Sleepovers for 21/22 year olds

splais

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2010 10:30 am
I don't know if I'm being a prude or not. But is it appropriate for 20 somethings (guys) to be having sleepovers. I'm beginning to think this is a indication of a sexuality issue, being gay. Am I over reacting? It doesn't particularly bother me if he is gay, but it does make me wonder.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,419 • Replies: 6
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2010 10:35 am
@splais,
When I was in college, people were forever staying late and then "crashing." (Basically, "I'm too tired and/or too drunk and/or too stoned to go home, so I'll collapse on your couch, 'k?")

It didn't usually indicate anything in particular (no matter what combination of genders were involved) except the likelihood of a bad grade on that big test the next day.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2010 10:38 am
@splais,
As Soz indicated, we don't have a lot of info here to go on. Was this a house guest from out of town? Was there a party after which someone was too drunk/tired to drive home?

Also, it may help us respond to you if we knew your interest in this. Is this a family member? A friend?
JPB

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2010 10:46 am
@littlek,
I wondered about the relationship too, l'k.
0 Replies

splais

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2010 11:10 am
It's a-sort-of family member, myunofficial adopted son. We are not talking about crashing on the couch after a blowout. Talking about a couple other young men that are his friends. We are talking about sleeping in the same bed rather regularly. I know he has had sexual relationships with women before; but he was living across country on his own, but near his mom. He has come here to get a new start and ever since he arrived I've seen no attempt at female companionship. This sleep over business started slowly, but has become a rather regular thing.
littlek

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2010 11:11 am
@splais,
Interesting..... I'd guess he is indeed gay. But, I wouldn't broach the topic with him. He'll let you know if he is.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2010 11:38 am
I noticed that my daughters and their friends would sleep in the same bed, but never my son and nephew.

There often were guys spending the night, crashing, up all night playing video games, etc., but they ended up sleeping on the floor or in other beds alone. Never shared the same bed.

Why don't you just ASK?

"Hey Fred, I notice that you and George shared the same bed last night. Is that something you planned?"
0 Replies