Who decides this election—you or Al Gore?

Fedral

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 11:52 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 892 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Letty

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 01:22 pm
Fedral, I read every word of this post, and I rarely get into politics nor do I like to read lengthy stuff. Some time back, a woman was interviewed about what exactly influenced her decision at the poll. She said that she pictured how the candidate would look framed and hanging in the hall of presidents. Most of the candidates for whom she voted....

WON

And this is my way of bookmarking. Smile
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 01:22 pm
Gore made an endorsement, fedral. Happens all the time during campaigns. No need to get in a lather about it...
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 01:29 am
This isn't a fairytale Fedral. It's politics.

This is nothing more than a power struggle between the Clintons and Gore.

Clinton pitted himself behind Clark when he was convinced Clark will win. Gore is doing the same.

I doubt either of them believe that Bush is even beatable. I vehemently disagree but most Americans don't seem to share this view quite yet.

But whoever it is that pulls out ahead, Clark or Dean for the nomination, will decide who'll be the unofficial leader of the Democratic party for the next four years, Gore or Clinton. And that'll play right into who will run in 2008, Al or Hillary.

As many of you may have just now realized, I'm not just cynical of Bush. I'm cynical of politicians in general. The only one I remotely trust is McCain.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 01:33 am
Of course Gore doesn't think Bush is beatable. If Gore thought he could win, he'd be running. No, what he's doing is setting himself up to run in '08 after he doesn't have to worry about Bush.

Not really as fond of Bush as I was six month ago. I'm not sure what soured me to him. More like I woke up one morning and it was all 'bleh'. .. So I'm not sure how I'm voting yet. It really depends who the Dems put up, and while there are somethings I agree with about Dean, I'm not convinced he's any better the Dubya.
0 Replies

gozmo

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 07:18 am
A lot of people think Gore lost because Bush rigged Florida. Not true. Bush won because he is more closely related to the British Royal Family. The Dems need only pick a candidate related more closely to Liz than George. This strategy has a perfect record.

This response is my way of saying that again Fedral is talking baloney.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 07:26 am
Gore is entitled to back whom he pleases, for whatever reasons he has. If powerful Democrats choose to line up in single file behind him, well...................
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 08:06 am
gozmo wrote:
A lot of people think Gore lost because Bush rigged Florida. Not true. Bush won because he is more closely related to the British Royal Family. The Dems need only pick a candidate related more closely to Liz than George. This strategy has a perfect record.

Laughing
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 08:18 am
I'm going to vote for Clark, because Madonna endorsed him. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 08:25 am
D'artagnan wrote:
Gore made an endorsement, fedral. Happens all the time during campaigns. No need to get in a lather about it...

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Couldn't say it any better, so I won't even bother to try.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 09:54 am
I thought it was a hell of a slap in the face to the man he chose as his running mate in the 2000 election.

If I were Lieberman I would have been pissed that Gore didn't talk to me about it before he did it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 10:21 am
Fedral wrote:
I thought it was a hell of a slap in the face to the man he chose as his running mate in the 2000 election.

If I were Lieberman I would have been pissed that Gore didn't talk to me about it before he did it.

I get your point, but **** happens!

If this is the worst personal insult Lieberman has ever received at the hands of a "political friend or crony" -- he is a very, very lucky man indeed.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 10:23 am
That's okay, Letty. I just don't want one who's picture looks like a natural to be hanging in the post office. Any suggestions?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 10:23 am
By the way -- the bottom-line message that Gore was sending...

...stop wasting ammunition on intended friendly fire and save as much as possible for the enemy...

...is one that makes lots of sense to me.

I think he borrowed it from Ronald Reagan...and his "eleventh commandment."
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 11:39 am
He he, Roger, Frank would look good framed. Are you wearing your wire?

Actually, I'm in a "throw the bums out" mood. I'll keep reading and watching, and then vote democratic. Smile
0 Replies