Politics, depression, alcohol and the future......

littlek

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 09:33 pm
Interesting to ponder the effectiveness of a politico on anti-depressants. It's not really the same thing as a physically handicapped politico, is it? Depression/anxiety/Bi-Polar/etc all can affect the way one thinks.

My brother suffers from pretty bad depression. He's been switched from med to med to med for years. And he's gone off them periodically and those times scare me.

I think that a politico should be smart/wise enough to not stop taking his meds.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 09:34 pm
Oh, and I'm glad hobitbob stayed on his meds and that he still metabolizes.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 09:53 pm
Oh, yeah, me too.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 10:24 pm
hobitbob wrote:
the SSRIs are fascinating from the Neurobiological standpoint, and I admit that without them I would have likely ceased metabolizing in the mid 1990s.

Me too!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 10:42 pm
Glad Wilso is still metabolizing as well!
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 11:22 pm
Its impossible to explain to someone who hasn't experienced it the absolute despair of clinical depression. I always liken it to being at the bottom of a well, and the lid is being closed off above you. You have tried to climb out, but finally that is too much effort. It seems much easier to just sit there in the dark and wait for the water to rise over your head.
0 Replies