Improve or edit it please

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 08:04 pm

It is worth to emphasize that the site-control is vital for the epidemic control, which includes the block of epidemic area(point) of infectious disease, area isolation and carring out feasible control measures.

(I feel using two "controls" in a row sounds awkward. But how to improve?)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 640 • Replies: 4
No top replies

oristarA

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 08:25 pm
My first edited version:

It is worth to emphasize that the site-control is vital for the epidemic control, which includes the blockage and isolation of epidemic area(point) of infectious disease, in the same time carring out feasible control measures.

(Still sounds awkward: caused by two control usage)
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 01:55 am
Has it noticed by no one?
0 Replies

MonaLeeza

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 05:59 am
@oristarA,
It is worth emphasising that site control is vital for epidemic control. This includes blocking and isolating the area of infectious disease while at the same time carrying out other feasible measures for preventing the spread of the epidemic.

Hasn't anyone noticed this yet?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 07:22 am
Mona Leeza has given you a good edit. There is no problem with using "control" twice because these are specific terms in which the word control is used. While you are correct that it is a good idea to avoid the repetition of words to make text more enjoyable to read, in this case you need to use the word twice because it is a part of known expressions.
0 Replies