Can You Remember These Weird Names Easily?

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 12:23 pm
Ahmed Hussein, the mosque's prayer leader, said the explosion occurred at 6.45am local time, and had damaged the building and several cars parked nearby.

"Those who carried out the attack have nothing to do with any religion," said the mosque's imam, Farouk Khamis. "They are ordinary criminals who targeted believers doing their prayers."

As for me, I cannot.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 695 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 02:25 pm
Oristar- It is a matter of familiarity. When I entered 7th grade, in a new school, there were a lot of Italian-American kids in my class. For the first few weeks their names seemed very strange to me, and difficult to remember. After awhile, they were as easy to remember as Smith or Jones.
0 Replies

xifar

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 03:55 pm
I agree. One of my friends last name is Ahmed, so when I see it now, I am already familiar with it. As for Hussein, that has also been a very talked about name. As for the second one, I can't remember it even though I just read it a few seconds ago.

It's all about familiarity.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 09:51 pm
Hehe, I got it. I will not worry about anything about it... Very Happy
And thanks.
0 Replies