could i be pregnant?

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 09:32 pm
Hi, thank you soo much for taking your time to answer this question.

I am probably just paranoid, but an expertize advise would be of help.

I am a 33 years old female in no condition for a pregnancy right now.

On august the 7th, i had some PROTECTED casual sex (male condom) (i am not sexually active). On the 28th of august (exactly when i was expecting it) i had what i think was my period, it lasted 3 days as usual, no brownish or pinkinsh and enough to fill up 7 pads on those 3 days..the only difference was an abscense of blood clogs.

Since then thou, i have been feeling very bloated and with discomfort in my upper abdomen. I even gained 3 lbs. I have purchased 3 types of home pregnancy tests totally 6 tests which all came out negative, but this month of september i missed my period (i was expecting it on the 28th its now the 3rd of october) I took my last pregnancy test that same day (10/28/20120 in other words 7 weeks after sex and came out negative)

I know i have polycistic ovaries, so is there any posibility im one of those women whose condom fails, gets implantation bleeding which she confusses with a period and her hormone levels are not high enough to be detected by 6 home pregnancy tests?

Is there anyway i should be concerned about an unexpected pregnancy? my only symptom thou is the bloating and the weight gain..other than that my boobs dont hurt, im not sick..im just freaking out...wish i had never heard stories like "i didnt know i was pregnant until delivery date"..this is killing me!

thank you sooo much for taking the time with this question...i really truly appreciate it

sincerely
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,127 • Replies: 4
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 09:49 pm
Over the counter pregnancy tests may not be as reliable as a urine test done
in your ob/gyn office or at Planned Parenthood. It would be a good idea to
make an appointment at either your gyn or PP to make sure that you're a) not
pregnant and b) have no underlying gynecological problem .
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 09:52 pm
sounds like stress to me. You've taken 6 pregnancy tests? Calm down. You had protected sex two months ago. You're not pregnant. Fear of being pregnant can cause all sorts of symptoms.

Instead of spending all that money for OTC urine tests, make an appt with your doctor and get a blood test if you want a definitive answer, but the chances of you being pregnant are very remote.
0 Replies

MonaLeeza

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 10:49 pm
@having doubts,
I agree with JPB. I wonder if the person you had sex with was someone that you believe you really shouldn't have had sex with and the guilt and fear of being found out it is increasing your paranoia about being pregnant? I doubt that you could be pregnant but I fully understand the fear of an unwanted pregnancy so I sympathise with you. It's unlikely that all the OTC tests were inaccurate but if it's causing you this much stress you should go and see your doctor.
0 Replies

Nixx

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 04:10 am
It can be a reaction to switch from meds. some woman have their "period" every month and have no clue their pregnant.
0 Replies