Colbert and Stewart rally

rabel22

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 09:03 am
How many of you will be going to this rally in washington. These guys cant be real americans. Hell they arnt even calling for people to bring their gun along just in case we have to overthrow the government.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 1,750 • Replies: 13

parados

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 09:09 am
@rabel22,
But they have made some good points..

Reason is just one letter away from treason.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 01:54 pm
I'm tempted to go.... it's only a 4 hr. drive from here.
rabel22

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 10:45 pm
@jjorge,
Id like to go also but its a 20 hr drive for me.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 10:55 pm
About 4 hours for me, too. Thought about going. Would certainly go if it meant meeting up with some A2Kers.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 02:11 pm
I'm betting this draws a lot of young folks from D.C., Balto, Virginia and Delaware, maybe even Pennsylvania. Certainly these shows have followings around the country. I am thinking about it, mr. glitterbag is interested, and I live about 45 minutes from D.C.. If anyone is really planning on going, please check carefully the directions. D.C. is nuts just on a normal day, but when something special is happening, traffic can be incredibly slow and parking hard to find. Just as an example, I went to a Stones concert right outside D.C. about 6 years back and the drive took 5 hours. We thought we had planned far enough ahead, but the concert had already started when we got to the parking lot and it's the first time I have ever been late to a Stones concert.

Granted, the Stones are likely to draw a larger crowd, but check out the maps, check for parking and where you can use public transportation. I think it would be a huge party and personally, I hope to attend.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 02:18 pm
tsar is going.

http://able2know.org/topic/161507-1#post-4354974
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 02:45 pm
@JPB,
Yep. I'm taking a 4 and a half hour bus ride from NYC for this daytrip to Washington DC.

Never been to the capital before.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 02:48 pm
@jjorge,
You could be our on the spot reporter...

just saw Tsar is going, that's great!
failures art

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 03:39 pm
If people are here, I might be able to meet up with some. I'm getting flooded with friends asking for couches to stay on, but I can take a break from hosting on Friday or Sunday morning to meet up with any A2K'ers that come to DC.

Either way, I can give some tips on travel/dining around the area if any are interested.

A
R
T
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 06:57 pm
@failures art,
I would need some Metro related tips to get to the event from the bus station and a possible cheap place for lunch time when I get there that morning. Some where near where the event is taking place so I won't get lost in DC.

failures art

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 11:31 pm
@tsarstepan,
I think all the NYC-DC buses load and unload on H Street near Chinatown (the most pathetic China town in the USA). From there you will have almost too many dining choices. Asking me to pick, I'm going to send you to hippie places that serve lots of vegan stuff, so you should probably be more specific as to what your dining desires are. Getting to the National Mall will be easy. You'll simply head south on any number street. In fact, you might even be able to see the Washington Monument from the bus drop off.

Metro is easy in DC (but not as nice as the NYC subway). You should probably take time to familiarize with the Green/Yellow line.

Let me know more about what you plan to do. PMs are down so I don't know how to give you my phone number.

A
R
T
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 12:35 am
@ossobuco,
still undecided osso, would have to juggle other stuff...
I'll probably not decide for sure till about two weeks beforehand...

I also have a competing claim and I can't do both:
ie. the One Nation March on Washington on Saturday morning, October 2.
The March takes place on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial located on
the national mall in Washington D.C.
One Nation Working Together is social movement of individuals and organizations committed to putting America back to work and pulling back together. Coming from a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, beliefs and orientations, we are determined to build a more united country with good jobs, equal justice, and quality public education for all. The movement is a coalition of more than 170 human and civil rights organizations, environmental, ethnic, labor, peace, youth, student and faith-based organizations.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 02:22 pm
Have now eliminated the 10/2 march.

So, if I go at all, it will be to the Stewart/Colbert event on the 30th.
(which sounds like a lot more fun!)
0 Replies