friends

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 12:13 pm
I read somewhere, (not unlike unlike,foxfyre" that few, in any, people,have more than five an "five friends' I believe that. especially on auk.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 1,435 • Replies: 7
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 12:34 pm
A friend of a friend of a friend of mine said, "Wanting someone for a friend don't make it so. Real friends are bonded before they can think about trying."
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 12:34 pm
I think that if you have 5 true friends thoughout your entire life that you're very, very lucky.
djjd62

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 04:17 pm
for a while i got on a real kick of watching the Judge shows

often a conversation like this would come up

judge: how long did you two know each other

plaintif or defendant: we worked together/or knew each other about six months, she was my best friend

really, after six months

i'm terrible with friends, i'm definitely more 0f an acquaintance person, i have two really good friends and i see them maybe once every five years, but we can pretty pick up from where we left off the last time we spoke
Reyn

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 08:23 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

... i'm terrible with friends, i'm definitely more 0f an acquaintance person ...

I can relate to that. Personally, I have no one in person that I can call a friend. Although, there are some here that I think them as so. Perhaps it's in my own mind.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 10:43 am
@boomerang,
Throughout my life I've had many real friends. One of the difficult problems of living to an old age is that almost all of my close friends have died. So many funerals. To add to that sense of loss is that I moved from California in 2002 where I had lived all of my life. I still keep in touch with my close friends by e-mail and phone. It's better than nothing but not as good as living close to each other. I have developed a few new friends in Albuquerque, but not as closely and long as my California friends.

BBB
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 10:50 am
I have a few very close friends. My husband, whom I thought was one, is not. Some of my closest friends drifted away over the years.
Such is life.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 05:42 pm
Wow, some bittersweet replies here.

But let's face it, friendship has a pretty thick vein of melancholia running through it because friendships, inevitably, end.

As much as I value friendship, family is more valuable.
0 Replies