The A2K November, 2010, Election Game!

kuvasz

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 11:34 am
@realjohnboy,
I always bring food and drinks for the poll workers. They volunteer their time for me and the rest of us, so it is the least I can do to show my appreciation of them stepping up and helping.

In a secular, democratic society a polling booth is just about as sacred a place as anything.

btw already volunteered to work for my current Democratic US representative and Democratic candidate for governor. There is no way that I am going to sit on the sidelines considering how ******* stupid the GOP candidates are speaking.

I take to heart the remarks made over 2,300 years ago from a dead, old, white guy:

Quote:
"Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber."
Aristotle
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 05:10 pm
Republicans will take control of the House. This is virtually assured, and only a very strange happenstance that no one can predict (No Diest, it won't be last minute Liberal energy) will stop it from happening.

Not so sure about the Senate, but believe it certainly is a possibility that the GOP will take it. A toss up right now, but I'll go out on a limb and predict they will --- in part because O'Donnell will beat the Bearded Marxist Coons in DE.
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 05:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Thank you, Finn. I am putting you down as 51 Repubs vs 49 Dems. Correct me if I am wrong.
I am going to wade into some of the political threads this weekend to see if I can find folks willing to predict.
I will get to the House and Governors in due course.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 08:39 pm
@realjohnboy,
Yes, you can put me down for a GOP sweep
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 08:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

No [ART], it won't be last minute Liberal energy

I didn't claim it would. I'm saying that democrat voter mobilizatio hasn't been that great. I don't predict a sudden flood. If Dems hold, I think it will be due to moderates (including moderate conservatives) rejecting more far right candidates. It's hard for me to say. I won't be shocked by any outcome.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

O'Donnell will beat the Bearded Marxist Coons in DE.

I think you're one of the only ones who thinks this. I get that you don't like the Dems, but how is it that you see this actually playing out? Not even GOP strategists believe O'Donnell will win. Do you believe you know something they don't? Just curious.

A
R
T
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2010 03:17 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

The U.S. Senate...
There are currently 41 Republicans in the Senate. There are 57 Democrats plus 2 Independents who caucus with the Democrats. So that effectively 41 Repubs vs 59 Dems.
Roughly 1/3 of the Senate seats will be on ballots this time around.
Pundits and polls suggest that the split between Repubs and Dems may end up being very close, with control of the Senate being up for grabs.

How do you think the election for Senate will turn out?

A) Repubs will end up with 52 or more vs 48 or fewer for the Dems
B) Repubs will end up with 51 vs 49 for the Dems
C) Split. 50-50
D) Dems will end up with 51 vs 49 for the Repubs
E) Dems will end up with 52 or more vs 48 or fewer for the Repubs
F) Who cares.

Would you describe yourself as
G) A Republican
H) A Democrat
I) An Independent/Other

All you have to do is post a choice from A-F and G-I. Additional comments are welcome.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2010 03:25 pm
I, a Democrat (H), see this ending up as (E): the Dems will end up controlling 52 seats vs 48 doe the Repubs.
On some of the close elections: CA, IL, NEV, WASH and WV will end up Dem while CO, FL, KY, PA and WI will go Repub.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2010 11:23 pm
Quote:
By JEFF ZELENY and CARL HULSE
Published: October 23, 2010

WASHINGTON — A costly and polarizing Congressional campaign heads into its closing week with Republicans in a strong position to win the House but with Democrats maintaining a narrow edge in the battle for the Senate, according to a race-by-race review and lawmakers and strategists on both sides.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/24/us/politics/24campaign.html?src=twt&twt=nytimes
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 10:29 pm
Bump.

A
R
T
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 05:03 pm
@failures art,
I think this thread has run out of steam. A bit late to make predictions. The "Oh, no, election day is..." thread Irisk and I ran is being shut down, also.
I have invited any of our Republican brethren to start a thread on the potential contenders for the Presidential nomination. I said I would do my best to try to keep that thread civil like the threads above largely turned out to be. No takers, so far.
failures art

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 05:08 pm
@realjohnboy,
Yeah, I think some people had pretty spot on predictions here. Moving on I suppose.

I think the Obama 08 thread was started in early 2006. I guess it's time to start predicting who the GOP will put forth. I've got my theories. I'll keep an eye out for a prediction thread.

A
R
T
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 05:20 pm
@failures art,
I have tried to recruit some of the Repubs I know to host a thread about potential Presidential nominees. All say they are too busy.
I, of course, am not busy. See my sig line below.
failures art

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 05:25 pm
@realjohnboy,
A
R
Tis the rich life in the commonwealth.

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 05:28 pm
@failures art,
I can't recall who said that about me.
0 Replies