McNuggets now made with white meat

cavfancier

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 04:31 pm
Grimace and Ronald were good friends, I don't sense animosity there.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 05:48 pm
The old McNuggets were made of dog dung.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 06:09 pm
Edgar, you sure that was DOG dung? I suspect a lesser species of animal.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 06:15 pm
MC BARF
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 06:21 pm
I had my suspicions, so I went out in the yard and sampled some. Yep - Same taste.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 09:27 pm
does one stick a chicken in a grinder or a blender to make mcnugget meal base?
whata bout the mcfeet and mcbeak.
0 Replies

PatriUgg

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 09:33 pm
I always thought the McRib was absolutely God-awful. No matter how many of them I ordered, they always came out terrible.

And the double-cheeseburgers? Please! Whenever I eat one it makes me choke on the little bit of meat in it, surprised to find any meat at all, even if I get a 5 or 10 of them.

The McNuggets? They always leave me wanting something more palatable, time and time and time again. And even if you buy forty of them, they're not such a great deal.

And those fries that I keep buying and stuffing into my face every day . . . gross! Tasteless! No redeeming value!

The so-called quarter-pounder? The hundredth one I had was just as bad as the first. They just don't seem to get it!

Even when I try every item on their menu, and keep trying them from different McDonald's wherever I travel, or try them at different times of day, or various days of the week, the food still comes out terrible! How can they do that? How dare they foist this crap on me? I deserve better!

I'm tired of it. We should all think about complaining to the management and see if they can do something about their horrible food.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 09:35 pm
Patri
I like the way you think. I'll treat you to a Burger King meal if you ever drop in.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 09:50 am
I haven't had anything from McDonalds besides grilled chicken sandwiches and fries in at least 5 years.
Those burgers are disgusting.
I'd rather drive a spike into my shin.
I'd rather slide down a razor blade into a pool of alcohol.
I'd rather....rather....listentobritneyspearsforthreehourstraight.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 09:55 am
Patri...the reason every McDonald's in the world is horrible is because, well, it may be horrible, but it's CONSISTENT. That is their 'prime directive'. Cheap, crappy food that underpaid teens or long out of work alcoholics can make quickly with their eyes closed. If you're ever in Toronto, I'll take you to proper Guinness pub for a real burger.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 05:14 pm
real burger is an oxymoron.
Thats like 100% virgin naugahyde.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 05:31 pm
Now now farmerman....what would you consider a real burger? Personally, I like a mixture of ground chuck, 60% fine ground, 40% coarse, seasonings, no egg. Sometimes I throw my own Moroccan spice mixture in there, and coat them in sesame seeds before popping them on the grill. They are very popular at my summer BBQs. You raised an interesting question though. What exactly is a "real burger", by one's own definition, of course.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 05:42 pm
coating burgers in sesame seeds???

learned something new today. good, now i can go to sleep. :wink:
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 05:55 pm
Hey pueo, have a nice sleep, and try it! They do serve burgers on sesame seed buns, so it stands to reason...
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 06:11 pm
always liked to use sesame oil, not a fan of the seed itself.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 08:18 pm
Way back near the beginning Sugar mentioned that McD's fries aren't good since they switched to all-veggie oil...

Sugar, you are a young'in! The fries haven't been good since they switched to frozen... The originals were cut from whole potatoes (not peeled), soaked in ice water for exactly three minutes, then fried to golden... yum!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 08:19 pm
A double fry is the best way to make fries, whatever they are made from.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 08:45 pm
I just saw that on American Test Kitchen. They fried the fries, took 'em out, reheated the oil, and put 'em back in again. They looked good, but if I can just get fries made from fresh potatoes, and not burnt or raw, I'm usually happy. Love the ones at fairgrounds that are mostly grease -- throw on lots of vinegar and salt!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 08:52 pm
Trick is, cook them at a lower oil temperature (boiling) about 325-350. Drain them well. Heat fresh oil to about 400 and fry until golden. Reusing the oil is fine, as long as it's clean. Toss the hot fries with some sea salt and chopped fresh thyme, and serve with homemade mayo! Or vinegar and salt, or both, or a host of dips! Incidentally, peeled potatoes get crisper, but unpeeled have more nutrients.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 09:22 pm
Unpeeled have more flavor, too. I'll take 'em that way. And can I have garlic on mine?
0 Replies