The definition of immunostat

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 11:41 pm

Google seems too stoopid to find it out.

Context:

Currently, B cells are being implicated in the pathogenesis of various autoimmune diseases hitherto attributed essentially to T cells, with type 1 autoimmune diabetes being a notable example. All this has raised the possibility of ‘rebalancing’ the immune system by B cell depletion [23]. Such therapies that reduce B cell competence may reduce autoreactivity by resetting a postulated immunostat.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,706 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 12:25 am

I don't know if this will help or not.

http://www.nutritiondirectusa.com/immunostat2.html
http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-32683236558418_2040_421920

Whole food, sugar-free tonic. 1 fl oz serving provides complete daily supply of balanced blend of 189 vitamins, minerals and necessary supplemental extrinsic factors. 100% natural, and includes all requirements needed for optimal health.

As a liquid ionic solution, 98% of nutrients are immediately available for absorption by the body.

Just 1 fl oz taken straight or mixed with liquids.

Sold in 32 Ounce Bottles

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 03:50 am
Quite apart from trade names, the word "immunostat" is a neologism used solely in the scietific community. Lacking wide-spread use, it is little wonder that you don't find a dictionary definition. Complicating matters further, scientists don't know to a certainty that such a thing as an immunostat exists--in immunology, one writes about the "immunostat hypothesis," because it possible that such a thing exists, but no one has been able to positively identify an immunistat. So, a definition of immunostat: something which regulates immune responses (just as a thermostat regulates your furnace to provide heat).

Nobody knows if there is such a thing as an immunostat.

The word is stupid, not stoopid.

oristarA

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 11:04 pm
@Setanta,
Thank you Set.

I missed your reply.

Thank you both.
0 Replies