kids hurting me

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 05:50 am
I'm 40 years old. what can I do when small boys or kids make fun of me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 775 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 05:57 am
Ignore them, if you don't react, they'll get bored and leave you alone. If you've been reacting in the past, it will take a while for them to lose interest. And for christ's sake, grow up.
jespah

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 06:05 am
@Setanta,
Yep, ignore 'em.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 06:20 am

What are they making fun about? It's possible you're unknowingly doing something to attract unwanted attention.

Fido

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 07:03 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Ignore them, if you don't react, they'll get bored and leave you alone. If you've been reacting in the past, it will take a while for them to lose interest. And for christ's sake, grow up.

Where I grew up, in swingin iggy, we had a guy coming from or going to who the hell knows where with an old army bag, unwashed, lean with a great hooked nose, and the cry would ro up that Spike Kitchen was back; and the kid who dared stand closest and pelt him with a rock or green apple had our admiration... And he had a sling shot, and he seldom missed...

I don't know if the guy was a hobbo, or homeless, a gandy dancer, or a roustabout of some sort... He may have been a Korean war vet who never managed to fit back in...He had a little hovel down in the Ceders that he one day burned down around himself, but he managed to suffer for a long time and die in the hospital after losing his legs...

All I can say is that if you are inclined to be picked on you are fortunate you did not live where I grew up... I never threw nothing at nobody unless they were throwing at me... I feared my mother and my father and if they were not around, I feared the priest... If any adult could catch you doing anything out of line you were likely to get a beating... Most of us were just too fast for that....
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 07:12 am
@spidergal,
spidergal wrote:

What are they making fun about? It's possible you're unknowingly doing something to attract unwanted attention.

Bet: She has a limp, a lisp, or some deformity of the body... Kids never consider the soul, and always attack the obvious weaknesses as they appear...

I was close to a student teacher once who was nice, but not much to look at because she had two wildly crossed eyes... I think she liked me because I treated her like a human being, and rolled joints for her, which she, with her eyes, could never manage...Don't ask me how she ever was able to do the reading to get an education... All the kids back home called her hammer head, and to her face, as though she got that way from being smacked with a sledge hammer... Kids have no, and by no, I mean, absolutly, no mercy....
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 07:51 am
@amrsallam,
If it is kids in the neighborhood you live in then I would suggest knocking on the doors of the parents and having a nice friendly talk with them over the matter of their children behavior toward you.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 08:00 am
HOW are they making fun of you? Throwing rocks, yelling at you, vandalizng your home? Are they in a gang?

Don't let this go on.

These kinds of things tend to grow and get a life of their own. Find out how to confront , befriend them, or learn to live with it.

But don't stand there being the victim. The kids will eat you up. Contact social services, if needed.

Yes, they can be merciless.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 08:09 am
how old are these kids, if they're under 10, i'd suggest laying some kind of smackdown on them, a 40 year old should be able to mess a little kid up
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 09:09 am
@amrsallam,
Seriously? Grow up and get yourself a pair of balls!
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 07:58 pm
@amrsallam,
I don't know. Try acting like you're 40 years old??

0 Replies