Fox at it again, thanks Jon Stewart

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 01:42 pm
Wow . . . who would have thought that Godwin's law would have been invoked in this thread.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 07:01 pm
You've done what liberals usually like to do with debates. In lieu of arguing the point, they simply attack the poster. It's easier than actually proving your points. I've seen the A2K liberals use this strategy again and again. You have pointed out one statement by Hannity which I agree could be called a lie and one by Peter Johnson Jr which, if it was presented to me accurately, is highly misleading. Yet you claim that Fox News is a hot bed of deliberate lies and false news, which you certainly haven't shown.
hingehead

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 07:20 pm
@Brandon9000,
Ha! an ad hominen attack on liberals! Sorry couldn't resist.

Actually kickycan posted to sites that have a litany of fox lies:
http://mediamatters.org/research/200910130047
http://foxnewsboycott.com/tag/lies/
And as I said you can get an almost nightly jaw dropper from Fox by watching the daily show.

And a suggestion you google fox lies and evaluate the information for yourself.

You did indeed acquiesce that Hannity lied, and I thanked you.

The problem is that you don't want to seek truth because you're convinced you already have it, and we are convinced (on your past form) that it would be a waste of time to copy and paste each Foxnews violation of journalistic ethics for you as your mind is set as concrete.

For me it's not just the lies its the way exactly the same behaviour from two polticians is reported completely differently depending on whether they're riding an elephant or a donkey. If I noticed that trend for or two or three stories on media outlet I'd distrust them completely. But people still watch Fox and that's their M.O. Not only that but different 'talking heads' collude to give the impression that their views are unanimously held by the population and the media. When they cite widespread media outrage at a story, when they are they only media outlet to feign outrage.

I know you'll say that once again I'm not dealing in specifics, but really it's too much bother. Watch the Daily Show for a week. Then at least you'll be able to confirm your conviction that liberals are deluded fools. You may even get a laugh.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 10:47 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

You've done what liberals usually like to do with debates. In lieu of arguing the point, they simply attack the poster. It's easier than actually proving your points. I've seen the A2K liberals use this strategy again and again. You have pointed out one statement by Hannity which I agree could be called a lie and one by Peter Johnson Jr which, if it was presented to me accurately, is highly misleading. Yet you claim that Fox News is a hot bed of deliberate lies and false news, which you certainly haven't shown.

The biggest lie is fair and balanced... They all know the reflexes of the right, and they play on them without respite...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 06:54 am
@Brandon9000,
As this was not addressed to a specific member, but came immediately after my post, allow me to point out the stupidity of your remarks. You are using one straw man after another--you claim that "liberals" at this site attack the poster rather than address the point. Leaving aside that this thread is filled with post after post addressing the author's original topic, you haven't shown that you have been "attacked." When you make an eggregiously conceited and unsubstantiated claim that you have a superior comprehension, all the while refusing to acknowledge what has not only been told to you, but substantiated with links to the relevant videos, you can expect that you'll be ridiculed for an obviously false claim on your part.

You further allege that you've seen "liberals" here "use this strategy again and again"--but you provide no evidence to that effect. As that is not germane to the subject, it's a straw man. Furthermore, it entails a condemnation of an entire class of people, something about which you whine that you are the victim.

Finally, i have never claimed that "Fox News is a hot bed of deliberate lies and false news"--so you are piling up the lies (which appears to be a technique which you frequently employ--see above), and erecting yet another straw man.

If, however, you were not addressing me, have the honesty and the courage to name whom you accuse.
Fido

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 08:28 am
@Setanta,
You are missing the point... Carl Rove certainly got it... What gives the repubicans their base and their power is what gave Prussia's Bismark his power: Attack, attack, attack...

What they stand for is offensive, and the American people are, for the most part offensive, and the fact that we are uneducated gives us no respect for the pacific qualities of education... They don't look for their heads for reason, but for battering rams... Where the democrats lose is in playing defense... The second liar never has a chance... Any one can say: I didn't do it... The skill that makes a person worthy of government in this land is the skill to make an accusation with enough truth in it so that it cannot be denied, and if denied, needs explanation, and if it needs explaning has already lost the battle which has moved on to a new accusation... If you want to succeed in government, never do anything that needs explanation, and go through every day casting every statagy in terms of attack... Never ever defend... Always attack... It is what this people expect... Reason gives them a headache, and it never changes a single mind... Save reason for reasonable people...The South has become this people... Government is not a means of achieving a good, but is a tool to destroy ones enemies... It is not an object of love, but is an expression of hate...

Saying nothing of the carreer politicians of the democratic party who are all whores, the people who vote for themselves are decent people of good heart... They should do, and demand what the republican do when out of power, and that is non cooperation... These people hate us, attack us, attack reason and attack the good for which the government was formed, and attack the government and denude it... They are no our friends nad they could not injure us without our cooperation, and they will not respect us so long as we go along, or ever listen to our side of the story... The only way we will ever have their respect is to turn the tables on them and become more republican in tactics than the republicans...The truth about republicans is as bad as the worst lie told about democrats... The problem is, that once your have pulled the shroud from their dead faces and dead ideas, how do we all get back to being friends??? What does it matter since we are anything but friends now???
Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 08:34 am
@Fido,
You come up with the most hilarious horseshit. I didn't miss any point. Brandon, if he was addressing me, indulged in some eggregious falacies. I'm neither ignorant of, nor interested in discussing the propagandistic methods of the Republicans. Nor do i consider it germane to the discussion.
Fido

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 08:50 am
@Setanta,
Get your head out of your ass, Setanta... That is the whole point of Fox and their lies, and Brandon is one of theirs, and he sees it... You do not have to have truth at your side, or God either... The republicans have figured out the American people, and you have figured out nothing... Who cares what is right, or just or virtuous... Winner take all, smash mouth, in your face, mudslinging, realpolitic has become our master because that is us... The real people may go to church and look for moral backbone, but all the rest of the time they realize they took this place from the savages and the king with blood shed and terror, and they kept power in the South with indescriminate violence, and the words of hate with all of their violent implications are just a prelude to violence against this nation and society...

There is no dealling with them... Dealing with them is being used by them... Either adopt their tactics and realize the world you are in, or submit to slavery... How long are we going to support their failed economic system???... How long are we going to submit to them cutting people out of the commonwealth so they can keep what they think is theirs... What does social security mean, and what is it good for???... What does unity mean and what is it good for.. They are not playing fair. .. Fukum in their hearts if they got any...
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2011 06:27 am
Well Jon is back on board and fox is showering itself with glory again.

Jump to 5.30 (unless you want to watch some funny stuff first (it's all good)) to see the Fox interviewer insist that the Dem talks about the tone of the title of the 'repeal job-killing healthcare' bill - talking over the top of him when he tries to say that it's not just the tone but the substance - and then lets the Repub guy say 'the dems are focussing on tone and not substance, to which the dem again tries to go to substance, only to be squashed again by the Fox guy for 'getting off topic' - sheesh. Embarassing.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-january-17-2011/tonal-recall
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2011 06:36 am
This bit on Palin - was hilariously depressing. Hannity doesn't really think he's a journalist does he? Palin's press secretary would have done a tougher interview - or at least let her talk more, of course that would be embarassing too.
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-january-18-2011/petty-woman

Guessing Palin won't appear any time soon. Bill O'Reilly coped fine with dignity intact.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 09:31 pm
Well the Norway massacre really exposed Fox's brittleness and hypocrisy:
The Fox News rapid-response team distinguishes violence in the name of a religion from the practitioners of that religion -- as long as it's Christianity.
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-july-27-2011/in-the-name-of-the-fodder

GOP - Special Victims Unit
Conservative pundits hate it when liberals play the victim card because it distracts from the real victims: conservatives.
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-july-27-2011/gop---special-victims-unit
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 07:07 pm
A nice compilation of five experts wasting their time on Foxliars

snood

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 08:46 pm
@hingehead,
Oh. my. GOD! That last guy tore a piece of that Faux ass, and all that tool idiot could say was "Thanks for joining us."
hingehead

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 10:31 pm
@snood,
I loved how the last guy didn't get the slightest het up - and right at the end says 'You're welcome' with a smile.
0 Replies