Fox at it again, thanks Jon Stewart

parados

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 08:19 am
@Brandon9000,
Trusting me? You watched the video, didn't you? There is no reason to trust me. See the clip for yourself. But then you kept claiming there was nothing in the video that was a lie so either you didn't watch the video or you purposely blocked out what was said.
parados

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 08:23 am
@parados,
Not only does Peter Johnson say it but underneath him are the words...

Quote:

Political Segregation?
POTUS - GOP can come for ride, but sit in back

What does sitting in the back of a car have to do with segregation? Clearly, FOX News and NOT just the commentators are saying the POTUS said "back of the bus."

And you want to argue that there was no lie there or only one lie? Maybe you should look at the video Brandon and stop acting like a complete idiot.

0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 11:03 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Trusting me? You watched the video, didn't you? There is no reason to trust me. See the clip for yourself. But then you kept claiming there was nothing in the video that was a lie so either you didn't watch the video or you purposely blocked out what was said.

Or I watched it a week ago when the thread started and don't have a photographic memory.
parados

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 08:00 am
@Brandon9000,
And a week ago you couldn't find a single lie in it when you watched it. Rolling Eyes

Your observation and comprehension skills seem lacking Brandon.
Fido

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 08:34 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

And a week ago you couldn't find a single lie in it when you watched it. Rolling Eyes

I'll bet he never forgets who owes him money...
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 09:47 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

Really? According to standardized testing, my visual and comprehension skills are better than virtually anybody's. Just because you say something is a lie, doesn't mean that it is. Just because you make all sorts of claims about Fox doesn't make them true. In fact, I have been very forthcoming about admitting that things pointed out to me in this thread were lies. I have admitted that one statement for which I was given a link was a lie, and that one statement quoted by you was at the least very misleading. Unless you have another statement to quote for me, your speculations about Fox and me are just noise.
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 09:48 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

parados wrote:

Just the sort of trenchant argument and proof that I would expect from a liberal. People who rely on ad hominems to make their debating points don't have a very good track record.
parados

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 10:56 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Really? According to standardized testing, my visual and comprehension skills are better than virtually anybody's. Just because you say something is a lie, doesn't mean that it is.

Brandon9000 wrote:

Please quote the clear lie for me.

Brandon9000 wrote:

I didn't ask for a transcription. I asked what the "clear" lie was. If you cannot tell me what it was, then there wasn't one.

Brandon9000 wrote:

I did watch it days ago, and now I am waiting for you to name an individual and quote a sentence he spoke which is a clear lie.

Brandon9000 wrote:

You're right. Hannity seems to have lied.

Brandon9000 wrote:

Secondly, I simply had no idea from that whole video, which statement was supposed to be the "clear lie." Once it was pointed out to me, I instantly agreed that it was a lie.
SO much for you recent claim that your powers of observation are better than most. You don't see the lie until it is pointed out. Then you don't see that if Hannity's statement is a lie that any other similar statements would also be lies.

Did the President say this?
Quote:
" And once the car is out of the ditch you can't have the keys but we will let you sit in the back of the bus."

And yet you argued that it was not a lie but simply someone's opinion until I pressed you on it.

And then you said it wasn't a conspiracy but you have agreed that 2 Fox commentators used the lie and you still haven't commented on the Fox bottom text which clearly is in support of what you admit is a lie. A conspiracy only requires 2 people Brandon and we see more than 2 people contributing to the lie.
Setanta

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 11:31 am
According to standardized testing, my olfactory skills are better than virtually anybody's.

I smell a rat . . .
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 02:03 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

According to standardized testing, my olfactory skills are better than virtually anybody's.

I smell a rat . . .

What rat exactly? Specify it. You're a name caller. You have no actual arguments. You just dash in with an irrelevant insult in discussions you can't win by debate. Tell me the rat you smell, and let's hash it out. You can't. You won't.
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 02:07 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Quote:
" And once the car is out of the ditch you can't have the keys but we will let you sit in the back of the bus."

And yet you argued that it was not a lie but simply someone's opinion until I pressed you on it....

Nonsense. My immediate reply was:

Brandon9000 wrote:
Trusting you that this was intended as a characterization of what Obama said, then it is highly deceptive, because it implies that Obama made reference to the charged term, "back of the bus," which he didn't.

and I never conceded anything further. Looks like you lie too.
Setanta

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 02:12 pm
@Brandon9000,
No, i didn't call you any names, and i need not present an argument to comment.

However, since i didn't call anyone any names, i am now entitled to do so. You lied when you said i was a name-caller. That makes you a liar.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 02:13 pm
As for what i can and can't debate--why should i bother. Parados is making a monkey out of you, without any need for my help, and by using what you've posted yourself.

Liar.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 02:23 pm
OK, Mr. Liar9000, here's an online definition of "to smell a rat:"

Quote:
smell a rat, to suspect or surmise treachery; have suspicion: After noting several discrepancies in his client's story, the attorney began to smell a rat.

So that's not name calling. Having read that pathetic, puerile claim of yours that your comprehension skills are superior to virtually anybody else's, and especially after years of the experience of your self-delusion, i smelled a rat. I suspect that it might not actually be true that your comprehension is superior to nearly anybody else's. So i made a satirical post at your expense. Now you want to cry about it when you get ridiculed for a foolish conceit.

Get over it.
Fido

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 05:37 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Fido wrote:

parados wrote:

Just the sort of trenchant argument and proof that I would expect from a liberal. People who rely on ad hominems to make their debating points don't have a very good track record.
If you are talking to me, Brand X; you do need glasses if you cannot tell the difference between a liberal and a revolutionary...
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 05:46 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

OK, Mr. Liar9000, here's an online definition of "to smell a rat:"

Quote:
smell a rat, to suspect or surmise treachery; have suspicion: After noting several discrepancies in his client's story, the attorney began to smell a rat.

So that's not name calling. Having read that pathetic, puerile claim of yours that your comprehension skills are superior to virtually anybody else's, and especially after years of the experience of your self-delusion, i smelled a rat. I suspect that it might not actually be true that your comprehension is superior to nearly anybody else's. So i made a satirical post at your expense. Now you want to cry about it when you get ridiculed for a foolish conceit.

Get over it.

You're unable to say what the rat is. Got it.
parados

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 10:37 pm
@Brandon9000,
Your immediate reply when I first posted the statement was here Brandon -

http://able2know.org/topic/163515-2#post-4406257

You claimed
Quote:
Without watching the video again, the above statements strike me as opinions that you don't agree with.

It hardly makes me a liar Brandon but it does raise questions about your claim to be so much better at observation than the average person.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 03:58 am
@Brandon9000,
I'm able to say what the expression means, and that it is not name-calling, which makes you a liar. And in Parados' succeeding post, he makes exactly the same point i was making:

". . . it does raise questions about your claim to be so much better at observation than the average person."

Merely as a self-aware adult, i would think that you would have been embarrassed by such a childish statement of conceit. Certainly there is no evidence here that you have any superior skills of comprehension--quite the reverse in fact, as you've tried to dance away from admitting the obvious.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 04:00 am
When you make an idiotic statement such as this, Brandon: According to standardized testing, my visual and comprehension skills are better than virtually anybody's.--you can expected to get lambasted for your puerile conceit. Stop whining.
Fido

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 08:47 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

When you make an idiotic statement such as this, Brandon: According to standardized testing, my visual and comprehension skills are better than virtually anybody's.--you can expected to get lambasted for your puerile conceit. Stop whining.

I was once on an eleven story near Detroit where the connectors put a moment beam in an elevator shaft wrong end to, and then when they figured it out they tried to scrape off the piece number, (by which the correct direction is shown) and then when called on their Joe trick because the brace angles would not fit, they told the owner how many years of experience they had... Isn't the game all over when you have to rely upon some statistic having absolutely nothing to do with the situation at hand???

It is a whole lot like Brandon's standardized testing because if you get it wrong you get it wrong, and you may as well get on with your life... I have driven in fogs so thick I had to listen for cars before pulling out of my drive way... It did not stop some one with no better vision than myself from passing me on the highway into an even deeper blindness... What the Greeks said, that we got the power of foresight from Promethieus is true; but we lose it when we hope against hope...

There are a lot of people in this country living on hope against hope.... They trust the likes of Glenn Beck, and Bilorielly because they do not have the time to research everything or anything; because their lives are harried and harrassed; and the right offers them a culpret, a scapegoat... Everything in America would be fine if:... Just get rid of the Mexicans, the Jews, the Blacks, The Asians, etc and ... People come to this land alread corrupted by our wealth thinking that wealth is the solution to their problems... It is not... One man's gain is another's loss..

There were a lot of times when Adoph Hitler could have been stopped, but the best time would have been before he was ever born, when the invasions and injustices by Napoleon turned people to the whoreship of the Volk, and spread the German Myth far and wide.... The crap people believe, and the cynics who spread their gospel of hate are not really the problem, though it may well support the problem...

If people had better lives, and were not so robbed and exploited, and because of that fact did not live lives denied education and relevant facts- they would not have to rely upon others to do their thinking for them who would spin their facts to fit views already held...

The American people are all corrupt... There is not one of us free of corruption... We can be taken left and right, but never straight to our goals, the goal we should have and accept because they are the good goals of all government and all humanity -because we are corrupt... You cannot take an honest man, and an honest man will not bear being taken... It is because almost all American feel the malignancy in their souls, and know they are hateful and corrupt that they bear such corruption from church, media, and government...
0 Replies