Needs a Boston area apartment

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 05:41 am
My step-son's love life is in the toilet, and he's getting around to the time where he's got to flush.

Any of the greater Boston area A2K'ers got a lead on a decent apartment for a 28 year old male... professional, non-smoker, no pets, no girlfriend, and handsome as all get out, with me as a character reference?

Boston commute... right now he's out of Southie, and staying with us in the hinterlands. Nice to have him, he's burning the candle at both ends... he doesn't need another flame at the middle!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,062 • Replies: 30
No top replies

littlek

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 07:13 pm
Re: Needs a Boston area apartment
SealPoet wrote:
My step-son's love life is in the toilet, and he's getting around to the time where he's got to flush.

Any of the greater Boston area A2K'ers got a lead on a decent apartment for a 28 year old male... professional, non-smoker, no pets, no girlfriend, and handsome as all get out, with me as a character reference?

Boston commute... right now he's out of Southie, and staying with us in the hinterlands. Nice to have him, he's burning the candle at both ends... he doesn't need another flame at the middle!

I'll keep my ears open. If he needs anyone to take him out let me now. Anything to help a friend's child.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 09:09 pm
Take him out as in take him out!? I'm liking this...

but you know... if you really hit it off... would you want me and Mrs. SealPoet as in-laws?

Got a PM on this, which I forwarded... but t'was a little rich for his blood.

But, yeah! Keep the ears open! That's what I'm hoping for.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 09:16 pm
I think lil'K meant she would assasinate him...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 09:17 pm
hahaha! I meant I'd go out for beers or something. Bring my cute friends.....
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 09:25 pm
Um... nemind.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 09:29 pm
Hey, Craven, good to see ya.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 09:43 pm
So when am I goan get to meet all the cute friends?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 11:03 pm
..... when Boston nixes it's smoking ban?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 11:09 pm
LOL GRRRRR Boston was my second choice of a city to live in before I heard about that.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 11:10 pm
the rest of the state is going down fast!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 02:52 am
When I come to Boston, will lil'k introudce me to her cute *male* friends ???

<he asks with oodles of hope in his eyes>
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 05:58 am
Guatam... can you sing? Boston Gay Men's Chorus is always looking for good voices!

Poor kid... he's having a rough month. He just found out Monday that his father, who he has seen maybe three times since he was 2, had two strokes and is probably on the way out. He's flying out to Arizona to try and straighten out his affairs. Apparently his father was as good at paying bills as child support, so there are a lot of people lining up for a piece whatever is left.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 06:00 am
By the way, Craven (and Guatam)... of what help are you in the Boston apartment market?

You stand accused of drowning my thread with banter! Banter I tell you, banter!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 07:31 am
I put the word out but, ya know its all richblood...best of luck to him!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 11:53 am
Well... I do have one suggestion, have you tried "roommate" sites?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 12:26 pm
Very expensive here in Brighton, and probably not too many choices until September - can he hold out for a few months? There are also more listings in May and June. I know that's a while away, but he could get a much cheaper place if he waited for graduation time.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 01:35 pm
Yeah... I know it's expensive. That's why I'm asking about in this forum (That's okay with moderators apparently...).

Craven, he isn't looking for roomates... yet. Possibly he will be, but after two years with his soon-to-be-ex (makes some of the recent postings in the Relationships forum look like everyday...) he sort of wants to re-discover just who he is... y'know?

What happend to the banter?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 01:47 pm
The roommate sites also list people who are renting out their apartment for a few months etc. It's not just for finding a roommate but can also be a place to find an apt to rent for a while.

Banter's gone, I'm tinkering with frustrating DNS.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 06:43 pm
Banter alert!!! Yes, Gautam. But I only know a couple of gay men.
End banter alert!!!

A friend of mine said that the rents have come down a bit because the market is slacking off (did it finally peak?). Of course, coming down a bit from their usual highs may not mean much. Maybe the not so choice spots like the greater-greater boston area. How far out is he willing to be?
0 Replies