fat-binder-of-funk

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 03:13 am
What does "fat-binder-of-funk" mean?

Context:

And perhaps, its to fit what I believe in, but now does the rules change because he agrees with what I agree with as it does not fit in your fat-binder-of-funk? You cant honestly be speaking for the chinese too, now can you? What do you say Mr. Know-It-All?

In addition, should "does the rules change" be "do the rules change"?

TIA
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 644 • Replies: 4
No top replies

princessash185

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 10:36 am
first, yes, that should be "do the rules change"

and, for the fat binder of funk. . . first of all, a binder is a kind of book that holds paper- it has three rings, and you add paper to it. In this case, I suppose it's a thick binder. Funk here means either crap or stuff or something along those lines. There's really not enough context to understand the thread of the conversation. "Fat binder of funk" means something to the author and reader that I, not part of the conversation, cannot quite understand :-)

I'm not exactly sure what this person is going for. . . I suppose it's "do the rules change even though it (whatever they're talking about) doesn't agree with what you know/think/etc". . .

This entire quotation is rather rude. . . I wouldn't recommend using "fat binder of funk" very often, even if it's perfectly polite, because most people would have NO idea what you're talking about. . .
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 11:03 am
In my opinion, that is a rather deranged quotation. Where do you get this from?

The author has written this in a very informal, slangy way. Princessash is right about the first part; the whole thing is basically saying, 'Do things change because He agrees with what I think, and not your rubbish... you don't speak for everyone, know it all.' Charming!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 11:04 am
So, fat-binder-of-funk, from the way that the two girls in this room and I read it, means 'lots and lots of rubbish/stupid talk.'
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 11:58 am
Thanks dròm_et_rêve and Princess, I've got it now.
I think "fat-binder-of-funk" meant "your stupidly thick dictionary"... that is, such kind of slang we can make it easily. Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies