What's dumber? A question that seems dumb to you, or your post to that question?

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 07:16 pm
I post a question that I find interesting, but that you find dumb.

You take your time and energy to write an answer that says, "What a stupid question! Is that the best you could come up with? How stupid?"

Who's the dumb one? Me for posting a question or you for answering it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,884 • Replies: 38

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 08:46 am
@ibstubro,
ibstubro wrote:
Who's the dumb one? Me for posting a question or you for answering it?

I suspect it's both.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 10:38 am
Don't we have a thread that has people checking in to tell each other what time it is?

11:38 in mountain daylight, by the way.
Intrepid

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 10:42 am
@ibstubro,
The person criticsizing the original post.

One man's dumb is another man's inspiration.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 10:42 am
@roger,
Er, 10:42 am here...

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Mountain/d/-7/java
roger

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 10:45 am
@ossobuco,
Well crap. It's my fate to be wrong.

So, what are you wearing, and what are you having for breakfast?
ibstubro

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 10:52 am
@roger,
If it amuses them, I'm all for it.

What are you doing eating breakfast at noon?

11:52
ibstubro

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 10:53 am
@ibstubro,
Central Mountain

Nothing.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 10:54 am
@ibstubro,
10:54

An Easterner, huh?
ibstubro

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 10:59 am
@roger,
St. Louieish.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 11:34 am
@roger,
Shorts and a tee shirt..

I'm having a bowl of saag paneer (spinach with indian spices and ricotta-like cheese - let's call it brunch.
ibstubro

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 07:37 pm
@ossobuco,
Where did you get a bowl of saag paneer for brunch?
ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 08:00 pm
@ibstubro,
Alas, after an attempt to make my own, I am still addicted to the packaged stuff -
Kashmir Spinach by Tasty Bite
(all natural, bla bla, but it seems to be, quite good ingredients)
Only thing I'd rant about and why I'm trying to make my own is the package has too much salt.

My first attempt, following an indian recipe with many ingredients, was too strong for me. I can go anti-ginger if a certain threshold happens.

Last thing I tried was just sauteeing a lot of spinach in butter and olive oil and adding a smidge of everything (not all that much) on the Kashmir Spinach label. That was good, but not as astounding. (People would like it or hate it)

On the other hand, I'd buy the packages by the dozen (addict, addict) if they were less expensive, me a money watcher.

I've tried the one by Trader Joe's, not as delicious to me. I've tried one by a company rivaling Tasty Bite at my market - more expensive, not as good, forget the name.

Alternately, I love saag paneer at an indian restaurant, better than all the packages - I just never get to one.

I had a thread on this - Check "Saag Paneer, I love you" in the Google Custom Search window at the top right. We learned what Saag means and Paneer means, and more.

Ah, here -
http://able2know.org/topic/72088-1
roger

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 08:13 pm
@ossobuco,
Spinach and cheese. Now you know why we always go out for hamburgers.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 08:29 pm
@roger,
Yeh, I do..
0 Replies

ibstubro

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 08:33 pm
@ossobuco,
Okay, the odd thing here is that I was at World Market on Sunday and they had the Indian entrees on sale 2-$4. This is one I debated on, but I was afraid of cheese that had been 'packaged'. I looked and looked until I came away with nothing.

Damn. Now I'll not be back for months or years...turns out I was looking for Whole Foods rather than World Market.

My town has a population of 17,000 and is an oasis?
ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 08:47 pm
@ibstubro,
I live in Albuquerque now, a wonderful place, but still, mmmm, a big lesson in food availability. (Makes the locavore paradigm seem benighted.) Past that, the international place, Talin, and WFoods, et al, could be on the moon re accessibility for me personally. Not to whine, I get that I was spoiled previously.

I bet World Market is online.
I still have two of their curry containers, one favorite: Madras Tamarind Hot Curry. I bought them because I like curry and the containers were cute.
The MTHC is almost gone, so soon I'll have to open the Mild.
ibstubro

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 08:53 pm
@ossobuco,
Now, you might be educating me. I thought we were low on markets here, in the Midwest. Are you saying that you have to travel to get COMPONENTS for your cooking?
ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 09:10 pm
@ibstubro,
Well, let's back up, I'm a spoiled brat. I'm from Los Angeles, and had access far and wide in the metro area, home of many food cultures. I went to a lot of small holes in the walls... Later, I was from northern California, four hours from San Francisco, but still following their food phenomenon. On the side, I'm a crazed italophile, and follow at least somewhat what's happening re cooking on that, often with a frown.

Meantime, I'm highly money challenged and driving twelve miles for the right rice has lost it's sparkle. I handle this by nagging my local market. So far so good, re Brooks. No pita bread this week, though, or fresh 'mozzarella'. But, to speak for them, they sophisticated up at the same time they've kept a wide variety of new mexican and mexican goods, which I consider a boon. They have better pasta than Albertson's. Worse bread than just about anywhere. Let's call them a work in progress, and I am on their tail, and wish them well.

ibstubro

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 06:46 am
@ossobuco,
Sorry about the 12 miles being a challenge. I bet with a bit of persistence you could find a lot of your wants on-line just as reasonable. Or use on-line as a resource to pre-shop your area for a variety of items, then make one trip and pick up a dozen items in one round trip.

I was at World Market on a whim, and it's 1 1/2 hours away or better. Damn their products are expensive, though! I wanted Whole Foods as there is a German here locally that I run into a lot and she is very high on their cheese section.

Network locally with some foodies and hitch a ride/have them pick you up some. I'd gladly fetch stuff for people, personally, especially if they were willing to let me sample. ;-)
0 Replies