Work Pants

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2010 09:23 pm
What material is the "toughest" for work pants? What material are work pants usually made of?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,067 • Replies: 2
No top replies

roger

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2010 11:39 pm
@Woollcott,
Cotton is becoming very popular. It was discovered that polyesther was not only flamable, but melted and got messy when it stuck to the burned flesh. Some industries are going to fire retardant material, which is usually cotton treated with fire retardant. Where the danger is very high, they are using Nomax fabrics. Nomax is also quite tough, but very expensive for an individual to buy.

0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2010 01:08 am
@Woollcott,
Woollcott wrote:

What material is the "toughest" for work pants? What material are work pants usually made of?

The best are made of teflon coated reinforced banana peel so you can slide out of responsibility when it suits you, and out of work early... I wore out a lot of blue jean dungarees in my time, but they call them jeans around here and everyone has their fit, but mine were levi's 32 34s, but by the time I finished they were 34 34s, but that gave me extra at the bottom to pull to the front, fold over and tuck in my work boots... If you got to walk iron it is best to not have pantlegs flopping in the breeze or hanging up on ****... It killed a friend of mine... a nelson stud caught his pant leg and that was just enough to drop him on his head from six feet up... He broke his neck and died... Eleven feet is the 50% mark... A fall of more than that has a greater than 50% chance of resulting in death... 11 feet is plenty of room to get bottom over top, or crack ones skull..
0 Replies