dollars to doughnuts that this will turn into a long discussion. So let us agree from the get-go: the paramount most important thing here is the safety of this woman and her child.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 03:59 pm
@knockedup,
knockedup wrote:

Because he can; because you let him.
0 Replies

MonaLeeza

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 04:02 pm
@knockedup,
If you can't leave him for fear of your own safety then you need to get some advice and assistance from a women's shelter or other similar service in your area.
No he is not an 'amazing father' if he is teaching your child that women should be treated in this way with lies and a violent temper. For this reason alone you should leave this man - imho.
0 Replies