H2O MAN

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 10:56 am
Do you want to see Obama attempt to get re-elected in 2012?

Why?

Why not?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,288 • Replies: 17

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 11:04 am
@H2O MAN,
Yes, because I don't think he will win unless he can drastically change the minds of an electorate that seems to be a bit disillusioned with his hope and change.

Of course, that does not mean the republican candidate would be any better and I guess the repubs could put up someone who would make Obama look good, but I'd be willing to take that chance and see Obama run.

Unless public opinion sways the other direction in the next year, I think even some dems will urge him (privately) not to run.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 11:10 am
@CoastalRat,
I'm surprised to hear you say that - his personal approval numbers are still pretty good, and he's a great campaigner. Why wouldn't he run, exactly?

I think he's also buoyed by the fact that the Republicans have nobody in place who can defeat him. If there was an obvious candidate on the other side who was a threat, there would be a greater likelihood that he would lose; as things stand, he'll crush any of the so-called 'frontrunners' in the Republican party.

Cycloptichorn
CoastalRat

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 11:34 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I didn't say he would not run Cy. Dang man, you gotta concentrate when you read stuff. The question was do you want him to run. I even said yes and gave my reason.

I did add that I think some dems may well urge him not to if opinion does not swing up for him. But I expect him to run.

And I agree that right now there really is no clear electable alternative the repubs have to put up.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 11:39 am
@CoastalRat,
CoastalRat wrote:

I didn't say he would not run Cy. Dang man, you gotta concentrate when you read stuff. The question was do you want him to run. I even said yes and gave my reason.

I did add that I think some dems may well urge him not to if opinion does not swing up for him. But I expect him to run.

And I agree that right now there really is no clear electable alternative the repubs have to put up.

Given the last, I can't see why any Dems would ask him not to run. When you have a guy who is a proven winner and a great campaigner, whose personal approval numbers are somewhere around 50% (which ain't bad in this polarized and negative environment), there's zero reason that the Dem party wouldn't want him to run.

Cycloptichorn
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 06:28 pm
@CoastalRat,
I appreciate your honesty.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 06:31 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
...there's zero reason that the Dem party wouldn't want him to run.

Cycloptichorn

There's a few digits ahead of your zero and the list is growing.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 06:38 pm
@CoastalRat,
Actually the question was, "Do you want to see Obama attempt to get re-elected in 2012?". And I don't think there is much of a choice. I will see Obama attempt re-election whether I want to or not.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 07:03 am
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:

Actually the question was, "Do you want to see Obama attempt to get re-elected in 2012?".
And I don't think there is much of a choice. I will see Obama attempt re-election whether I want to or not.

True, but if he continues ruling the way he has so far he may be pressured
by what's left of his party to step aside and campaign for a better Democrat .
rabel22

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 03:25 pm
@H2O MAN,
You dont understand government in the U.S. at all! Obama dosent rule, congress does. they make the rules and the president has to follow them. If you dont like the way things are going change your congress persons.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 03:49 pm
@rabel22,
You don't understand Obama at all.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 03:54 pm
Only the idiot fringe of the Democrat party would continue to support this huge mistake known as Obama.
farmerman

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 06:06 am
@H2O MAN,
Who is out there that can beat him?? WHO?
Setanta

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 06:33 am
I don't know why you guys bother with this putz--he just comes here in the hope of starting a squabble to justify calling you and Obama names. And his hatefulness is typical of conservatives, too. That "Obama's plantation" **** is all about this racist pig's struggle to keep his racial haterd out of sight--and he usually fails.

Don't feed the troll, folks.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 06:48 am
Obama the Putz - That's a good one.

And yes, PrezBO has failed to eliminate racism under his rule.
He and his party are guilty of playing the race card more than any others.

PrezBO is the troll - don't feed the troll.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 06:52 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Are you saying PrezBO is the best the Democrat party can come up with?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 10:42 am
@CoastalRat,
We've seen that a note from Osama is way more than enough to put even a confirmed idiot in solid with enough whiny little voters to get reelected.

Could work for Obama too.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 06:23 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

He is beating himself. That's WHO!
0 Replies