McNuggets now made with white meat

farmerman

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 04:57 am
I like em unpeeled also, and fried in LARD and served with salt and malt vinegar, now you eatin somethin . Mikky D puts a lot of sugar on their taters so they brown.

Cav, ground meat is not a fav of mine except maybe in red beans, meatballs, gelumpkis,. Maybe with your recipe I could enjoy one on a bun My gramma used to get a mix of beef (lean) pork (fatty) and veal (dont know why) for her gelumpkis .
What is a Moroocan Spice mix? Does Pennzys sell it. We grow most of our herbs except the tropical ones which we usually buy in big orders from Pennzys. We like their spices flavors. Do you have anybodys spice that you use?

wife made some ginger cookies with xlized ginger, this was really a nice strong ginger flavor
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 05:00 am
farmerman wrote:
Thats like 100% virgin naugahyde.

Slappy farms naugahyde. No virgins have been found amongst the herd as yet.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 09:35 am
I think they switched to frozen when my mother was a girl.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 05:31 pm
McDonalds Is Asked to Withdraw Fries Seasoning

Dec 9, 9:03 am ET

HONG KONG (Reuters) - The Hong Kong government has asked global fast food chain McDonalds Corp to withdraw a seasoning for its french fried potatoes because it could contain a banned artificial sweetener, a spokeswoman said on Sunday.
The government said it had discovered that the label for the chain's Honey BBQ seasoning mix listed the artificial sweetener stevioside, which is banned in Hong Kong, as an ingredient.

The U.S. National Cancer Institute says on its Web site that the main chemical in stevioside can be converted in a laboratory into a substance that alters genes. Further study is needed to determine whether the sweetener can cause cancer, it says.

"We are testing to see if it is a permitted sweetener or not. Legal action would be considered subject to the results of the test," a spokeswoman for the Hong Kong food and environmental hygiene department said.

McDonalds was not immediately available for comment but newspapers said that the company had since stopped using the powder.

In 2001 McDonalds apologized in a dispute over the use of beef extract in its french fries following legal action and protests from vegetarians.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 05:44 pm
Ha ha, pueo. Mickey D's goin' down, finally....

farmerman, the Moroccan spice mix is one I made up myself. If you wanna market it for me, I'd be willing. Smile
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 06:06 pm
This is for Sugar, note the two slices of cheese:

http://www.inandout.com/assets/splashtopani2.gif
http://www.inandout.com/assets/dbldbl.jpg

A little bit of left coast heaven, In&Out Burger.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 08:06 pm
Ah, In-n-Out! One caveat -- they're franchised, but the individual owners do have control over the supplies used in the food... The plus: it's not the overcommercialized, too-controlled McD cr*p. The minus: some outlets have better burgers than others. I liked the one out on the way to Riverside when I lived down there.

...almost as good as TommyBurgers!

p.s. Sugar -- now you're making me feel old! I know I was out of school and working when they made that change!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 08:19 pm
I think my fast-food burger history began with A & W, then Harvey's, then Toby's, then Lick's. McDonald's was always a second-best.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 08:25 pm
Yeah, but they're everywhere. And you know what you're gonna get.

Did you have Big Boy burgers when you were growing up? What restaurant chain sold them? In my area it was Manners. Michiganders had Frick's... I used to know more...

The BB burger was "invented" by a guy named Bob Manners, in Cleveland Heights, OH. He started the Manners chain of restaurants in our area and franchised the sandwich/menu, but not the restaurant. So other areas had different chains that sold the sandwich.

He retired, sold Manners, and moved to So. Cal, where he started a new chain that sold the sandwich -- Bob's.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 08:27 pm
HARVEYS-They invented the shaved pickle slice. They made a pickle that you could read through, like prosciutto.

CAV -your on, We need a name, maybe somethin with the doggie wearing a fez?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 08:33 pm
Hmm....neat mascot....Dogburger spice may not work, could be seen as offensive, 'cept maybe in China and the Phillipines. All-purpose Moroccan spice is waayyyy too boring....I'm leaning towards "Tunisian Ecstasy" (an adventure in spice.) How's that?
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 09:32 pm
Sounds like a bar drug. I like the Tunisian part, but ecstasy has too many connotations right now. Tunisian Nights? Elan d'Tunis? (perfume?) Tunisian Marketspice? l'Arome d'Marac? (more perfume) (besides, I don't know how Morocco smells...)

Marketplace Spices -- Tunisian. To be followed by other Marketplace Spice blends from around the world...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 09:34 pm
Hmm...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 09:36 pm
I suppose 'Marrakesh Mystery' is also a bit perfumey. What's our target market anyway?
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 09:37 pm
People who know where Tunisia is?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 05:56 am
yes, an important lesson in marketing, Try not to be too erudite, you wanna sell it without confusing many potential customers

Desert flower Spice ( course its not a desert)

Spice Road Flavors

Caliphs Reserve Spice (naaah)

Atlas Rubs (take off on Ayn Rand)

Whew its hard at 6 AM
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 09:06 am
"Marrakesh Mystery" sounds like something you'd buy in a Coffee Shop in Amsterdam!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 11:01 am
I'm kinda liking "Spice Road Spice."
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 11:02 am
In&Out stores are not franchised, check the website.

In Michigan we had Elias Brothers Big Boys. There used to be a Big Boy in the town I live in now, but it's been replaced probably 10x now (by different restaurants). Don't recall the franchisee name.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 06:04 pm
I remember now, it was Bob's Big Boy.

Hey, I had a double cheeseburger at Denny's last Friday and it was fantastic. I really didn't expect that kind of a burger from Denny's, but I gotta give 'em credit. Good stuff!
0 Replies