Man Bashing, and what Men should do about it

hawkeye10

Thu 23 Sep, 2010 12:06 am
Misandry Review
"News and views by bloggers opposed to misandry — the teaching of contempt for males in popular culture
Quote:
About Us
Misandry Review is a forum for talented bloggers who write from a pro-male perspective. Our content spans a variety of viewpoints in this vein, including MRA, MGTOW, conservative and libertarian. To request inclusion into the system, please contact John Dias.

You may be wondering how we define the perspectives named above. Perhaps this may help:

■MRA: Refers to “Men’s Rights Advocate” or “Men’s Rights Activist.” MRAs dispute the commonly-held belief that most men are powerful and privileged. MRAs point out that many of the burdens that men bear are often overlooked and ignored (see examples). MRAs often debate and attempt to neutralize opposing viewpoints (generally feminism) within the blogosphere. They also favor political redress, based on equality under the law.
■MGTOW: Refers to “Men Going Their Own Way,” and its male adherents can collectively be referred to as MGTOW (pronounced “em-jee-tōw”). The MGTOW promote a lifestyle of personal autonomy, rejecting — as burdensome — social expectations that are based on gender. This includes a rejection of chivalry — the idea that a man ought to risk or forgo his safety, comfort or security for a woman simply because it is expected of him as a man.
The three central tenets of MGTOW philosophy are the promotion of (1) limited government, (2) masculinity for men, and (3) femininity for women. More info on MGTOW
■Conservative: Refers to the political perspective that emphasizes the value of tradition, slow or no-growth in government, and the belief that the law should be constrained by objective and stable standards. More info on conservatism
■Libertarian: Refers to the belief that prioritizes personal liberty above other political priorities, and thus favors specific and very limited roles for the State. More info on libertarianism
As you read the material by our site’s contributors, you may notice that the above viewpoints can overlap. On this site, it is even possible for our contributors to be a mix of all four perspectives (and more), as you will likely discover. We encourage you to post your comments and engage in vigorous discussion, and we invite comments with dissenting viewpoints (provided that the dialogue remains civil and productive).

If you have any questions, please contact the owner of Misandry Review — John Dias — via e-mail. You can also reach John via telephone by clicking on the following graphic, which will ask for your phone number and then immediately call your phone number while simultaneously connecting you with John:

I am a MRA..see rape thread for illustration. I am not alone.
hingehead

Thu 23 Sep, 2010 12:54 am
@hawkeye10,
If you're so against being bashed why do you post this tosh on A2K.

And why do you quote without source URL?

Must be awful to live in a world/mind where everything is an 'us vs them' issue.
hawkeye10

Thu 23 Sep, 2010 01:26 am
@hingehead,
Quote:
And why do you quote without source URL?
Because I am not perfect like you...1000's of posts with a URL and I forget a couple of times and you want to make a federal case out of it?? You do know how to use google right? If you want to bitch why don't you talk to someone who ROUTINLY does not document where they get their quotes...we have more than a handful of these people at a2k
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 23 Sep, 2010 01:29 am
@hingehead,
Quote:
Must be awful to live in a world/mind where everything is an 'us vs them' issue.
Only the well educated are aware that relationships are both combative and cooperative, and no it is not awful, perfecting relationships makes life better not worse.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 23 Sep, 2010 01:48 am
@hingehead,
Quote:
If you're so against being bashed why do you post this tosh on A2K.
I am true to myself always, I refuse to take even two steps out of my way to avoid abuse. I was abused early in life, I learned the hard way that trying to avoid abuse or pain at the expense of me is a fools expedition.
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 23 Sep, 2010 04:00 am
@Lambchop,
Lambchop wrote:
Is this a joke? Somebody please tell me this is a joke.

Yes, Hawkeye is a joke. Whether or not he actually expects to be taken seriously, i couldn't say. I don't think that's important to him, though. He likes to portray himself as the voice crying in the wilderness, he who speaks truths that others don't want to hear, and a martyr to the issue of freedom of speech.

All of that is bullshit, of course, but he seems to get his jollies from it. Personally, i don't think he gives a rat's ass about "issues" such as this, he just wants the attention.
Lambchop

Thu 23 Sep, 2010 08:43 am
@Setanta,
Thank you, Setanta. Phew!
0 Replies

Mame

Thu 23 Sep, 2010 08:45 am
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

I'm all for "men's rights" -- especially when it comes to "women's" issues like parenting. Men have really gotten the shaft on issues like custody, visitation, alimony, child support, etc. I have some pretty serious qualms about a man's inability to have say in a woman's choice to give birth and parent, abort, or place for adoption.

But this **** is just stupid.

Once again, Boomer said it for me. I agree with all of this. Seriously, hawk, I don't hear any of my friends bashing men, so I don't know where this is happening. I think it's unfair that men have gotten the shaft, as Boomer said, on the issues she mentioned, but things ARE changing, for the better, for men.

It's the old pendulum thing. Men kept women (and some still do) down and backwards for years (their property became their husband's, they weren't allowed to vote, they had no rights, they couldn't get work or into universities for years, they were considered the 'weaker' sex, etc etc etc) and that went on for a very long time. Finally, women rallied (and some men supported them) and gradually changed all that. Now the pendulum has swung the other way but eventually it'll return to centre.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Thu 23 Sep, 2010 09:03 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Our Black brothers have failed to do the right thing, but men in general will not be so foolish.

Once again you have leveled us all with your High-Powered Weirdo Ray.

Don't ever compare whatever inconveniences you've experienced/imagined to the actual hardships African Americans have endured.

"Failed to do the right thing," eh? You mean like marching through Selma and getting the living **** beat out of them by inbred Alabama state troopers just so they might one day enter a restaurant through the front like everyone else?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Thu 23 Sep, 2010 09:08 am
You know what guys? I'm sick and tired of the poor walking all over the rich. The wealthy in our society have kept quiet for too long, cowering in their mansions, while the poor, uh...sleep under bridges, I guess. Like a bunch of assholes. Yeah. It's time for the bourgeoise to mobilize!
0 Replies

djjd62

Thu 23 Sep, 2010 09:32 am
i say we kill all the women

then we can sit around all day in our "mancaves", drinking beer, watching football, scratching our balls and farting

yeah, that'd be great Rolling Eyes

0 Replies

firefly

Thu 23 Sep, 2010 09:36 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
the way I put it is that men should stop taking **** from women

I asked these questions before, but I never got an answer, so I will ask them again...

Tell us, just what **** do the women in your life dump on you? And what do you do about it?

Discussing civil rights issues is fine, but how do you actually deal with "man- bashing" in your everyday life, with the women you actually interact with and live with?

Setanta

Thu 23 Sep, 2010 09:41 am
@firefly,
I have a problem with your questions, in that they imply that there might be wimmins with self-esteem so low that they'd associate with the likes of this clown.
DrewDad

Thu 23 Sep, 2010 09:52 am
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/129105752761044745.jpg
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Thu 23 Sep, 2010 10:22 am
Hawkeye, you seriously need professional help. I see you are now trying to gain converts here since everyone is ignoring you in the Rape thread? Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, you have a really distorted view on this?

On that other thread you didn't one time, that I can think of, voice any concern for any of the actual rape victims. Nope, what you did was immediately post how horrible it is for men to be falsely accused of rape.

No one is bashing men in that rape thread Hawkeye. You unfortunately seem to think a discussion on real rapes and ways to avoid them and what we can do to make the laws better is bashing.

That's all I have to say to you. I do suggest anyone that wants to know the real you does check out the Hey, Can A Woman Ask to Be Raped thread. Your true self is stamped all over it.
0 Replies

djjd62

Thu 23 Sep, 2010 10:27 am
i heard the want to build a Curves near ground zero

Twisted Evil
Mame

Thu 23 Sep, 2010 11:10 am
@djjd62,
Did Hawkeye's group mobilize a protest?
djjd62

Thu 23 Sep, 2010 12:56 pm
@Mame,
he called up Al Bundy and got his group "NO MA'AM" (National Organization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood), to mount a protest

i think he got the Lil' Rascals and their chapter of the He Man Women Haters Club too
0 Replies

djjd62

Thu 23 Sep, 2010 01:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Our Black brothers have failed to do the right thing, but men in general will not be so foolish.

hawkeye inducts one of his black brothers into The He Man Woman Haters Club
http://recforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/fa/10703/0/

0 Replies

DrewDad

Thu 23 Sep, 2010 02:42 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I have a problem with your questions, in that they imply that there might be wimmins with self-esteem so low that they'd associate with the likes of this clown.

You haven't met my sister-in-law.
0 Replies