Fox at it again, thanks Jon Stewart

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 05:20 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Did everyone get that?! It wasn't a "sinister lie", it was an "unfortunate exaggeration".

I've been counseling 13 year olds for the past several months, and I swear this sounds like the same kind of "logic" they try, when they are just plain wrong.

I'm not those kids. I'm not responsible for or associated with those kids. I absolutely agree that Hannity's statement was a lie, but that to what extent it represents sinister plotting and to what extent it represents Hannity getting carried away with his own rhetoric is unclear. Unless you can prove that it indicates sinister plotting in the shadows, then stop pretending you know what was in his mind.
hingehead

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 05:28 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
That is an opinion which you have backed only with one single sentence by Hannity.

Well actually I could go through the back catalogue daily shows and provide a gallamorphry of Fox clips where identical stories have been portrayed in very different lights depending on whether the politician involved is Republican or Democrat, Jon Stewart mines this stuff from Fox News - he should be paying them a writing credit - and unlike Hannity and co he shows the actual video rather than 'reporting' what was said.

But you have your way of thinking, and I have mine. Mine could change, I doubt yours will.

0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 10:52 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

snood wrote:

Did everyone get that?! It wasn't a "sinister lie", it was an "unfortunate exaggeration".

I've been counseling 13 year olds for the past several months, and I swear this sounds like the same kind of "logic" they try, when they are just plain wrong.

I'm not those kids. I'm not responsible for or associated with those kids. I absolutely agree that Hannity's statement was a lie, but that to what extent it represents sinister plotting and to what extent it represents Hannity getting carried away with his own rhetoric is unclear. Unless you can prove that it indicates sinister plotting in the shadows, then stop pretending you know what was in his mind.

Wooo! Yeah, I know! Someone would have to be a mindreader or something to impute to Sean Hannity the tendency or motivation to lie in the pursuit of smearing Obama!! I mean, just look at him! Hannity has never given anyone a hint of a reason to suggest that he'd lie to attack Obama! After all, he's so frikkin' fair and balanced and did I mention fair?!? And balanced?!?
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 11:46 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

snood wrote:

Wooo! Yeah, I know! Someone would have to be a mindreader or something to impute to Sean Hannity the tendency or motivation to lie in the pursuit of smearing Obama!! I mean, just look at him! Hannity has never given anyone a hint of a reason to suggest that he'd lie to attack Obama! After all, he's so frikkin' fair and balanced and did I mention fair?!? And balanced?!?

You only think he's unfair because you don't agree with them. When we look at your shows, we can find **** like this too. Grow up.
snood

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 12:00 am
Quote:
You only think he's unfair because you don't agree with them. When we look at your shows, we can find **** like this too. Grow up.

In the old-fashioned, southern traditional sense, God Bless you Brandon.
Setanta

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 04:58 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
Grow up.

That's rich coming from you, Mr. Cut my head off while is scream.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 05:19 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

snood wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

snood wrote:

Do you really think growing up is accepting all the slant that passess for news??? I think the freedom of the press is our right, and I think those are our airwaves they are broadcasting that garbage on, and if they cannot all tell the truth, really inform us without propaganda then, they do not have the right and should find some other way to waste their lives than by wasting our time...We have a right to the truth, to the facts... We will never be a democracy so long as those clowns have access to the facts, but give us bullshit, and we have no choice but to take it...When anyone tells a lie they do an absolute inury to people, and when those bastards with rights we defend for them undercut our freedom with trash talk and abuse they are injuring this whole nation and need to be tried and executed...
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 07:52 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Quote:

In the old-fashioned, southern traditional sense, God Bless you Brandon.

This sounds like an accusation of some kind, but it also sounds like you don't have the guts to state it clearly. If you're right, then why would you be afraid to lay out exactly what you mean?

My position is that we can analyze your liberal shows and find cases of people saying things that aren't true too. Instead of giving a real counter-argument, you just make some veiled accusation that you don't have the guts to spell out.
Setanta

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 07:56 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
My position is that we can analyze your liberal shows and find cases of people saying things that aren't true too.

So what? That's a tu quoque fallacy. The subject of the thread is Fox News, and allegations that their employees have lied on the air. If yo want to whine and pee your pants about "liberal" broadcasters, start your own thread.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 07:56 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

snood wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

snood wrote:

Do you really think growing up is accepting all the slant that passess for news??? I think the freedom of the press is our right, and I think those are our airwaves they are broadcasting that garbage on, and if they cannot all tell the truth, really inform us without propaganda then, they do not have the right and should find some other way to waste their lives than by wasting our time...We have a right to the truth, to the facts... We will never be a democracy so long as those clowns have access to the facts, but give us bullshit, and we have no choice but to take it...When anyone tells a lie they do an absolute inury to people, and when those bastards with rights we defend for them undercut our freedom with trash talk and abuse they are injuring this whole nation and need to be tried and executed...

All you have really demonstrated is Hannity exaggerating in one sentence. We can find liberal commentators doing that on your shows too. You have yet to provide proof of any case of widespread distortion of the truth by Fox. And, no, I don't agree with you that people should be executed for espousing views I don't agree with on TV, or even for lying.
parados

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 07:57 pm
@Brandon9000,
Oh.. we've gone from Hannity lied to this?
Quote:
All you have really demonstrated is Hannity exaggerating in one sentence.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 07:59 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Quote:
My position is that we can analyze your liberal shows and find cases of people saying things that aren't true too.

So what? That's a tu quoque fallacy. The subject of the thread is Fox News, and allegations that their employees have lied on the air. If yo want to whine and pee your pants about "liberal" broadcasters, start your own thread.

You guys are the ones whining and soiling your pants about Fox's crimes against humanity. I'm the one pointing out that what you have found here is trivial.

You haven't proven widespread lying by Fox news here. You have one single case, of one person fibbing or exaggerating in one sentence, which is no different from stuff that probably happens every day on liberal talk shows.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 07:59 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Oh.. we've gone from Hannity lied to this?
Quote:
All you have really demonstrated is Hannity exaggerating in one sentence.

I won't argue with the word lied.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 08:04 pm
@Brandon9000,
I have neither whined nor "soiled" my pants. I've just been a spectator. In that capacity, i'm free to call bullshit when i see it.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 08:12 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
You haven't proven widespread lying by Fox news here.

No, not here, but it has definitely been proven in other places.

Like, for example, here.

http://mediamatters.org/research/200910130047

kickycan

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 08:18 pm
@kickycan,
And here.

http://foxnewsboycott.com/tag/lies/

I'll go see if I can find some more...wait, maybe you should just google fox lies and see for yourself.

And then please, rush right back to us so you can tell us all how all those websites are biased and unworthy of consideration.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 10:08 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Fido wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

snood wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

snood wrote:

All you have really demonstrated is Hannity exaggerating in one sentence. We can find liberal commentators doing that on your shows too. You have yet to provide proof of any case of widespread distortion of the truth by Fox. And, no, I don't agree with you that people should be executed for espousing views I don't agree with on TV, or even for lying.

It was a loaded lie, meant to evoke the worst feelings of injured reverse descrimination... How dare that negro suggest we need to ride in the back of the bus??? Trust me on this one folks... If everybody rides the bus, some one has to sit in the back, and the funny thing is, considered from that angle it only has one little front and all the rest is back...
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 06:35 am
@kickycan,
kickycan wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:
You haven't proven widespread lying by Fox news here.

No, not here, but it has definitely been proven in other places.

Like, for example, here.

http://mediamatters.org/research/200910130047

It's too easy to claim that a link shows unspecified proof. Why don't you pick one example from that article and we can discusss it specifically.
parados

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 08:47 am
@Brandon9000,
You won't even admit this is a lie Brandon, when he is explaining what Obama supposedly said.

Peter Johnson Jr " And once the car is out of the ditch you can't have the keys but we will let you sit in the back of the bus."
Brandon9000

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 10:11 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

You won't even admit this is a lie Brandon, when he is explaining what Obama supposedly said.

Peter Johnson Jr " And once the car is out of the ditch you can't have the keys but we will let you sit in the back of the bus."

Trusting you that this was intended as a characterization of what Obama said, then it is highly deceptive, because it implies that Obama made reference to the charged term, "back of the bus," which he didn't.