The Amazing Race

Linkat

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 02:39 pm
@Reyn,
I was disappointed with Daughter and Dad losing. Why the heck did they not ask for directions like everyone else instead of looking at the damn map? Rookie mistake in this game.

And another dummie - that couple that had a penalty just after last week having two penalities - you'd think some one who learn from the another's mistakes. I did like the proposal though - it was sweet - maybe this guy isn't so bad. I'd like to think they are just showing him at his worse and that he does go back and say he has been a jerk and apoligses.
Reyn

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 06:05 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I was disappointed with Daughter and Dad losing. Why the heck did they not ask for directions like everyone else instead of looking at the damn map? Rookie mistake in this game. ...

It sure can happen, in many different ways.

- cab driver gets lost, doesn't know what they're doing, or car breaks down (happened recently)
- contestants take a wrong turn, despite having directions

I was surprised that the 2 younger female team, after going down the wrong way in a one-way street, didn't get delayed by the cops. They came in 4th (I believe?)

The fact that Mallory and her dad came in last could easily have gone the other way if Nat and Kat didn't find the correct route to take after taking a wrong turn. I got the impression that 5th and 6th place were not too far apart.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 03:30 am
I missed the beginning. By the time I tuned in, some people were on a plane, and some people were already running around. It appeared that no one made a disastrous mistake this time. Things just took as long as they took.

So the newly engaged couple is gone. What a blissful life they have to look forward to.

The wrestlers were second. Amazing. I'm beginning to think they might be contenders for the whole shmear. I actually like her--Vicki.

Glad I don't live in Bangladesh.
Reyn

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 01:04 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

I missed the beginning. By the time I tuned in, some people were on a plane, and some people were already running around. It appeared that no one made a disastrous mistake this time. Things just took as long as they took.

Jill and Thomas (The couple that came in 1st place) got a lucky break and got the last seats on an earlier flight. This gave them a huge advantage of about 7 hours, I believe.

I wish Stephanie good luck in her relationship with Chad. He appeared to somewhat lose it at one point with her with one of the challenges.

I thought it was really bad sportsmanship near the end, during the bicycle assembly challenge, that Chad bad-mouthed Kat, saying is that PHD not helping her out in this challenge?

As Kat said, it wasn't personal that Nat and Kat gave Chad and Stephanie the U-turn. They were the only couple behind them. Besides, Chad said that he was going to U-turn the doctors, should he have the opportunity. What a hippocrite!

Again, Nick was treating Vicki pretty shoddly. He's such an ass! Looks like more of the same for next week. She really should dump the guy. I also like her, although I'm still rooting for the doctors, and was pleased that they're still in the race.

I thought the challenges were pretty good - well thought out. As you can see, with all the flying here and there, sometimes you catch a break, and sometimes everybody is on the same flight.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 02:26 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
Glad I don't live in Bangladesh.

Me, too, but I thought showing all the teams complaining was a bit over the top. One team mentioning the smell would have been sufficient for us to get the idea. The tourism minister can't be real pleased lol.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 02:02 pm
Well, I enjoyed the show last Sunday. I found the challenges to be quite challenging.

Nick was in rare form - yet again! I can't believe what a turd he is. I fail to see the attraction for Vicki, whom I like. I wonder how much longer the "dating" will last after the show wraps up?

When she was having trouble with her asthma, he was just bad-mouthing her. Then, to see him just give up with the final challenge (the one with the boats and bird cages) and lie down and sleep, was just too much for me! As it was, it was a non-elimination round, but they have the 6 hour penalty to contend with. So, there's a fair chance that they will be eliminated in the next round.

I was pleased to see Nat and Kat get 1st place again. They make a good team.

Does anyone remember where they're off to next week? I'm currently having a "brain freeze". Sad
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 03:22 pm
I agree with everything you said, Reyn.

I doubt that Vicki will dump Nick. Maybe she's a glutton for punishment. But he is one of the most unappealing humans ever on this show.

Don't remember where they're going next.

It's really getting down to the wire.
Linkat

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 03:49 pm
@Roberta,
Ditto. He makes me ill. And I try to give people the benefit of the doubt on shows like this.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 05:29 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
But he is one of the most unappealing humans ever on this show.

Yes, indeed! There were others that maybe I wasn't too keen on, but Nick definitely wins the Dolt Prize!

Now, no doubt on the next show, there will only be 3 teams left. So, how many episodes can we still expect? Two, probably? So, the last show will only have 2 teams racing, if I remember correctly?
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 06:21 pm
@Roberta,
Agree with you all on Nick, but Vicky is starting to annoy me because she puts up with him! He's treated her badly for weeks now and she just cries and puts up with it? Race or no race, I'd be gone.

Reyn: I can't remember if they race 2 or 3 teams for the finale. I'm thinking it's 3, though.
Reyn

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 09:45 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:
Reyn: I can't remember if they race 2 or 3 teams for the finale. I'm thinking it's 3, though.

Okay, so probably 2 shows left then. Sad I'm going to miss it on Sundays.
Linkat

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 11:38 am
@Reyn,
3 - at least from what I remember.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 12:58 pm
@Reyn,
Reyn wrote:
Okay, so probably 2 shows left then. Sad I'm going to miss it on Sundays.

Yep, 2 left. They go to..........South Korea..........(lol how could we have forgotten that??) on 12/5. Then the 3 remaining teams race in the finale (location undisclosed as of now) which is on 12/12.

BTW...I just read that Chad and Stephanie are married and she's expecting a baby. Not sure (from what I remember of Chad) if that's great news or not LOL. Weren't he and Nick similar in their treatment of the fairer sex?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 05:09 am
Nick and Vick are gone. If I were them, I'd sue the airline. Who ever heard of a plane with a 12:30 departure time leaving at 12? 1 maybe. 2 often enough. But early?! What are the odds?

The doctors aren't looking as strong as they did a while back. The home shopping hosts are hanging in. Would it surprise you if I said that the blonde one is getting on my nerves BIG TIME.

The third couple --I have trouble remembering that they're there except of course that they're in first place. Who are those people? Were they there the whole time?

Irishk

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 11:39 am
@Roberta,
"Travel to South Korea, then head north towards the border" LOL. A couple steps too far, who doubts Nick would've ratted Vicky out as a spy without them so much as touching him?

Jill & Whosis - where've they been all this time? Looks like they're getting the winners edit.

Great challenges!

0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 06:55 pm
So, next week is the last episode, right?

I enjoyed Sunday's show, but nearly barfed when the "Nick apology" clip was shown. He sounded so insincere. I'm not going to miss that dude, but feel that Vicki was short-changed big time.

Looking forward to the finale.
Irishk

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 08:26 pm
@Reyn,
Did you figure out the city with the finish line in next week's finale from the promo? If not, it's shown in CBS' Elimination Station. All the eliminated teams are gathered there already, and were all together in the hotel when they got word of the newest eliminated team. Very strange...when they asked what happened, Vicky took most of the blame for their very delayed start and eventual losing.

You're probably not going to be able to view the video (it's dumb ole CBS), but if you want to know where they'll be racing at the end, I can whisper it to you LOL.

I think we'll see some great challenges next Sunday!
Reyn

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 10:39 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:
... You're probably not going to be able to view the video (it's dumb ole CBS), but if you want to know where they'll be racing at the end, I can whisper it to you LOL.

You're right, I can't view them. I would really like to know what city the finish line will be held at. So, whisper away! Wink Laughing

Did you notice that Nick didn't step and share some of that blame, eh? That's why I think she was short-changed, partner-wise.

Irishk, if you happen to follow-up on any of the contestants, I'd really be curious to know if those two stuck together after the show.
Irishk

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 11:25 pm
@Reyn,
Reyn wrote:
Did you notice that Nick didn't step and share some of that blame, eh? That's why I think she was short-changed, partner-wise.

It was the weirdest thing...Vicky & Nick called the hotel to let all the eliminated teams know they'd be joining them. They were on speaker-phone and when they were asked what happened to get them eliminated, Vicky volunteered the info, saying something about getting sick and being tired...of course she never once mentioned that Nick QUIT the challenge and he, sitting right beside her, just mumbled something about it being a 'rough' day.

If he hadn't given up, they wouldn't have gotten the 6-hour penalty, but Vicky graciously left that part out lol. Probably trying to keep the peace...I think they're planning a wedding Shocked

Check your PMs. I won't post the info here in case the other 2 fans want to be surprised.

0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 09:35 am
@Reyn,
Here's EliminationStation/South Korea uploaded by a fan...along with some of the other eliminations.

It's not just Canada, either. CBS's youtubes are blocked in about 20 countries, I think Shocked