Absolute truth?

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 08:23 pm
@Arjuna,
1 - ...the thing is Arjuna I am not even a materialist or an empiricist...I just take the best of both worlds and try to bring together the best of all systems I went through...I believe is possible !

2 - If I am to be connoted with a "God" that God is Einstein´s and Spinosa´s God...
...its not even mind, but à priori Nature, thus code as reason...the rules as substance of Being literally...that which coordinates function endlessly re-coding meaning over and over again...
...not the thinker but the thinking as the centre !
(One cannot get more abstract than that)
(beyond that and without a final reference as Truth, even if in infinite perpetual inner intrinsic motion, one can only expect to abandon reason altogether...)

3 - I guess what I am trying to convey is an intuitive à priori Need for Truth...although perfectly admitting one cannot compute it, one still feels the Need for its presence literally...that which even brings me to question it...

4 - I am not looking for Entity´s...not Gods, no Subjects...I am sort of mixing Hegel, Spinoza, Leibniz with modern Theory´s about "reality" and bringing the LAW alone for the centre of the stage !...

5 - Given I cannot know with certainty not even that, I recur to PATTERN to do the trick...I don´t need the full computing to get to the "picture" of that which is...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 08:39 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Pattern is good enough, and the best we can hope for, when it comes to knowledge !
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 08:47 pm
@fresco,
...You are to make a distinction between transcendent and transcendental...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 09:14 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
As a resume:

From Spinoza:

Pantheism
Hard-Determinism
Truth as background

From Leibniz:

The monads or Pattern as means of getting to Truth

From Hegel and Einstein:

The dynamics of relation, the Relativity as means of re-coding meaning not just between observers but between "things"...between patterns...

Finally:

From Informatics, Computation and Programming Sciences the idea of Language and Code as Universal and intrinsic to Nature as à priori substance...not created by anyone but creating everything...bringing about phenomenology !
"Spiritus" as "Anima" !
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 09:57 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 10:15 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
0 Replies

NoOne phil

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2010 10:18 am
@Hermod,
Two Element Metaphysics, there are only two elements, i.e. all logic is binary.
Absolute Truth is a tautology.
Relative Truth is an oxymoron.

Two-Element Metaphysics is derived from the biology of a living organism, the definition of a thing, etc. Some early Greeks were developing it, a shadow of it became Set Theory,
0 Replies

north

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2010 06:31 pm

that without the absolute existence of things , thought is impossible
NoOne phil

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2010 06:41 pm
@north,
If you claim absolute existence, you must also claim relative existence. So what is the name of the set that includes them both? How do distinquish the one from the other?
Or in fact, does existence take an adjective at all?
north

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2010 07:06 pm
@NoOne phil,
NoOne phil wrote:

If you claim absolute existence, you must also claim relative existence. So what is the name of the set that includes them both? How do distinquish the one from the other?

moments

Quote:
Or in fact, does existence take an adjective at all?

does it matter to existence ?

NO
0 Replies

north

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2010 07:16 pm
@NoOne phil,
NoOne phil wrote:

If you claim absolute existence, you must also claim relative existence.

look relative existence is about " perspective of the observer " but to the object itself , any observer is irrelevent to its behaviour
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 08:00 am
3 x <=> P(x)
0 Replies

NoOne phil

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 10:12 am
@north,
If you desire understanding, you have to start at the start. The foundation of language itself. Spend a lot of time with the dialogs of Plato. You will not find what he was trying to teach in another place. You can also start with Euclid's Elements. It should teach you about names, how they can and cannot be manipulated.

Free source material I have provided on the internet archive. search johnclark8659 audio books and ebooks.
north

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 06:43 pm
@NoOne phil,
NoOne phil wrote:

If you desire understanding, you have to start at the start. The foundation of language itself. Spend a lot of time with the dialogs of Plato. You will not find what he was trying to teach in another place. You can also start with Euclid's Elements. It should teach you about names, how they can and cannot be manipulated.

Free source material I have provided on the internet archive. search johnclark8659 audio books and ebooks.

oh-please

absolute truth is beyond Plato and Euclid

life , Plato needs the enviroment in which life can exist , our planet

as opposed to the moon , <life

mathematics needs the manifestion of energy and matter to even contemplate , mathematically

the absolute truth of energy and matter , is the absolute truth
0 Replies

Dobbin Burkhart

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 11:55 am
@Hermod,
The same question occupied my thoughts also for a long time. Since I have now found truth, I suppose that kicks me out of the truth seekers club. But I was faithful to rationality and logic every step of the way.

See my chronicle at www.absolute-truth.org and see that my criteria for certainty was rigorously logical, yet I wound up embracing what some would consider the least logical of belief systems, Evangelical Christianity.

Regards,
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 12:03 pm
@Dobbin Burkhart,
Yes I do understand your point indeed!
I was minding my own business this morning playing the piano and my pastor stood up and started preaching on this matter!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emw7xAuIVG4&feature=related
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 05:01 pm
@north,
Well put, North.
I tend to take "absolute truth" to refer to a general (nay: universally applicable) proposition about the essential nature of relations between real things regardless of context. Of course this leads me to a rejection of absolute truth. And it surely does not refer to simple facts, like It did not rain yesterday in my backyard. That's a confusion between absolute and definite "truth."
There are only interpretations of specific events or general types of events.
Cyracuz

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 05:18 pm
@JLNobody,
Maybe you experience "absolute truth" during meditation. What I mean to say is that on the conceptual level on which we can exist as absolute unity with all things, there is nothing to contrast ourselves with. Creating a contrast would cause the mind to begin focusing again, and absolute truth is lost as if it was a hallucination you just had.
In other words, perhaps we can think of "absolute truth" as an experience one can have by putting our consciousness in a state that trancends every distinction and category, no thoughts, no mind, just universal presence.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 06:10 pm
@Cyracuz,
Presence through awareness is made of contrasts...the relatiomal remember?
Cyracuz

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 06:15 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Yes. But it is possible to experience without those contrasts. It's called enlightenment, and most people experience brief moments of this every now and then.
0 Replies