Trigger Point Therapy/Myotherapy - experience?

mezzie

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 10:29 pm
I've heard astounding anecdotal praise for trigger point therapy techniques, but haven't seen any peer-reviewed journal articles about short-term and long-term results.

If anyone could point me to a decent reference, I'd be very grateful!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 829 • Replies: 4
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 09:20 am
I get those treatments from my RMT. Hurts like hell, but it works. You may want to talk to an RMT and a Chiropractor to get references. Unless you want to buy a book, there does not seem to be many articles on the internet regarding the information you want. You may also be interested in Active Release Therapy, a slightly different approach to treating injuries, especially sports injuries.
0 Replies

mezzie

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 10:19 am
Yeah, I've done some Internet browsing, and all sources point out that there really haven't been any decent studies done on it; I thought maybe something might have come out this year. All the books on the topic are based on anecdotal, rather than rigorously scientific, data.

What does RMT stand for? Renegade Massage Therapist?

How does Active Release Therapy work?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 10:35 am
Heh heh....Registered Massage Therapist, as opposed to those found in personal ads. As for ART, this is good place to start:

http://www.activerelease.com/about.asp

Dr. Green also has a new partner who practices ART, just so you know.
0 Replies

mezzie

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 10:44 am
Interesting.

I'm not actually looking for myself, but people often ask me for health advice, and I've heard great things about chiropracty and trigger point therapy, but have never looked at references to back up the anecdotes. It seems they don't actually exist! Someone ought to fund such research. Perhaps insurance companies...
0 Replies