My wife's best friend is causing problems.

Solmeci

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 09:54 pm
Wife's best friend is 27 years old with a 40 year old boyfriend. They fight and argue constantly.

Now am I right to not actually give a crap about this? Because I apparently should be more considerate according to my wife.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 3,382 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 02:13 am
@Solmeci,
Depends on who is creating the fighting and arguing, I suppose.

If your wife wants you to be considerate, it would probably be in your best interest to do so. If the wife ain't happy, ain't nobody gonna be happy.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 05:45 am
@Solmeci,
I think it depends on your relationship with your wife's best friend and her boyfriend. If these are two people you are friends with and care about generally, then it would be a little insensitive if you didn't give a whip about their fighting. But if you really don't have much of a relationship with them, then why should you care if the spend all their lives fighting and arguing (unless punches are being thrown, in which case showing some concern and getting involved may be warranted.)

But as was said previously, if it keeps your wife happy, then by all means show a bit of concern. You don't want to start arguing all the time with her over your lack of concern for her friend's arguing all the time. lol
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 06:41 am
The real question is why your wife is so involved.

Her best friend has a dysfunctional relationship. Your wife needs to recognize this and not put you and her in the way.

I have seen these kinds of relationships. They are very exciting and fill a need for one or both of the couple, so they have this dance they do.

Your wife should socialize with the woman only and not drag you into all this crap. When she starts to talk about it, just gentely change the subject.

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 12:22 am
@Solmeci,
Does your wife just want you to listen to her talk about it?
JPB

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 08:06 am
@Lash,
Along the lines that Lash was asking... How do you express your disinterest?
0 Replies