Would you like fries with your groom? The rise of McWeddings: A good or bad start?

chai2

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 11:44 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

sorry, yeah a quarter of the value of the house, around $40,000 (porch included)

the newspaper announcement, was almost a page long column, it described in great detail the brides gown, the mother of the bride and mother of the groom dresses, the floral arrangements, just crazy over the top stuff

Jesus H. Christ.

You know, considering the #1 thing couples fight over is finances, this a great way to start off a life together.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 12:03 pm
If I was getting married again, I have Jimmy Johns deliver subs and Jimmy Chips to my house.
Then whoever wanted to could go to the movies with us.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 12:11 pm
@chai2,
I http://buasbharpersferry.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/reeses-heart1.jpg you Chai!
What kind of film would be appropriate for a after wedding event? Thriller? Rom-com? Science fiction? Anime?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 12:26 pm
@sozobe,
I was talking primarily about the crazy expensive settings people book for weddings, faux castles and all that craziness.

I'd rather attend a wedding that I knew someone could afford - at Mickey D's or wherever, than to attend another wedding where I know people have gone into serious debt to finance something no one will remember 5 days down the line.
djjd62

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 12:56 pm
when i lived in Toronto, a couple i knew had a very nice small wedding on a boat in the harbour, a friends father owned the boat and gave them a great deal, about 50 people, wedding, then a reception cruise around the islands, that evening they had a meal at a nice restaurant, you had to rsvp so the place knew what to expect, they gave them a deal on a meal (choice of chicken/fish/beef) and the couple supplied a bottle of wine per table (6 people), they covered the cost of the best man, brides maids (3) and their dates, and the couples parents, everyone else paid their own way

good way to spend a summer day
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 06:37 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

I was talking primarily about the crazy expensive settings people book for weddings, faux castles and all that craziness.

I'd rather attend a wedding that I knew someone could afford - at Mickey D's or wherever, than to attend another wedding where I know people have gone into serious debt to finance something no one will remember 5 days down the line.
You mean like on that show Platinum Weddings? I watched that show maybe three times and thought that's just crazy.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2010 08:46 am
So I asked my little one if she would want to get married at McDs. Of course all kids love that crap.

Her response "Why?"
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2010 11:14 am
@Linkat,
Ask her if she wants her wedding at something like Cheesecake Factory or Ben and Jerry's? Or perhaps a local pizza hangout? Higher class joints when viewed to McDonalds.
Linkat

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2010 11:31 am
@tsarstepan,
You don't know my daughter .... she (unfortunately) has expensive taste.

We once stayed at the Four Seasons (company trip) - she loved it and said this is a place princesses stay at. She especially loved when they opened the door for her coming and going. It got to the point where she would not open the door if no one was around - she would stand there and wait for some one to come running.
George

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2010 01:56 pm
@Linkat,
uh-oh
I foresee a very interesting thread somewhere down the road.
Linkat

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2010 02:04 pm
@George,
Oh - this little monkey has had a few written about her - thankfully she now moves her arms when running.
Chumly

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2010 12:26 pm
McDivorces...
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2010 12:34 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Oh - this little monkey has had a few written about her - thankfully she now moves her arms when running.

Yeah, I was wondering if this was the same kid.

So, now she can't use her arms to open a door?

The first thing you should do when her first date shows up at the door is to take him aside and say "Lemme tell ya some things about little missy here..."
Linkat

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2010 12:39 pm
@chai2,
Yes, but now she runs funny in a different way - she seems to move her whole body way too much claiming it helps her run faster.

Odd little monkey.
0 Replies