With = between?

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 07:29 am

Context:

Inherited complement deficiencies predispose to autoimmune rheumatic diseases and angioedema as well to susceptibility to infections (Jerry Winkelstein, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD) [33]. Since there is linkage disequilibrium of complement genes with MHC genes, there can be coinheritance of genes for immunodeficiency and for autoimmune disease. Inheritance of C0 deficiencies is autosomal recessive, and usually heterozygous. The gene variants can involve any of the components of the classical pathway, C1q to C9.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 469 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 07:31 am
Well, i don't see any reason to paraphrase it, but yes, between would work.
oristarA

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 07:34 am
@Setanta,
Thank you Set.

And "for" = "that can cause"?

Context:
Quote:
Inherited complement deficiencies predispose to autoimmune rheumatic diseases and angioedema as well to susceptibility to infections (Jerry Winkelstein, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD) [33]. Since there is linkage disequilibrium of complement genes with MHC genes, there can be coinheritance of genes for immunodeficiency and for autoimmune disease. Inheritance of C0 deficiencies is autosomal recessive, and usually heterozygous. The gene variants can involve any of the components of the classical pathway, C1q to C9.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 07:43 am
. . . which will provide genes for immunodeficientcy and autoimmune disease . . .

So, yeah, "that can cause" is acceptable, although i think it lacks the necessary certitude that those genes will be present.
oristarA

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 07:48 am
@Setanta,
Grammatically speaking here.

Thanks.
0 Replies