Need help badly....guy problems

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:34 pm
I have liked this guy for about a year now.. And I have tried to be nice to him but not too nice...I dont wanna look desprate But it seems that he hates me! He told me he disliked me and everything about me but for some reason I cant not like him. What do I do? I know I cant help how he feels but I also know other guys that would love to be with me....only problem is...I like a guy that treats me like dirt
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,027 • Replies: 9
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:42 pm
@scaredtodie94,
Well, the guy is giving you obvious signals that there is no hope. It is a waste of time for you to pine for someone who has so clearly slammed the door.

The good news is, like you said, you have other prospects.
scaredtodie94

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:43 pm
@jespah,
Very true...I just know he is a great friend. But here lately I have realised that there may be no hope and all Im doin is making myself look stupid
jespah

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:48 pm
@scaredtodie94,
This is kind of a part of growing up, you start to understand the signals other people are giving off. And sometimes you misinterpret them, or your heart just leads you down this garden path and suddenly you have a crush on someone who was, essentially, just being normally nice to you and (in their eyes) not treating you in a particularly special manner.

You've gotta let it go. This is not always easy but, ultimately, it is what you must do.
scaredtodie94

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:49 pm
@jespah,
All I can say is thank you
jespah

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 05:19 pm
@scaredtodie94,
You're welcome. Smile

Time for me to go make dinner.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 05:45 pm
@scaredtodie94,
Maybe you are subconsciously picking someone who is unavailable as an excuse to avoid having a more equitable relationship. This guy was amazingly direct it telling you it isn't going to happen with him, seemingly to the point of being insulting and you are still pining over him? Maybe this is more "fear of flying".
0 Replies

Solmeci

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 09:16 pm
Just take him! Treat him for what he is.... a piece of meat.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 06:51 am
You want him, he pushes you away. So exciting and no real relationship there. I agree, he's "safe" for you to spend time on because he's a fantasy.

Try to figure out what it is that is so attractive. (The way he moves, his voice, his body, his sense of humor??) What part of him is so appealing to you?

Then go and find another guy with that same attribute.
And hurry up. This takes time and energy and is fun.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 07:10 am
@scaredtodie94,
Quote:
only problem is...I like a guy that treats me like dirt

That could develop into a BIG problem down the line.
See if you can analyze what makes you feel this way; perhaps your family dynamics or feelings of low self-esteem.
It's worth dealing with this now.
0 Replies