what is the beggining of philosophy?

Dasein

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 02:06 pm
@JPLosman0711,
Don't take me the wrong way in my last post. We all get led, to a point. You're responsible for choosing the one who leads you until you reach "critical mass" and are lead by your 'self'.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 02:07 pm
@TheEnlightenedOne,
You seem to speak in what I would call 'spooky-language' in order to 'fear' everyone who reads your posts into agreement.

Why don't you stop pretending to be Alan Watts or Mooji and show us who you really are?
JPLosman0711

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 02:09 pm
@Dasein,
There really is no 'wrong' way for me to take what you or anyone else 'says' to me, what's important is my 'scanning' of what I'm 'hearing' of what gets said.
TheEnlightenedOne

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 02:10 pm
@JPLosman0711,
I am not my story, that which has a past, present and future. I am...
0 Replies

Dasein

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 02:10 pm
@JPLosman0711,
Yes, you already know. You just don't speak congruent with that knowing. It's because you haven't uncovered the fact that you know.

You, my friend, are one of those who 'believe it' because you don't know that you 'know' it.
Dasein

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 02:13 pm
@JPLosman0711,
And yet you chose (?) to to hit the ball back over the net to "TheEnlightenedOne". Curious.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 02:15 pm
@Dasein,
Right, the explanations(concepts), 'create' belief and not 'knowing'.

It's like when you said 'proving' isn't the same as 'knowing'.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 02:16 pm
@Dasein,
Yeah man, I'm in the mood for a little fun. I wanna see what he's made of, I wanna see what 'nuggets' he lets-lie-before-us.
Dasein

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 02:25 pm
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:
Right, the explanations(concepts), 'create' belief and not 'knowing'.

It's like when you said 'proving' isn't the same as 'knowing'.
You're doing a great job of explaining something but its not what I'm talking about.

Its time for you to recognize the possibility that all you have is your explanations. And, that not only do your explanations not satisfy you, that all your explanations get you is more explanations.

What you're looking for isn't in your explanations. When you really get tired of it is when you'll do something about it.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 02:27 pm
@Dasein,
Yeah I know what you mean and I've actually been 'feeling' like I'm getting tired of it.....lately....

Almost like there is some uncontrallable 'beast' I'm caging inside that's just about had enough....
Dasein

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 02:29 pm
@JPLosman0711,
Actually, you've become bored with presenting yourself as somebody who knows. Your integrity won't allow you to keep on. No mystery.
0 Replies

TheEnlightenedOne

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 02:31 pm
@JPLosman0711,
To be right 100% of the time is to know N0-Thing 100% of the time.
TheEnlightenedOne

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 02:35 pm
@TheEnlightenedOne,
Somebody pay attention to Me! My ego is dissolving. No one is opposing or joining me. I am melting into my true self. I am...
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 02:45 pm
@TheEnlightenedOne,
Don't be so hard on yourself we are just analyzing you to see if you are really you! LOL
0 Replies

TheEnlightenedOne

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:57 pm
@TheEnlightenedOne,
If the mind could be stopped, what would happen?
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 06:33 pm
@TheEnlightenedOne,
There would be no thought! I could take it into more depth but then I would only be hypothesizing!
TheEnlightenedOne

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 05:52 am
@reasoning logic,
Does a dog have a mind?
Dasein

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 07:20 am
@TheEnlightenedOne,
Dogs don't have minds. They have something else. I think they call it a woof!
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 07:32 am
@JPLosman0711,
"Explanations" may or may not produce resolve, which is what you are speaking of...it depends on to whom they are directed and if they are functional with this hypothetical whom to which they are addressed...accommodation, which is for the case, the experience of knowing, in order to be achieved must first imply an relational, functional, operational, component, an extension and size of what is and can be up to a degree accommodated, or the "objectified" conceptual representation of the relational process..."explanation" as preceding accommodation is just one more dimension in that more vast inter relational set...
Dasein

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 08:24 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
"Explanations" may or may not produce resolve, which is what you are speaking of...it depends on to whom they are directed and if they are functional with this hypothetical whom to which they are addressed...accommodation, which is for the case, the experience of knowing, in order to be achieved must first imply an relational, functional, operational, component, an extension and size of what is and can be up to a degree accommodated, or the "objectified" conceptual representation of the relational process..."explanation" as preceding accommodation is just one more dimension in that more vast inter relational set...
The "reason" people have “explanations” and all of the gobbledy-goop in your posting is because they haven't 'done the work' of getting to the bottom of the truth.

All of the "explanations" and the 'gobbledy-goop' (above) comes from 'you', 'Be'-ing. It is your job in life to 'crack the surface' of your "explanations" and 'gobbledy-goop' and uncover what they point-to.

When you get to the bottom of the 'truth' of your 'Be'-ing and you find 'who you are' (which is in the truth), you will experience "resolution". Then, all of the 'explanations' and the 'gobbledy-goop' will become clear to you.

Until then, your "explanations" and the 'gobbledy-goop' will be what you are entangled in and you will pompously attempt to “sell” your theories and conjecture to the rest of us. It is your make-up as a human 'Be'-ing to cover up who you are with all of your theories and conjecture. It is also your make-up to believe your theories and conjecture, because if you didn't the 'cover-up' wouldn't work.

No mystery