EPA Cancels Plan to Eliminate All Use of Lead

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 12:06 am
http://politics.usnews.com/news/washington-whispers/articles/2010/08/27/epa-surrenders-to-nra-on-gun-control-issue-epa-rejects-attempt-to-regulate-lead-in-bullets-after-nra-protests.html

Quote:
In a swift and unexpected decision, the Environmental Protection Agency today rejected a petition from environmental groups to ban the use of lead in bullets and shotgun shells, claiming it doesn't have jurisdiction to weigh on the controversial Second Amendment issue. The decision came just hours after the Drudge Report posted stories from Washington Whispers and the Weekly Standard about how gun groups were fighting the lead bullet ban.

The EPA had planned to solicit public responses to the petition for two months, but this afternoon issued a statement rejecting a 100-page request from the Center for Biological Diversity, the American Bird Conservancy, and three other groups for a ban on lead bullets, shot, and fishing sinkers. The agency is still considering what to do about sinkers.

The decision was a huge victory for the National Rifle Association which just seven days ago asked that the EPA reject the petition, suggesting that it was a back door attempt to limit hunting and impose gun control. It also was a politically savvy move to take gun control off the table as the Democrats ready for a very difficult midterm election.

FR Discussion:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2578946/posts

Quote:

Pure politics. This issue was going to hurt Comrade Barky very badly and odds are good he told Lisa Jackson and the EPA dolts to pull the plug on this, pronto. ..

I believe Zero saw that he was going to be in deep crap over this one. I discussed this with our state NRA Field Representstive today. He told me the NRA was planning a massive P-R campaign on this issue. The GOP can learn a lot from the NRA...

1. The NRA did not do this.

2. The EPA would still be pushing for such a ban, except the Dems are afraid for their political life now.

3. If you think they will abandon this type of legislation, you are mistaken. It is on temporary hold.

4. The only cure for this crap is to vote the Dems out of office and hunt the subversive individuals down and punish them.

It is TIME to DownSize DC!

Eliminate entire departments (Education, EPA, etc)

Force Congress and the Senate to telecommute most of the year from their home district. Under the thumb of the electorate and away from the lobbyists. Imagine the cost savings and it would totally change the center-of-gravity of the Federal Government...

If these enviros ever come close to getting something
like this, we need to make them include wheel weighs
too. Try and drive now greenies, yep you’ll like
having to stay under 30 mph...

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 721 • Replies: 8
No top replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 06:11 am
The two things this would have totallly destroyed would have been 22s and shotguns, i.e. the two weapons people count on most heavily to put food on the table in bad economic times.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 09:11 am
Just today I saw a guy on Falls Of Neuse road hunting suqirrels.
roger

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 09:40 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Was he trying to run over them?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 12:57 pm
Interesting, all it appears to have taken was a simple phone call from somebody at the white house to put the fear of the Lord into one of these rogue agencies. My guess:

Quote:

YO!!! Listen up, you stupid mother ******, like, you don't think we (demoKKKrats) got enough trouble this year already with Rasmussin showing pubbies ahead on all ten of the issues they track and now you're gonna go out and try to outlaw every normal kinda shot shells and bullets for NO ******* reason, I mean, I want this **** shut down NOW, IMMEDIATELY, or I'm gonna shut you stupid fuckers down before the sun sets in the sky tomorrow evenin, YOU GOT THAT???

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 01:07 pm
are we still going to be able to get lead paint, cause there's nothing i enjoy more than sitting down to a big bowl of lead paint chips and watching an adam sandler film
roger

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 03:13 pm
@djjd62,
Good for you. Around here, we have to sneak into old school houses and scrape it off the walls.

Did you know that we used to use white lead (lead carbonate) as a cutting paste in machine shops? It gave a better finish than any commercial cutting oil.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 05:43 pm
They've long since banned lead paint.

Nonetheless Europeans have only been shooting animals and each other with lead shot, balls, and bullets since the mid 1400s now and you'd think the continent would be sterile by now.

What's wrong with the picture?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 09:10 pm
Superman will be worried about Kryptonite now....
0 Replies