Fox at it again, thanks Jon Stewart

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 04:45 am
Spinning like tops. Does anyone take their **** seriously? You have to get about three minutes in to see the story I'm talking about, but it's worth the wait.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-november-1-2010/indecision-2010---republicans-can-go-to-the-back-of-the-car

squinney

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 04:59 am
Colbert used a montage of fear news last night to point out that sanity didn't win after all.

At least after tomorrow, when all the results are in, we can finally move on to the 2012 election. Is Sarah going to run? Will Obama be a one term president? Are Republicans going to impeach? Will we finally get birth certificate from Obama?

Will we even still be here for a 2012 election or is the world going to end?

Scary stuff.

What's even scarier is that, yes, people listen to that stuff Jon highlighted and they believe it. I know some of them. Some are actually relatives.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 05:00 am
@hingehead,
And when RNC Chair Steele out and out said that Pelosi will be sent back of the bus sometime in August if and when the Republicans take back Congress I bet Fox have conveniently forgot that their constant food-in-mouth leader ever mentioned that actual thing they erroneously claimed that Obama was saying in the first place.
Fido

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 05:04 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

Spinning like tops. Does anyone take their **** seriously? You have to get about three minutes in to see the story I'm talking about, but it's worth the wait.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-november-1-2010/indecision-2010---republicans-can-go-to-the-back-of-the-car

Too bad the only choice I have is the idiot democrats to block idiot republicans in order to block the idiot communists who are always trying to take us over by loaning us money we can't pay back because we don't tax...
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 05:21 am
What's Fox News at again? Reporting news? I'm not saying, that Obama's remark was offensive, because I don't think it was, but, if any Republican office holder had suggested that Obama should be in the back of the car, Democrats would now be demanding his resignation for a racial slur.
Fido

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 05:22 am
@squinney,
squinney wrote:

Colbert used a montage of fear news last night to point out that sanity didn't win after all.

At least after tomorrow, when all the results are in, we can finally move on to the 2012 election. Is Sarah going to run? Will Obama be a one term president? Are Republicans going to impeach? Will we finally get birth certificate from Obama?

Will we even still be here for a 2012 election or is the world going to end?

Scary stuff.

What's even scarier is that, yes, people listen to that stuff Jon highlighted and they believe it. I know some of them. Some are actually relatives.
Mr. Obama does not need a birth certificate but an eviction notice... It says right in the Bible that a negro cannot be president of the United States of America... Or is that the phone book??? If he wants to be a leader he should be harnassed to a plow... I saw Rossa Parks when she was dead and couldn't say: Don't look at me, white man.... She did not realize the damage she did... Once they gave the buses to negroes there was no reason to white folks to support them, so now, black people can walk, or wait... Same with the cities... Black people can live anywhere they can afford to, but that just means white people will movc further away... And have less in common with than ever, and will never talk to ever, and will care less for than before than, if such a thought is possible...

The greatest failure of black people is success... If they would only aspire to less they could be welcomed into the success that is due them...They should not look at meanial jobs as a stepping stone, but as a destination... Even the presidency is supposed to serve the people... But it has become traditional for the people to serve their servants in government so that disallows a black man from holding office... It is logical; I think...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 05:24 am
@Brandon9000,
But you don't find it significant that conservatives use a racially-charged metaphor in regard to Pelosi?
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 05:29 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

And when RNC Chair Steele out and out said that Pelosi will be sent back of the bus sometime in August if and when the Republicans take back Congress I bet Fox have conveniently forgot that their constant food-in-mouth leader ever mentioned that actual thing they erroneously claimed that Obama was saying in the first place.

I can see you don't get it... Steele is only acting like an idiot because the is a secred agent of the NAACP, with the CP standing for communist party... The democrats have trouble getting negros to act in their supposed best interest, but to get them to act entirely against their own interest has proved as difficult for the republicans as well... So they put Steele up as a sort of Judas Goat... The goat knows it smells like blood, but there is a meal waiting on the other side... Steele knows the same thing but it is the terrible twisting of mind required of a negro to be republican that causes him to say stupid stuff... He feels the unconscious need to sabotage his own party to the best of his inability...
hingehead

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 05:36 am
@Brandon9000,
My point is that Fox clearly and knowingly lied about what Obama said. He never mentioned 'bus'. I don't think Fox = Republican. But I think Fox do.
hingehead

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 05:37 am
@Fido,
Up your dosage dude.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 05:40 am
Just to iterate, I'm not bagging Republicans or Democrats, I'm bagging Fox News, Rupert Murdoch's mouthpiece. To Stewart's credit he spends three minutes bagging the Dems before he gets to Fox.
Fido

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 01:29 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

Just to iterate, I'm not bagging Republicans or Democrats, I'm bagging Fox News, Rupert Murdoch's mouthpiece. To Stewart's credit he spends three minutes bagging the Dems before he gets to Fox.

You need a barf bag to vote for either party, and I say that knowing full well I am voting straight democrat... And then I will go heave... I will not be a party to the parties, especially to the fickle electorate taking it out of the ones trying without success to help them... I know the republicans are going to get elected and I know they will bring government to its knees, and I know they will make revolution all the more certain and I should celebrate if I did not detest violence as the absolute last resort... It is time to call this game for lack of brains... Its over when all people can do is vote against because they have no power to make government work for them... Turn off the lights... You are not going to want to see what's going to happen next...
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2010 09:29 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

My point is that Fox clearly and knowingly lied about what Obama said. He never mentioned 'bus'. I don't think Fox = Republican. But I think Fox do.

Please quote the clear lie for me.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2010 09:36 pm
@Brandon9000,
You can watch the video here. No one's going to transcribe the mess for you:
Fast forward 3:00 minutes into the video
Brandon9000

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2010 04:32 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

You can watch the video here. No one's going to transcribe the mess for you:
Fast forward 3:00 minutes into the video

I didn't ask for a transcription. I asked what the "clear" lie was. If you cannot tell me what it was, then there wasn't one.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2010 04:51 am
@Brandon9000,
Obama had made a simple metaphor that when the Democrats were controlling the House, he made the innocent reference that it was like they were driving the car. They had the majority of seats, they were driving the car. That they were in control and that the Republicans needed to sit in the back of that car and act like passengers. Fox News kept twisting his words by not only implying that he made the gaffe that Republicans should be forced to sit in the back of the bus but that Obama, our dear black President was racially disparaging the Republican house members.

They kept insisting that Obama used the racially termed word bus, an idea that they were considered racially inferior and had to sit in the back of the bus ... referring to the historically racial Jim Crow laws of the segregated south.

I find it funny that you couldn't bother to watch less then 120 seconds of video to see exactly what was said including context and you already made up your mind. Something tells me that you will be self blinded to these facts and their existing context as well simply because reality goes against your grain of thinking.
Fido

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2010 05:23 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Obama had made a simple metaphor that when the Democrats were controlling the House, he made the innocent reference that it was like they were driving the car. They had the majority of seats, they were driving the car. That they were in control and that the Republicans needed to sit in the back of that car and act like passengers. Fox News kept twisting his words by not only implying that he made the gaffe that Republicans should be forced to sit in the back of the bus but that Obama, our dear black President was racially disparaging the Republican house members.

They kept insisting that Obama used the racially termed word bus, an idea that they were considered racially inferior and had to sit in the back of the bus ... referring to the historically racial Jim Crow laws of the segregated south.

I find it funny that you couldn't bother to watch less then 120 seconds of video to see exactly what was said including context and you already made up your mind. Something tells me that you will be self blinded to these facts and their existing context as well simply because reality goes against your grain of thinking.
Who cares what he said... He could have quoted the Bible and they would have twisted it to suit their twisted view of reality...

Here is the problem: Democrats offer reform and republicans resist reform... The democrat party does not really want reform, but they do want the public trough... What are they going to fight for??? It is far too late to fix the thing with reform... The people are clearly in need of change, and when Obama did not get it for them they had no reason to vote for him or for the democrats... And, many republican voters want change just as much, though in the different direction, and the republican party will not give it to them... If we cannot learn to talk to one another, if the parties sow division, then violence and violent civil war is certain, and revolution will be at the price of blood and misery absolute... The volatility of the population is nothing for anyone to take comfort or pleasure in... Fox uses freedom of the press to stir up hatred and distrust... They should, honest to God; all be thrown in prison... They are a public menace... The republicans will take care of the rich, and the democrats will help them with that... And none of it will help the country get well...
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2010 05:28 am
@Brandon9000,
I get it Brandon. It is a knee-jerk reaction for you to defend Conservatives and Fox "News" even if it means you need to ignore or change facts. That is your right.

But you should at least watch the video. It is quite clear that Fox News lied by changing the phrase "back of the car" (which Obama said) to the phrase "back of the bus" (which he never said). The punch line of the video that Michael Steele jumps on and claims the phrase is racist-- but then there is a clip of him using the exact same phrase. It is the blatant hypocrisy that is so funny.

This is very clearly an example of Fox lying.

Watch the video.
Fido

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2010 06:19 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I get it Brandon. It is a knee-jerk reaction for you to defend Conservatives and Fox "News" even if it means you need to ignore or change facts. That is your right.

But you should at least watch the video. It is quite clear that Fox News lied by changing the phrase "back of the car" (which Obama said) to the phrase "back of the bus" (which he never said). The punch line of the video that Michael Steele jumps on and claims the phrase is racist-- but then there is a clip of him using the exact same phrase. It is the blatant hypocrisy that is so funny.

This is very clearly an example of Fox lying.

Watch the video.

There nothing funny about parties and press all misusing freedoms we allow them to rob us and threaten us and mislead us... There are a lot of freedoms we manage to live without... A union could not be a union unless it could prove it were not a gang, or a mob... The churches could be forced to do the same, and the parties as well, and the press could be on guard to always show a pure public purpose... They do not have to be so obnoxious... They attack us using the rights we defend for them, and there is no reason the people should accept that treatement because they have the right only to tell the truth which they abuse every second of every day... That is not what they are about or why they are allowed to exist... Throw them in jail...
hingehead

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2010 06:28 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
hingehead wrote:
Please quote the clear lie for me.

Read your own freakin' post! It contains my quote of the clear lie - Obama never mentioned 'bus' but Fox reported it is as though he had and drew the long bow to Rosa Parks.
0 Replies