Media bias about race

Tue 1 Sep, 2020 11:29 am
Can anyone find me an example of the mainstream left wing media reporting on a story where race is mentioned and either:

1) Whites are mentioned in a positive light

2) Blacks are mentioned in a negative light

Find me even ONE example. Go back over the past 12 years and find me even ONE example.

View best answer, chosen by FreedomEyeLove
maxdancona

Tue 1 Sep, 2020 11:32 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/aug/25/greta-thunberg-returns-to-school-after-year-off
0 Replies

maxdancona

Tue 1 Sep, 2020 11:33 am
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2020-01-14/chasing-cosby-podcast-bill-allegations-accusers
0 Replies

FreedomEyeLove

Tue 1 Sep, 2020 11:37 am
Let me be very clear,

I'd like to see examples of the mainstream left wing media reporting on a story, and specifically mentioning race as a key feature of the story where:

1) Whites are mentioned in a positive light

2) Blacks are mentioned in a negative light

Find me even ONE example. Go back over the past 12 years and find me even ONE example.
maxdancona

Tue 1 Sep, 2020 11:39 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
That makes this thread silly.

What percentage of news stories "specifically mention race as a key feature of the story?"
0 Replies

FreedomEyeLove

Tue 1 Sep, 2020 11:44 am
I wonder perhaps, if we could do a very simple search from even just the past week and find many multiple examples of the mainstream left wing media reporting on a story while specifically mentioning race as a key feature of the story where:

1) Blacks are mentioned in a positive light

2) Whites are mentioned in a negative light

Gee golly, I wonder if we could do that...
maxdancona

Tue 1 Sep, 2020 11:45 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
Go ahead... I am waiting.

I think this is silly, but please proceed.
0 Replies

FreedomEyeLove

Tue 1 Sep, 2020 11:55 am
White people:

Literally the only group that it's socially acceptable to be openly racist against.

The only one.
maxdancona

Tue 1 Sep, 2020 11:56 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
I think you are being silly.

I am eager to see your examples to show me otherwise.
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 1 Sep, 2020 12:41 pm
Media bias about race???

More like "racial bias about media". Anything not sufficiently pro-Trump for the white MAGAtards is characterized as "left". I like this as well — "mainstream left wing media". This character apparently sees no difference between NBC, CNN, WP etc, and actual left-wing media sites where Biden is regularly assailed for being a centrist, a racist, and a friend of Republicans.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa
  Selected Answer

Tue 1 Sep, 2020 12:50 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
FreedomEyeLove wrote:

I wonder perhaps, if we could do a very simple search from even just the past week and find many multiple examples of the mainstream left wing media reporting on a story while specifically mentioning race as a key feature of the story where:

1) Blacks are mentioned in a positive light

2) Whites are mentioned in a negative light

Gee golly, I wonder if we could do that...

Jeez. Seems to me I've seen tons of articles in newspapers (and I only read main stream, left wing media)...talking about race relations...mentioning former president Obama and his wife, Michelle (both blacks) in a very positive light...and Trump and the assholes who work for him (mostly whites) are mentioned in a VERY NEGATIVE light.

Gee golly, I wonder why you think people could not do that?????????
FreedomEyeLove

Tue 1 Sep, 2020 01:53 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I've seen tons of articles in newspapers (and I only read main stream, left wing media)...talking about race relations...mentioning former president Obama and his wife, Michelle (both blacks) in a very positive light...and Trump and the assholes who work for him (mostly whites) are mentioned in a VERY NEGATIVE light.

Exactly.

The inverse of this has literally never happened once in the mainstream leftist media since at least 2012, when a black man was elected president in a country that supposedly has "institutionalized racism", and we're told does not allow black people to become successful. Indeed, during that man's presidency no one was allowed to criticism him for any reason without being labeled a racist.

We now have a white president who can't sneeze without being labeled a "racist asshole".

You've illustrated my point very well Frank, thank you.

maxdancona

Tue 1 Sep, 2020 02:18 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
I think you are being silly. No one has accused Trump of being racist for sneezing.

Can you give an example you said you had of a newspaper article?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 2 Sep, 2020 04:06 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
FreedomEyeLove wrote:

Quote:
I've seen tons of articles in newspapers (and I only read main stream, left wing media)...talking about race relations...mentioning former president Obama and his wife, Michelle (both blacks) in a very positive light...and Trump and the assholes who work for him (mostly whites) are mentioned in a VERY NEGATIVE light.

Exactly.

The inverse of this has literally never happened once in the mainstream leftist media since at least 2012, when a black man was elected president in a country that supposedly has "institutionalized racism", and we're told does not allow black people to become successful. Indeed, during that man's presidency no one was allowed to criticism him for any reason without being labeled a racist.

We now have a white president who can't sneeze without being labeled a "racist asshole".

You've illustrated my point very well Frank, thank you.

Ahhh...so "your point" was that there is something wrong with reporting the truth.

I see.

Yeah, most of the American right feels that way.
FreedomEyeLove

Wed 2 Sep, 2020 02:08 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You proved my point swimmingly Frank.

Thank you.
Frank Apisa

Wed 2 Sep, 2020 02:17 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
FreedomEyeLove wrote:

You proved my point swimmingly Frank.

Thank you.

Actually, I did **** up with that post.

But...my remark indicating that the truth bothers Trump supporters holds.

Can't really fault them for that!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 2 Sep, 2020 06:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Some people have little reading comprehension. And you did have the best answer!
FreedomEyeLove

Wed 2 Sep, 2020 08:59 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Oh, Frank pointed out exactly what's been going on in the media for the past at least 12 years.

Quote:
I only read main stream, left wing media)...talking about race relations...mentioning former president Obama and his wife, Michelle (both blacks) in a very positive light...and Trump and the assholes who work for him (mostly whites) are mentioned in a VERY NEGATIVE light.

It is 100% impossible for Trump to get positive coverage by the mainstream leftist media. Even if he cured cancer, they would spin it negative. No president in history has been treated more unfairly.

Meanwhile no one was allowed to speak ill of the Obamas for any reason during his administration, and that rule continues in the press to this day.

Just like how every story mentioning race as a key feature must paint whites in a negative light, and blacks in a positive one.

These are cardinal rules of the mainstream press, never to be broken.

Frank explained it PERFECTLY.

maxdancona

Wed 2 Sep, 2020 09:31 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
If I show you a positive story about Trump from NPR... would that be enough to show you that you are wrong?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 3 Sep, 2020 04:42 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
FreedomEyeLove wrote:

Oh, Frank pointed out exactly what's been going on in the media for the past at least 12 years.

Quote:
I only read main stream, left wing media)...talking about race relations...mentioning former president Obama and his wife, Michelle (both blacks) in a very positive light...and Trump and the assholes who work for him (mostly whites) are mentioned in a VERY NEGATIVE light.

It is 100% impossible for Trump to get positive coverage by the mainstream leftist media.

Yup, I was correct. You want the "mainstream media" to lie. You want them to overlook the fact that Trump is an incompetent, stupid, ignorant, classless boor. But the reason he is so often painted as an incompetent, stupid, ignorant, classless boor IS BECAUSE HE IS an incompetent, stupid, ignorant, classless boor.

When he does something worth noting positively (like the time he showed he could drink a glass of water with just one hand) the media mentions it.

Quote:

Even if he cured cancer, they would spin it negative. No president in history has been treated more unfairly.

Actually, Lincoln was often likened to a baboon in the mainstream media.

Trump is the most stupid, ignorant, classless moron ever to hold the office. It is only fair that he get more negative treatment from the press than any previous president.

I think they are treating him very fairly.

I think you want them to be anything but fair.

Quote:
Meanwhile no one was allowed to speak ill of the Obamas for any reason during his administration, and that rule continues in the press to this day.

Even you do not think that is true. I've heard all sorts of people "speak ill" of both Obamas...including the current Moron-in-Chief. He used to do it all the time!

Quote:
Just like how every story mentioning race as a key feature must paint whites in a negative light, and blacks in a positive one.

You do have a problem. Hope you learn to deal with it.

0 Replies