Dems looking for way to get rid of Obunga?

DrewDad

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2010 07:47 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
How many people you figure actually voted FOR Bork Obunga? Five? Six??

That sounds about right, for a write-in candidate.
0 Replies

Paddle

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2010 07:52 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
Wouldn't it be great if that were true... Extraconstitutional changes like parties and limits on the number of US representatives to a fraction of what they should be have nearly wrecked the democracy... Wealth was supposed to pay its share to defend its privilages... Taxing those without wealth is only a redistribution of wealth to the rich...

You lay too much trust in your imperfect government. America was not founded as a "Democracy," it was a Republic. You try too hard to label and place the population in sections and groups. Everyone is an individual and therefore is no more important or has no privileges over anyone else. You're advocating only taxing the rich, when in fact, the rich (and businesses) provide jobs. When have you ever seen a poor person give someone else a job (other than a handjob for crack? -- added that for wit but I'm sure you'll dwell on it).

It's all about personal responsibility. People don't want to take responsibility for the decisions they've made in their lives that may have cost their loss of education or financial success, so therefore try to "lay blame" on the "rich man" for "oppressing" him/her. The community someone is born or raised in has no affect on their future, it's what they make it to be.

You act as if the government is the "moral" medium in which social injustices are corrected, but what you don't understand is taking money, belongings or wealth by force is not moral.

[And for future information, I do not advocate taxing only those without wealth. I personally do not support the Income Tax (because it's a direct tax on the fruits of our labor. The contract between a person and the work place is an Equal Exchange of work for compensation.) I do not support ANY tax (except Sales Tax, and that should be excluded on services and products that are necessary for living. IE: Food, water, electricity, etc.) ]
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2010 10:24 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

Fido wrote:

rosborne979 wrote:

If there was a revolutionwhat would we put in place of what we've got?

Easy... We would replace what we do not want and does not work with what works and is wanted...

My point is that it's easy to state in theory what you want, but it not easy in reality to define a system that gets you (and everyone else) what you want.

The system we have now was a carefully defined set of rules intended to give most people what they wanted, but it evolved into what we have now.

I think it is pretty easy to state in theory what we should all want....All people should be free in the conduct of their own affairs, and no one should be governed except to the extent that their affairs affect others since defense of all is the object of government... Government of the people, by the people and for the people is the ideal... Governing people, ruling over people is not the object, but if industry will not be governed, if enterprise is free then people must be managed, or they will seek justice on their own...The goals of government as stated in the preamble are great, and good; but as you say, the government evolved, and all forms evolve into something other than they began... Marriages are social forms like governments too, and they can evolve and must to adapt to new situations, but if they do not evolve for the better they are doomed... We need to talk about reform or revolution... Clearly, the tea baggers are threatening revolution, or insurection... That is the whole idea of the tea party, historically...We all need to think about what changes we should make, and make them before our form takes us down with it... I am not suggesting any sort of ideal... People should not build for the ages, but for the moment, and make change of government possible and easy...The greatest problem of our constitution is that people consider it ideal, and it is not... The goals are great, but it is a house divided and will not stand...We need to find some way of talking about it.... I would be happy to write a trial constitution, but I would impose it upon no one... People should have the government of their desires, but everything has to be on the table except human rights... Which the goverment should exit to defend...
0 Replies