How to keep your realation ship togather

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 09:24 pm

I need help on a question?. i know most of you guys are like in your 20's or 30's but im 16 going out with a 19 yr old girl and we get into little arguements then they turn into big fights wich leads us close to break up but some how we still stay togather. We have an open relation ship because she gets jealous when i talked to this girl well any ways she makes me mad cause her parents pay for her collage and if she moves out they wont pay for her collage and she wont get to keep her car i understand that but what makes me upset is when i say I Love u she wont say it around her guy friends or her parents because shes embarressed that makes me pset because i feel if u love someone you should say it. We got into a fight 12/8/03 cause her sister my girlfriends house and i told my gf i loved her and i got mad because she would not say it so i told her bye cause we were on the phone. we are taking a break intill monday so we can let things cool its like when we fight after we are done i feel so depressed cause im scard she will leave me and i love her so much. and im not sure how to keep this going can some one give me advice a guy or a girl dont matter i just need help to understand what she wants cause i cant seem to please her but sexually i can.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 966 • Replies: 7
No top replies

JustBrooke

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 11:56 pm
Justin Smile ......I think all relationships can feel hopeless and overwelming at times. You say you get upset because she won't say "I love you" in front of her friends because it embarrasses her. Some people don't show emotions well in public. It sounds like this might be the case with her? If it is then you shouldn't take it so personally. It doesn't mean she doesn't love you. Nor does it mean that she is ashamed of the love you have for each other.

Just keep your relationship open and honest. Never do anything to break her trust in you. Give her love....but also allow her to be who she is. Believe in her....and believe in her love. Accept that there will be differences in your relationship and that it's ok. You are two different people that won't always do things in the same way.

My last boyfriend was the jealous type. I won't go into detail but it destroyed us. Now I am with someone that trusts my heart and is secure in the love I show him. He never holds on so tight that I can't move. He also knows how sensitive I am about extreme jealousy. He wrote this for me a few months back...to show me that his love for me is not demanding...but is instead "soft" and "gentle".

He takes her into his gentle hands
and cradles her as he would a newborn child.
He holds her high to where the breezes flow
She feels the wind calling to her soul
He slowly unfolds his fingers from around her
The air brushes across her wings
Her eyes to his and a single shared tear
He lifts her aloft into the wind
Her wings flutter as she ascends
He watches her fly upward and away...
He smiles....
With a loving pride, he watches her flight
This angel with newfound wings of love
He waits patiently for her height to be reached
Knowing all the while she is returning soon
To rest in his loving embrace once more

Hang in there Justin! Differences are normal in any relationship. Accept that and it will help you to not worry so much about losing her when you are in the middle of a disagreement.

And from one newbie to the next.....welcome to the forum, Justin!
~Brooke
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 03:04 am
Justin
I agree with jbb, but also have to add that maybe she feels a bit strange about the age difference. Give it time and if you truly love eachother it will all work out. It's true that some people don't like to show affection in public and that shouldn't be that big of a deal to you as long as she shows you in private when it really counts ;-)

Communication is everything Justin

Good luck and welcome to A2K :-)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 08:27 am
She may also be gently trying to let you know that it's not as serious as you think it is.

But I also agree that there are people who are very uncomfortable with public displays of affection. Sometimes, these can look like possessiveness, e. g. you get someone to say "I love you" in front of witnesses so that everyone knows that you two belong together.

But who needs witnesses? If you love each other, it truly doesn't matter how many people hear or don't hear it. Respect her wishes in this area and don't push the words out of her. If she feels this way about you, you'll know.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 10:03 am
Well if you speak English as poorly as you type it, your girlfriend doesn't understand what the hell you are saying when you tell her you love her.

What was the question again?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 10:20 am
Darlin.....for starters, your 16, slow down....enjoy life and don't be in such a rush to claim "love".

And if your pressuring her to say it....stop that now. Why make her cave into something that she might not feel the same way you do. She may love you, but is she in love with you? And also....at that age, its not love.....its lust.

You say that you can't please her, but sexually you can. Darlin'....at 16 and her 19....do you actually understand what sexual fullfillment on your partners part is?

I say.....slow down and take it one step at a time.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 10:46 am
Will you call me darlin', too?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 11:17 am
Sure Slappy doo Darlin'..........lol
0 Replies