The Amazing Race

Roberta

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 02:01 am
Tonight's bridge challenge was a doozy. The pull yourself up part was rough.

For the two who took the short cut, all I can say is that if you're gonna be a vegetarian, eating a pig's head is probably not the best way to change your dietary habits.

I am constantly stunned and awed at the ignorance of the wrestlers. However, the female of the pair is one strong lady.

As for the two who were eliminated, I can say that I barely remembered who they were when I was looking at them. They're now just a blur.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 05:48 am
We're watching here but get it a day or so later. in addition I cant catch up if i miss an episode, the CBS site wont let us Aussies download. Fortunatly I was, with the help of someone else, able to watch it via youtube when we missed the arctic circle episode.

My daughter worked at the ice hotel and lived in Juggasvari. She saw her boss on the show, giving directions to one of the couples. My daughter said I would sooo win this episode.

We dislike the tattoed rednecks a lot. tattoed girl: "we're in the country of London"... had never heard of stone henge (insert roll eye). He's a prick.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 05:54 am
The volleyball players were the ones eliminated.
Mallory and her dad are still in it, and she was smart to let him do the volleyball challenge.
She is not as ditzy as she is appearing to be on the show, I cant help but wonder if the producers want her to be that way.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 07:55 am
Laughing Nick and Vicki (the tattooed couple) did it again last night. When they got to the location of the "fast forward", they saw the sign on the door of the cabin saying, "Fast Forward Taken".

"What does that mean?" Laughing

Although, I must say that Vicki did quite well coming back up to the bridge after going down.

Nat and Kat (the doctors) won this time, and I'm rooting for them. Seem like a nice pair of ladies.
mysteryman

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 08:23 am
@Reyn,
I'm rooting for Gary and Mallory, simply because I know them and they live about 5 miles from me.
Linkat

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 09:04 am
@mysteryman,
You know them? I like them as well. Seems like a nice dad and daughter combo.
mysteryman

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 10:49 am
@Linkat,
Yes, she is the current Miss Ky and Gary runs a little store about 5 miles from my house.
They are both good people.
At the corn festival last month they talked about being on the show, but were not allowed to tell anyone how they did or if they won or not.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2010 09:08 pm
For the first time ever, I could have won a challenge on this show. Hands down won. I have recordings of Pictures at an Exhibition and Scheherazade. I've listened to them often. I coulda recognized those two pieces without the phonograph help.

I always thought that a babushka was the scarf tied on a woman's head. I had no idea that the whole woman was called a babushka. Liked that challenge. The native women were wonderful. I loved it when one wondered how those skinny girls could do all that physical work.

The wrestlers surprised me. He was amazingly patient. And she figured out a perfect way to identify the music. I'm glad they're still in it. Of the father-daughter team, the daughter is really starting to irritate me.

The complaining guy (tall, dark hair) is also irritating me like crazy. His girlfriend should dump him the minute they get home.

Loved seeing St. Petersburg. What a gorgeous and historic city.

Reyn

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 10:24 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
... I always thought that a babushka was the scarf tied on a woman's head. I had no idea that the whole woman was called a babushka. Liked that challenge. The native women were wonderful. I loved it when one wondered how those skinny girls could do all that physical work.

I thought it was a scream when the Chinese son of the father /son team and Nick (the tattooed guy) did this task! Nick ("Are you a battlement?"), in his usual way, probably thought it was a "drag race" (cars). Laughing

Quote:
Of the father-daughter team, the daughter is really starting to irritate me.

Yes! She's turning out to be quite the whiner!

Quote:
The complaining guy (tall, dark hair) is also irritating me like crazy. His girlfriend should dump him the minute they get home.

And yes! What an idiot!

I thought the piano test was quite fiendishly good, but was frusterated that none of the contestants didn't tackle this test in an organized fashion. Each couple should have done one song at a time, agreed, then go back for the second, and then, third! This would have saved more time and less frusteration on their part.

If you try to do all three at the same time, and get in the right order, no wonder you'll get screwed up!

The film test was not an easy one either!
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 11:33 am
@Roberta,
Quote:
Of the father-daughter team, the daughter is really starting to irritate me

Thats why I think the producers want her to act that way.
I know Mallory and her dad, and she is not that way at all (a whiner).
She is the exact opposite of that in reality.
As for getting dirty, she has never been afraid of getting dirty or working, so its actually kind of funny that she is playing that role on the show.

Quote:

If it werent for the fact that they are aon the show, she would have probably dumped him already.
Reyn

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 01:56 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Quote:
Of the father-daughter team, the daughter is really starting to irritate me

Thats why I think the producers want her to act that way.
I know Mallory and her dad, and she is not that way at all (a whiner).
She is the exact opposite of that in reality.

The show tells the contestants how to act in the show? That seems a bit odd, why shouldn't they just be themselves?

If you find out more about this in the future, I'd be interested to hear.
Irishk

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 02:03 pm
I missed the show...who went home? Or, was it a non-elimination leg?
Linkat

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 02:04 pm
@Reyn,
I'm sure they edit in such a way to bring out their "best" - one reason I'd not want to go on any of these shows.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 02:04 pm
@Irishk,
non-elimination -and tatoo couple came in last.
Irishk

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 02:07 pm
@Linkat,
Thanks! They're hilarious...remember them running up to the mat and the guy says (breathlessly), "I think we're second!", then Phil says, "You're team #6!" LOL.
Reyn

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 03:03 pm
@Irishk,
Yup, good stuff, like, "Are you a battlement?"

I seriously think Fabio, from the current Survivor show, is somehow related to Nick and Vicki. Wink Laughing
Irishk

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 03:19 pm
@Reyn,
Ha!!! You'll be rethinking that when Fabio WINS the million dollars! Smile
Reyn

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 04:21 pm
@Irishk,
I guess anything is possible, but my gut tells me, unlikely.

If I'm wrong, I'll eat a hat. Wink Laughing
Irishk

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 05:01 pm
@Reyn,
Hope you have an edible hat Smile I'm pretty sure he has outlast and outplay in the bag...all that's missing is the outwit part LOL.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 12:08 am
@Reyn,
Like I said, I think thats what is going on.
Mallory and her dad are both under "non disclosure" contracts with the show.
They can talk about being on the show, but they cannot tell anyone if they won or not, or anything else about the show.
If they do, they forfeit any winnings they might have gotten.