Why are people thinking Obama can magically create jobs out of this air.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 04:13 pm
@Fido,
Is it possible for you to write complete sentences, without an ellipsis at the end of every sentence? It is frustrating and nearly impossible to comprehend what you are trying to say, because of your lazy grammar and punctuation.

Cycloptichorn
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 04:37 pm
@bigbusinesshawk,
Quote:
.It will take time to turn things around people
Have you come across a plan to turn things around....because have not heard of one. All I know about is the spending of a couple of trillion dollars we don't have (our kids get to pay) to get by for now....this is not a plan, this is the failure to have a plan.
talk72000

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 04:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
Wall Street created this mess with the money they didn't have.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 04:46 pm
@talk72000,
Quote:
we the people allowed it, through a government that actively participated in the scheme.
dyslexia

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 04:46 pm
@talk72000,
talk72000 wrote:

**** that, what the hell does "Wall Street" mean? It's a very trite and meaningless label used by people who don't know what the **** they're talking about. try speaking to reality and put the blame where it belongs "Congress."
JPB

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 05:00 pm
@dyslexia,
Act-u-al-ly, I'd put the blame on those who voted in the same schmucks over and over again without thinking of the consequences of doing so. I don't know that it's "Congress" so much as it's "career politicians".
Fido

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 05:02 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

fido, you're an idiot.

So rare a complement from you... Thank you... I trust I am not an idiot in the classic sense... You do suggest a contemporary meaning, n'est pas???
Fido

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 05:05 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Is it possible for you to write complete sentences, without an ellipsis at the end of every sentence? It is frustrating and nearly impossible to comprehend what you are trying to say, because of your lazy grammar and punctuation.

Cycloptichorn
Listen Mr. One eyed Rat... All you need to understand me is the desire, and no amount of perfection of writing will provide that on your end...
dyslexia

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 05:11 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Act-u-al-ly, I'd put the blame on those who voted in the same schmucks over and over again without thinking of the consequences of doing so. I don't know that it's "Congress" so much as it's "career politicians".
ok, so lets just say "those you are bought and sold" but then we would just be politely saying "Congress" wouldn't we? We the people are perfectly willing to think Democrats equal the working class and Republicans equal small business no matter the fact that both are bought and sold on the same auction block.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 05:19 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
.It will take time to turn things around people
Have you come across a plan to turn things around....because have not heard of one. All I know about is the spending of a couple of trillion dollars we don't have (our kids get to pay) to get by for now....this is not a plan, this is the failure to have a plan.

What exactly do we have to lose... Either the thing, our government will go broke trying to support capitalism now, or it will go broke trying to collect from under employed and under paid people in the future... Have you got something against putting today's problems off for tomorrow, or are you ready to grab the bull by the balls and go for a ride??? The thing does not work, and one of these days capitalism is going to run out of tomorrows, and that time is drawing near whether you are ready or not... So, don't worry about the kids... You better worry about yourself and your near future because you can't count on nothing because those bastards will stop and nothing, will take everything they can while legal, and take everything, legal or not if you try to stop them... It does not matter to the rich that they are destroying the very society that protects their wealth... Their attitude is shown by the fact that there are more private police in this country than public police even though a big share of public police protection already goes to the rich... They think they will be able to buy their own police, and their own armies without realizing that if the money is ****, everything they own will be up for grabs... They are choking now on all the wealth they took out of society, and yet we hand them more because we cannot imagine living without them... No one needs them...Look in your paper...There are no want ads for capitalists... Not even the capitalists want more of them... You tell me; where is support of capitalism listed as a goal of our constitution in the preamble??? You tell me, when did it become the job of the people to support the economy??? Isn't the economy supposed to support the population??? Things have gotten turned around in this country so that this generation that is supposed to consider and provide for the next, and leave them in better shape than life found us is instead handing all our troubles off to people we have never even met, and with the expectation that they will continue our support into geriatric delinquency... Why should they??? Why shouldn't they kill us in our sleep for not having the nerve to destroy those who are destroying this land???
Fido

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 05:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
we the people allowed it, through a government that actively participated in the scheme.

Bullshit... As long as we accept the form; the cherished constitution, and the parties no one seems to be able to escape, even menatally, we do not have any personal power or civic power to do anything... There is such a thing as having too much faith and too little sense, but I have worked most of my life to change things, and I am not taking a bit of blame for this mess... I could see through it, but I do not fault the blind who are deliberately confused and kept blind; who are led to believe we have a nation, and we have protection of rights and rights to be protected, and that the constitution actually serves the cause of nation... It does not... Some people, feeling superior, thinking themselves above morality, have turned on this people to suck the life out of us... They have demeaned the constitution one little step at a time until it is worthless to us... Still we cling to it because as all people in all times we are terrified of change... We must change
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 05:40 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
Bullshit... As long as we accept the form; the cherished constitution, and the parties no one seems to be able to escape, even mentally, we do not have any personal power or civic power to do anything
there were laws passed, and before that arguments made, debates held....sure a lot of lies were told and the laws were mostly written by the corporate class and sure this same corporate class corrupted the political system with their money and personal connection buying.....BUt we the people always had the ability to learn the truth for ourselves, and to object. We did not do it. Had we objected and lost the battle to the corporate class that would be one thing, but we bought the lies because we wanted to believe the lies. we wanted to believe that if we hooked America's wagon to the corporate class plan we would create wealth without doing any work. we were being promised a miracle and we wanted to believe in it, because the alternative would have been some combination of lowering our consumption levels and doing more work.

we went with the get rich quick scheme, and we got fucked. This is the normal result, so why all this whining about how things turned out? I am willing to blame the guys who were peddling the scheme for their moral failure, but we are to blame for following them.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 05:43 pm
@Fido,
I just wonder if there's a revolution in our future? When most of the wealth continues to be accumulated by the few, the majority of people are going to get sick and tired of the greed of those who continue to take the wealth while sharing bits and pieces with the throng.

These are the products that produces revolutions; it's only a matter of time -
Most are unhappy with our governments, and the loss of security (jobs and homes) will only anger more people for a longer period of time. Something is going to burst.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 05:56 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn
Listen Mr. One eyed Rat... All you need to understand me is the desire, and no amount of perfection of writing will provide that on your end...

Bull ****. Laziness. You know how to do it right, you just can't be bothered, for some reason. Why? You actually waste more time doing it wrong than you would spend doing it the right way, and what you write would be much more legible and accessible.

You are very critical in your posts of the government, of various entities of modern society, of lots of things - but if you can't be bothered to send your message in a legible fashion, why should anyone give a **** what you have to say?

Cycloptichorn
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 06:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Something is going to burst.
in a sense they already have.....the great recession was caused by the financial system blowing up, as no one was willing to trust that the other guy had both the ability and the willingness to honor a deal, so the system froze up. If it is found that the secularization of mortgages was not done legally because the paperwork was never legal, and all of those deals are not transparent because the legal system is going to have to unwind them which will take years, then we will be in another round of nobody being able to trust the other guy because nobody will know how the balance sheets are going to turn out. As it is because the banks failed to do their jobs correctly a lot of property is in limbo, property that needs to get foreclosed and sold so that we can finally turn the corner on the real estate deflation.

Obama's number one job was to get a new financial system in place, something that people could believe in. He did not hardly even try.

Obama's second job was to protect the well being of Americans during this transition by supplying stop gap jobs to the most in danger families. He spent a lot of money on programs that he claimed were about this job, but in reality he barely tried.

And today Obama runs around proclaiming that he has a communication problem with the american people. Bull ****....he has a priorities problem, a values problem, a competence problem.
JPB

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 06:13 pm
@Fido,
Fido... who are "the rich"?
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 06:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
no one was willing to trust that the other guy had both the ability and the willingness to honor a deal, so the system froze up. If it is found that the secularization of mortgages was not done legally because the paperwork was never legal, and all of those deals are not transparent because the legal system is going to have to unwind them which will take years, then we will be in another round of nobody being able to trust the other guy because nobody will know how the balance sheets are going to turn out. As it is because the banks failed to do their jobs correctly a lot of property is in limbo, property that needs to get foreclosed and sold so that we can finally turn the corner on the real estate deflation.

It was GWB's deregulation at work.

Quote:
Obama's number one job was to get a new financial system in place, something that people could believe in. He did not hardly even try.

The Republicans blocked every effort in Congress.

Are you an Iowan as Hawkeye is their symbol?
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 06:33 pm
@talk72000,
Quote:
Are you an Iowan as Hawkeye is their symbol?
No, from Rockford Il. In front of my house ran the IC railroad on which the train the Hawkeye ran from Chicago to Sioux City.

Also, I was a member of Eagle Valley Environmentalists, where we preserved some prime bald eagle nesting grounds near Cassville Wi. I have spent a lot of time out with the eagles and hawks.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 07:50 pm
@Fido,
If the government were to stop this stuff, then the right would be whooping and hollering even more than they do now. That the government does not stop this crap from being produced might be a sign that it is a wholly owned subsidiary of Big Pharma.
plainoldme

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 07:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
Would you rather our kids pay for ill health? You aren't being logical: there are some things that must be paid for and we will pay for them, no matter what form the payment takes.
0 Replies