loneliness

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 03:04 pm
Why do I miss my boyfriend when we are apart but when we are together we fight all the time does this mean I am just afraid to be alone?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 757 • Replies: 12
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 04:15 pm
@regretfulgirl,
Possibly. Or when you're apart you could be unrealistically not thinking of the bad times.
regretfulgirl

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 05:22 pm
@jespah,
That is really good advice I am sure that is what I am doing! I should try to remember the reason why we are fighting to begin with. Thank you for your thought!
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 05:42 pm
It has nothing to do with him. He is a diversion - a negative, but exciting way to occupy your mind so you don't have to deal with real issues.

Please spend some time to find out why you feel so unfulfilled when you are by yourself.
55hikky

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2010 12:02 pm
@PUNKEY,
lol so cut throat.
0 Replies

55hikky

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2010 03:22 am
@regretfulgirl,
why don't you two just keep getting back together and keep breaking up until someday you stay broken up or stay being together?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2010 06:38 am
Why do people depend on another person to make them feel complete?
55hikky

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2010 05:56 pm
@PUNKEY,
Why do you think? Do you have an opinion on why people might feel as if they need another person to make them feel "complete"? Can you also help us understand better with your definition of "complete." It's not your fault, but the english vocabulary is severely limited in its complexity and specificity, we usually need multiple words to convey to others what exactly it is that you are trying to transcend to us. Complete, today,can pertain to several different perspectives, such as, "fulfilling" in terms of happiness, or as in having a place in the world or a being's heart; a sense of belonging. There are many aspects to humans that must be considered when we speak of being complete in respect to some idea or ideal isn't there? After all, we claim ourselves to be one of the most complex animals, and Aristotle claims that what differentiates us is our capacity for rationality, and wouldn't we want to believe that he is right? We have a myriad of topics and venues we would like to pursue to become more complete in those genre. Unless you meant "complete" as in ALL human perspectives and aspects we currently have discovered, it would be nice if you can assist us in exploring these aspects of human needs that drives us to become "complete". Or more specifically, which you were referring to that requires another person to complete.
Do you think all aspects of humans can be 'complete' without others and done only by ourselves, or are all aspects of life require a partner. This statement is most likely incorrect. Though there are plenty of things we can be "complete" in that is done by ourselves (perhaps aiming for a nice body, or getting a certain grade in a class), but it is also true, as you have claimed, that some aspects of life (may)require another partner to feel as if we are "complete," what are they, in your opinion?

regards,
55hikky
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2010 11:33 am
I am saying that this woman needs to become a full and feeling person, capable of functioning without a man, babysitter or dogma to guide her. She will love herself above all and then be capable of loving another.
55hikky

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2010 12:43 pm
@PUNKEY,
Well, from the original post, she doesn't say she can't function, nor does she say that she doesn't love herself, nor does it say that she can't love anyone else, nor is she guided by dogma, or that she is a woman...

(Claim 1)
She's just saying that she misses him when she is not with him, and they are inclined to conflicts when they are; we are inferring that she can't function without him, though it seems more clear that the occasion when she can't function is when she is WITH him rather. (I see how you came to this through stereotyping, judging, assuming and feigned inference, but next time you write a response, you should be careful about what you write, for stipulation is rather important when you want your voice to have volume).

(Question 1)
But beyond this, assuming one in her state is to be less functional and efficient with respect to a instance when she is not thinking about her lover, what would one do to get over this to become a "full and feeling person"?

(Claim 2)
Also the last question was assuming that becoming a "full and feeling person" is a virtue, that one ought to strive to become this. (this is an assumption as well, but a well accepted one). But then I'll ask, what is wrong with how she is acting now? By having the feeling of loneliness, or longing for someone (I am using these two terms interchangeably) would teach one the necessity of and/or value of the presence of other people's support and love. Which I will claim, is a necessary step in understanding and becoming this "full and feeling person." The virtue I am speaking to is Empathy, and this, as I have heard, is one of the most important virtue, namely for one to develop the notion of love, flourishing society, reciprocity and altruism, beneficence, forgiveness, appreciation, loyalty (leading to honesty and zeal), caring, chastity, compassion, cooperation, humility, patience, and so on.

(Question 2)
If the purpose of your claim, "this woman needs to become a full and feeling person..." is to become, "...love herself above all and then be capable of loving another." Isn't this feeling she is experiencing rather critical?

Ignoring this, or at least not appreciating this emotion could be the greatest hindrance to attaining what you have claimed she should become.

-55hikky
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 03:29 pm
Well she seems quite miserable.

All this clinging and craving for another person is causing her pain.

She does not like where she is.

Time to get another life plan. The old story line is not working.
55hikky

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 08:17 pm
@PUNKEY,
any suggestions?

(What is she doing wrong, in your view, that she can fix? and what can one keep in mind to fix this, and what kind of practice and habit will supplement this?
Is she doing anything right?)
"All this clinging and craving for another person is causing her pain.".... so... ...???
"she does not like where she is".... ....and... ....????
"The old story line is not working." oh really.... then...?????

I can see how many people in this discussion tell her what she is doing, tell her what she is feeling, and tells her what to do.
Well, these are simply obvious and if simply identifying the problems solves the problem, she would not arrive here for a suggestion for solving it for the slogan here is, "Ask An Expert".
0 Replies

bluebreezz

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 11:53 pm
@regretfulgirl,
no..just means you really love him. th eis conection between u both.
0 Replies