What's dumber? A question that seems dumb to you, or your post to that question?

msolga

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 06:59 am
@ibstubro,
Indeed.
And Roger needn't participate, or even bother to read that thread, if he finds it so dumb.
Me, I like to hear what A2Kers from all over the globe are up to. It's also a way of keeping in touch some posters who I rarely come into contact with on any other threads here.
msolga

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 07:12 am
@ibstubro,
But in answer to your question, I think many of us participate in a variety of different threads, from the super serious, to the lighter ones.
Quote:
Who's the dumb one? Me for posting a question or you for answering it?

I'd say it's rather silly to have participated in a thread & then brand it as being "dumb". It's pretty easy to completely ignore threads that one considers not worthy of one's time or consideration.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 07:13 am
@msolga,
I may not be the fastest cannon in the battery, but I think Roger is having on with osso. Im gonna say that he is practicing his weasely sense of humor.

farmerman

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 07:13 am
@farmerman,
Aw ****, hes a rat not a weasel.
msolga

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 07:18 am
@farmerman,
I thought he was singling out that particular thread as an example of dumbness.
Anyway, not to worry....
ibstubro

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 07:59 am
@farmerman,
He's a weaselly sort of rat, to give him credit.

I also took it as humor.
0 Replies

ibstubro

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 08:02 am
@msolga,
I was singling out/baiting those people that come on and post "This is the stupidest question ever. Is that all you do all day, think up inane questions?"

And I'm, "Um, excuse me, YOU just wasted YOUR time on it, so it WORKED!" lol
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 08:02 am
@ibstubro,
I had one of these for dinner last night. Quite good - available at Whole Foods

http://www.tandoorchef.com/_resources/images/products/nonveg/chickentandorri.gif
ibstubro

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 08:38 am
@JPB,
I don't eat meat, but looks delicious!
JPB

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 08:43 am
@ibstubro,
This is good too

http://www.tandoorchef.com/_resources/images/products/nonveg/palakpaneer.gif

vegetarian options
ibstubro

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 07:12 pm
@JPB,
Thanks, next time I'm "in town" (not more than once a month), I'll check it out again.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 04:09 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Indeed.
And Roger needn't participate, or even bother to read that thread, if he finds it so dumb.
Me, I like to hear what A2Kers from all over the globe are up to. It's also a way of keeping in touch some posters who I rarely come into contact with on any other threads here.

I suppose I should mention that I was observing that a thread doesn't have to be about mosques, global warming, politics, or the economy to be interesting or fun.

This is not the first time I have been misunderstood by msolga, to my supposed disadvantage.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 04:30 pm
@farmerman,
True, but I also didn't think Roger was being snotty about fun threads.

Says she who tangented this one off into the land of spinach dishes..

(It's my way, y'know)
0 Replies

ibstubro

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 07:34 pm
@roger,
Quote:
I suppose I should mention that I was observing that a thread doesn't have to be about mosques, global warming, politics, or the economy to be interesting or fun.

Thanks for clarifying, roger. I've only been on A2K a week or so and I've already learned to ignore the roger that I do not understand...it USUALLY comes out humorous in the end.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 07:35 pm
@ibstubro,
Roger is probably our dryest wit..
ibstubro

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 08:31 pm
@ossobuco,
Roger certainly does not seem to be our dryest wick. There are many others on here that are harder to light!
ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 08:36 pm
@ibstubro,
He's subtle..
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 08:41 pm
@ibstubro,
I don't ever believe asking a question is ever dumb. It's dumber not to ask. It means you never learn anything new, because it feels like a dumb question.

Always used to get this kind of question when I worked from associates. "This is probably a dumb question, but....." I would turn it around and ask what they think is the correct answer. If it's close enough - especially questions in bookkeeping, I tell them they have the right answer, and provide them with other options.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 12:54 am
@roger,
Quote:

But we weren't talking about any of those things at all, roger.
Yours was post #3 three on thread about whether it was dumber to post dumb questions or respond to them ....
So naturally I assumed your comment was actually related to the thread topic.
(Crikey, I'm not a mind reader! Confused )

Anyway, no sleep lost, or anything like that ....
I was just a bit peeved at the time, is all.

0 Replies