Election campaign 2004: Suggest a soundbite!

nimh

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 03:09 pm
Imagine you're working for one of these presidential candidates' election campaign.

What would you have them say?

How would you make them "score"?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 648 • Replies: 5
No top replies

nimh

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 03:24 pm
Example:

Some people think Dean has a problem because of having luckily escaped military service, which would exacerbate the supposed "soft on defence" image problem - and there you have Kerry and Clark right alongside him, one always going on about his Vietnam time as if it's about the only thing he's got going for him, the other a brilliant former general. How does he cut another of their bio-bits off in debate and turn it around in his favour?

Objective: "the others may have been good soldiers - but I'm a good politician - so I'm best fit for the presidency". Without sounding dismissive.

Solution?
Quote:
You were a very good soldier, John. And you were a very brave soldier. Just like, I'm sure, Wesley Clark was a brilliant general. Me, I was a doctor, and ever since then I've been nothing but a politician. It was my job to govern the state of Vermont, and I hope that the people of Vermont feel I've been a good Governor. And that's why I hope that, if the people of America want me to, I'll be a good President, too.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 08:16 pm
No? No-one wanna play campaign advisor?

Aaw-ww ...
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 01:07 am
Do you really want Bush in office for another four years?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 09:09 am
nimh

Good thread idea. I do wanna play, but will join later.

The connotations of 'doctor' are highly positive (note this was exactly how the Republicans presented Frist when he took over from Lott), so forwarding that element is likely to be very effective.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 09:19 am
Dean: Even Al Gore wants us to lose!
0 Replies