Can treatment be on-again, off-again, on-again?

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 09:49 pm
I have travel days longer than 8-10 hours, so going to the trouble of keeping the forteo cold for long travel days is a challenge. I've heard that you can stop the daily injected dose for a period of time, then go back on, and at the end of the two years your results should be just as good. I'd appreciate any information on studies about this -- thanks! -Maggie
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,292 • Replies: 3
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 09:54 pm
@Maggie KL,
If you read the package information on Forteo very carefully you'll learn that
it should be taken daily around the same time. So it doesn't matter if you
give yourself an injection in the morning or the evening, just make sure it is
consistently done and around the same time each day.
Maggie KL

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 01:02 pm
@CalamityJane,
I guess my question was not clearly stated. I am wondering about stopping my doses for 1-2 weeks at a time while I'm traveling. I've heard that there are studies where people have stopped for three months at a time (for financial reasons), then gone back on, and their results are just as good after two years on Forteo. That's what I meant by "on-again-off-again." Do you know of such studies, and/or can refer me to one?
0 Replies

pennypenz

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 11:36 am
@Maggie KL,
I have the same question about it too. Have found nothing and am aftraid to tell my dr. that I stopped for my surgery and now feeling better and want to go back on it... I stopped taking alot of meds per my drs advice but took myself off of the forteo worried about heeling,
0 Replies