So, um, could you apologize to my husband for something from 20 years ago? No reason.

Below viewing threshold (view)
eoe

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 08:52 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
If her testimony was truthful.

Beyond the question of her true fullness I do not think that any of us would be happy it someone we have a long standing friendly relationship with over many years would selected our very worst moments to revealed to the world.

She didn't reveal it to the world. When questioned about his character by the confirmation committee, she elected to tell the truth about his character. Someone within that committee leaked it to the world.
JTT

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 11:00 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
What she did at the very best is a betrayed of trust to both a long term friend and mentor.

If what was alleged is true, calling him a long term friend and mentor is really a stretch, Bill. If, I said.
eoe

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 11:06 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
She didn't reveal it to the world. When questioned about his character by the confirmation committee, she elected to tell the truth about his character. Someone within that committee leaked it to the world.

BULLSHIT his character was not a problem to her when she was benefiting from her relationship with him.

You ever have an asshole for a boss? You work with him, for him, because it looks great on your resume but in all honesty, does he have what it takes to be a 'fair and just' Supreme Court judge?
JTT

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 11:36 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
You see not moral problem with so doing?

Bill, we've seen from your responses RE: American atrocities committed around the globe that you have no sense of morality at all, so for you to attempt any such a discussion is ridiculous in the extreme.
engineer

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 11:50 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
If what was alleged is true, calling him a long term friend and mentor is really a stretch, Bill. If, I said.

Why? She follow him from one job to another and to be able to do that she must had have given him the impression that she did not view him in the light she painted him in those hearings!

So she was lying about him in those hearings or she was lying to him concerning her view of him for years.

One way or another she is a liar.

Nah. Thomas did not ask Hill what she thought of him personally and she didn't tell him. That's the way many employee-boss relationships are. He moved to a better job and offered her a better job and she weighed the pros and cons and took the job. I've had bosses I wouldn't want to have dinner with because of personal differences, but that didn't mean I couldn't be professional in the office, nor would that mean that I would turn down a good job offer.

Still, there are two scenarios here. Either Hill proved her worth in job one and that is why Thomas wanted her in job two in which case Hill is a valued employee whose opinion has merit or Thomas carried her along for less than honorable reasons and then her allegations have merit even is she is a less than stellar spokesperson.
eoe

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 11:59 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
You ever have an asshole for a boss? You work with him, for him, because it looks great on your resume but in all honesty, does he have what it takes to be a 'fair and just' Supreme Court judge?

So you pretend to have a high regard for this asshole boss not only at the first job but you then talk him into taking you along with him as he move up in the world dragging you along in his wake?

I would have zero problem with her throwing him under the bus if she had no have such a relationship with him that he took her and she went from one position to another.

You see not moral problem with so doing?

None whatsoever. As engineer said, I've had bosses who I wouldn't speak to if passing them on the street but that wouldn't stop me in a professional capacity. What you're not factoring in is, Clarence Thomas was not in line for a promotion at the local WalMart. He was being considered for the position of Supreme Court judge. If you knew this guy was a pig, would you feel comfortable 'talking him up' to the committee?

And who said she pretended to have such high regard for him?
eoe

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 12:01 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Second I would not had follow a boss from job to job if I had a low opinion of him and did not enjoy working with him and you might but I do not think it would be all that common.

What world are you living in? This is so very common. People claw each others eyes out to work with Martha Stewart and she's known far and wide to be a tyrant. But because of who she is and the power she wields, she's never at a loss for employees.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 12:15 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
her own morals is still in question.

What might be your definition of "morals", Bill? I've never seen you exhibit any, in any posting.
engineer

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 12:31 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

The very fact that Thomas feel free to let his hair down with her to the point that he gave her a knife to used on his back would go counter to that.

Asshole bosses think they are great and that there is nothing wrong with their conduct. Consider yourself lucky if you have not experienced this.

BillRM wrote:
Second I would not had follow a boss from job to job if I had a low opinion of him and did not enjoy working with him and you might but I do not think it would be all that common.

I know this is common and can point to four of five examples right off the top of my head of abusive bosses who wield significant power and control promotions to the extent that if you don't put up with their behavior, your career stops moving. You think you would not follow such a boss, but when your entire career is at stake and the options are to stall in your current position or take a great step with a jerk boss for a couple of years, you might reconsider.
Linkat

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 12:49 pm
@engineer,
There was one job at work at where a woman at a very visable and high level threw her phone at her assistant. And she liked her assistant.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 01:22 pm
Consider Bob Cratchit. Very Happy
Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 01:22 pm
@eoe,
A fine excuse to pick a man's pocket every 25th of December . . .
0 Replies