Fun little quiz

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 07:29 pm
I scored 19/20. I have no idea which frogging Bronte wrote Wuthering Heights. I always thought Kate Bush did! Wink
Not all Americans are Stupid
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,122 • Replies: 34
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 07:39 pm
Well, that was embarassing
0 Replies

innie

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 08:11 pm
13 out of 20 Embarrassed
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 08:59 pm
17 out of 20.

Better than I thought!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 09:15 pm
Damn 16 out of twenty. Eva bests me again!!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 10:12 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 10:23 pm
15 out of 20... sigh.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 10:26 pm
15. I just edited my post away because I mentioned which ones, thus warning a new test taker. Oh well.
0 Replies

MichaelAllen

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 12:16 am
I did OK and was told I should leave the country, but I haven't gained the courage yet.

I read some of the comments and people were upset by the entire experience. Makes you wonder why people are so soft these days. Can't take a little quiz and a few negative comments. Well, the site accomplishes its goal. It set out to upset as many Americans as possible and either way it works, the American gets insulted. Bravo!

The one thing that cracks me up the most is that the Americans who don't want to come across as stupid, really make themselves look stupid in their comments. "I'm not a dumb a$$, you're the dumb a$$ you stinko. You fartface, butthead." Oh, real intelligent of you. That'll change everyone's mind.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 12:32 am
18/20,
I would like to see an Iranian eat a quran though...
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 04:37 am
M. Allen wrote:
Quote:
The one thing that cracks me up the most is that the Americans who don't want to come across as stupid, really make themselves look stupid in their comments. "I'm not a dumb a$$, you're the dumb a$$ you stinko. You fartface, butthead."

And those are the adults writing. Smile
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 04:38 am
Oh I forgot. Way to go, Individual!!

Now stop reading and start watching MTV with the rest of us.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 06:08 am
Damn - only 18.

The non-American test is slightly different - try that!
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 04:47 pm
I got a score of 19/20 on the non-american quiz. Some of them are the same questions though. I messed up on what bronze was an alloy of...
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 05:10 pm
Okay, I took the non-American test and scored 17, then I took the American one again and scored 19. It was hard for me the first time with the sound effects -- I wasn't expecting so much pressure, but I think anybody would do better the second time around. Some of the questions did change from my first taking of the test to the second.

Does everybody believe this?
Quote:
You have an impressive understanding of the world for an American. It is likely that you feel intellectually isolated in your home country, and often have to hide your opinions from others. Deep down, you realise that your country is the single biggest threat to world peace in modern times, but you have not yet summoned up the courage to emigrate.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 06:24 pm
i got 20 on both .....yay lol I liked the war questions they took me 1 beep sound.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 08:22 pm
I don't believe all of it...
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 09:52 pm
Me neither, Individual. Deep down, I feel that this is patently anti-American and it is getting me a little worked up. What European would put up with someone here being anti-Belgian... or anti-Dutch or something? What's the point to knowing who the commander of the German Luftwaffe was in WWII? Frankly, I think it is more interesting that most of us would overestimate how many were killed in Hiroshima. It is odd... how many Americans would encourage somebody else to leave their country? We wouldn't.

Would any American here ever say to a Chinese person, "Your country is too big and powerful and since you don't know these things you don't have any understanding of the world?" I don't think so. Sheesh.

(Congratulations to ya, Safecracker. Guess your nerves are steady. Apparently our best and brightest are going (back) into the military.)
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 10:45 pm
Piffka (what an unusual name) wrote:
It is odd... how many Americans would encourage somebody else to leave their country? We wouldn't.

I wouldn't say that. We definitely have people who tell others that America is for Americans and that they should go home (and I think that none of us are true americans). So I could imagine some Americans promoting immigration in just about the same irrational way.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 10:56 pm
"I think that none of us are true americans" Well I believe everyone with american citizenship are true americans because even the 1st american was from another country. I would never tell anyone to go back to their own country. I'm a duel citizen though.
0 Replies