To Those Who Ignore Folks, A Question (Not About Your Motives)

djjd62

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 12:19 pm
do their threads still appear on your menu or are the collapsed like the posts inside

had a little tete a tete with mr. e mail, and when i put him on ignore for a second, i could till see his thread and first post, but all other posts by him were collapsed, is that normal

View best answer, chosen by djjd62
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 12:23 pm
When your friends post in an ignored topic (an ignored user's topic too) that response appears in "My Friends"
djjd62

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 12:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
ah, i see
0 Replies

Green Witch
  Selected Answer

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 12:25 pm
I don't see my ignores at all unless I hit the "view ignored poster" button. I think if you have responded to them dirctly on a thread it will show you their post and your response. I do not see any threads they have started and I don't even know how many of my ignores are still here (although I believe Ramafuchs and Cjhsa are long gone).
djjd62

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 12:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
a tough call, Green Witch actually answered the question, but you were the person the question was kind of about, so she gets the official ribbon, but you get

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/KatherineT/eHarl%20Stuff/Blog%20Forum%20Pics/best20smiley.gif
electronicmail

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 01:19 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

I don't see my ignores at all unless I hit the "view ignored poster" button. I think if you have responded to them dirctly on a thread it will show you their post and your response. I do not see any threads they have started

That's exactly what I found when I tested it.
electronicmail

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 01:21 pm
@djjd62,
So in the friends list there's no mention of the thread the friends responded to?
djjd62

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 01:22 pm
@electronicmail,
it has however been explained that if you use the "my friends" tab, you will see threads of ignored users if your friends have posted there
djjd62

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 01:24 pm
@electronicmail,
if i check my friends list this is what i see

parados - Many now avoiding GM due to bailout

REPLY Sun 3 Oct, 2010 02:17 pm
@gungasnake,
Meanwhile in reality...

Quote:
Sales of its four remaining core brands - Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC - climbed 22.1 per cent in September.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/business/news/article_1588511.php/Ford-car-sales-surge-in-September-GM-and-Toyota-also-climb-Roundup

so yes it gives the thread title
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 01:25 pm
@djjd62,
I got that but read the new question, I don't want to repeat it. So Blythe knew full well he's posting on my thread and reading my article. I'm glad he liked it, comedy never hurt anybody, but ignore it ain't.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 01:30 pm
@Green Witch,
I had never responded to the thread that sparked all this. I had seen on MY Friends where my friends responded to it, but when I saw who started it, did not respond. Later, I discovered the article online and could not resist commenting on it. Afterward I thumbed the thread down. Nevertheless, responses from my friends keep showing up. It happens every day with user ignored threads.
electronicmail

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 01:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hold the blabbing, you already explained yourself in your signature:
Quote:
Bashed open their skulls
And ate up their brains and imaginations?

Tough luck, but I didn't do that one.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 02:14 pm
I can see 'ignored poster' or something like that on my posts and posts that I've responded to. That's all. That's nice. Very Happy
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 03:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I had never responded to the thread that sparked all this. ....when I saw who started it, did not respond. Later, I discovered the article online and could not resist commenting on it. Afterward I thumbed the thread down.

So you read articles others post, you like them, then you thumb down the thread so nobody can read it after you. All this because a sphinx ate your brain? That's not an excuse you can use twice, you know Drunk Mr. Green Laughing
roger

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 03:10 pm
@electronicmail,
One, he did not say he liked them.

Two, he or I thumbing a thread down does not interfere with anyone else's ability to see and read a thread or post.

Three, you do seem to stay in your own little world, don't you?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 03:13 pm
@electronicmail,
No - people can read it.

People have a choice in their preferences to collapse unpopular topics, and/or collapse unpopular posts, or not do either of those. I suspect most of us regular posters don't want other people's thumbs down to affect what we see.

You find your preferences by clicking on 'my preferences' at the bottom of the page in the dark blue area.

Collapse Unpopular Topics:

Collapse Unpopular Posts:
electronicmail

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 03:16 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

One, he did not say he liked them.

He said he "loved" the article I posted. Not "liked". I stand corrected. Blythe said exactly this and I'm quoting him verbatim
Quote:
I just finished reading the Village Voice article and loved it.

I'll get you a link since you're too lazy to look it up.
This is the link
http://able2know.org/topic/162172-2#post-4370687
electronicmail

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 03:36 pm
@ossobuco,
Thanks.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 03:44 pm
@electronicmail,
Is there some reason you are repeatedly nasty on posts? This is fairly off-putting. Maybe that is what you are used to from other forums.

We generally beg to differ on viewpoints here, but tend to mutually like threads where people can argue well, including vehemently, without personal insults (aka, ad hominems). That's a plus for all of us. As an example, a thread we can all gnaw on, in our separate ways -

http://able2know.org/topic/161697-1
Lots of vehemence/pretty sane thread by some sharp people on differing sides.

You happen to be insulting a longtime thoughtful poster, that, yes, some disagree with. He would be the last person on earth I'd think of as a liar.
Not to be a princess - most of us get angry and/or emotional at some point, including me, including recently. But personal insults are not great as a way of communicating here.

dyslexia

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 03:48 pm
@ossobuco,
I suspect you are gilding the lily a bit.