Help! New pup & older dog just introduced & barking/whining all night!

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 10:45 pm
I am hoping someone can help! I have (just two/three days ago) taken on an 8 week old pup. I have a one year old bitch also and my older girl is barking the house down - particularly at night - something she wasnt doing until pup arrived. With the new pup whining anyway (as well as joining in) we have turned into the house from hell (my poor neighbours).

The first night I put puppy in a puppy pen, tonight I put them both together in the kitchen (without the pen) in the hope they would 'sort it out', as per advice of breeder. Result - no sleep again and some very unhappy people around!

Has anyone else been in this situation? I dont have a huge house and am wondering where to go with this next! I am now sat in desperation with them both on the sofa (apart so they dont try to kill each other!) During the day now they are fine.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,699 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 11:21 pm
Time. Eventually the pup will stop. Probably in a day or two. You have to do the tough love thing or it will never end. A few treats in the pen would probably be good too.
0 Replies