Is A2K A Religion?

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 05:42 pm
@HexHammer,
Thank you so much for your wise decision Inquisitor your insight on me is nothing short of brilliant ! Have a nice day to !

Comment dit-on en Français ? N´IMPORTE QUOI !...
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 06:06 pm

Religion

Synonyms: Faith, Belief, Creed, Conviction

http://encarta.msn.com/thesaurus_561585850/religion.html

Belief Systems and Social Perception Structures

Creation of Belief Systems

"Within social structures, social interaction takes place. This social interaction is presented in the form of text/discourse, which is then cognizized according to a cognitive system/memory. This "system/memory" consists of short-term memory, in which "strategic process," or decoding and interpretation takes place. Long-term memory, however, serves as a holder of "socio-cultural knowledge," which consists of knowledge of language, discourse, communication, persons, groups and events-existing in the form of "scripts." "Social (group) attitudes" also reside within long-term memory and provide further decoding guides. Each of these "group attitudes" can represent an array of ideologies which combine to create one's own personal ideology which conforms to one's identity, goals, social position, values and resources.

This "process" of framing "beliefs and opinions," say Van Djik, that benefit one particular group, is not final. "Some people may be forced or persuaded, socially or economically" to go against their "best interests"

http://www.trufax.org/general/beliefsystems.html
mark noble

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 10:19 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

Dear Mark I would encourage you to consider when posting new threads, not to ask silly selfexplanatory questions that only appeals to your insatiable attention need, I really expect more of you ..of all, sure there are many suckers who like to navel gaze and talk about selfexplanatory things just for endulgence sake, and maby feel a bit selfimportaint about it.

Please show me you as an enlighten being, can progress above the low standards.

Hi Hex!

You misunderstand the concept here. You are taking the product at face-value.

You have clearly not studied the factors involved in religion (WAY) (TAO) (sanctuary), and the derivations thereof. Each persons concept of 'religion' is different. I see it as a standard of adherence - To thus aspire, gain glory, find solace, belong.

Take things at face-value in my threads Hex and suffer the fate of stupour.

Notice how I need not enhance my ego upon the back of insults and condescending remarks.

Dig Deeper!

Have a great afternoon Hex!
Mark...
mark noble

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 10:28 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Hi Fil!

I completely agree with everything you have stated in this thread - Thus, we both are mad!!! (As if we didn't already know this?).

Do you really think this rabble in attendance herein have the right protein-base to withdraw their craniums from their rectal-housings, long enough, to consider the wall behind their own reflections, the writing on it, and the simple difficulty of taking a peek, once in a while?

No! Why would you, indeed? There are finer things upon which to dwell...

You're brilliant Fil!
Mark...
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 10:57 am
@mark noble,
mark, You do know what an ad-hominem is don't you?
mark noble

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 11:00 am
@cicerone imposter,
Hi CI!

I only know it by what it means to me.

All the best!
Mark...
0 Replies

Zetherin

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 11:35 am
mark noble wrote:
A) I don't despise A2K.

That would surprise me.
Quote:
B) There are only a handful of subversive members here.

Indeed, but didn't you refer to this place as "hell"?
Quote:
C) If someone else has posed this - It wouldn't have diverged so.

This indicates to me that you think you are treated differently.
Quote:
D) I am not bitter.

I said that calling A2K a religion helps you cope with the bitterness that you face, from others, here. I can't imagine any other reason for you making this thread. Most anyone could have looked up the definition of "religion" and realized that the answer to your question was "no". It just seems to me as though you wanted to compare the A2K community to closed-minded religious folk that lash out at those who are different, since you yourself were upset at the community. And you were able to vent your anger here under the guise of a supposed "philosophical" discussion, safely. Or so you thought.
Quote:
Have you read more than the opening post?
You should. Before commenting so. IMO.

Is there anything in this thread worth reading? Give me the post #.
Intrepid

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 11:38 am
@Zetherin,
Zetherin wrote:

Is there anything in this thread worth reading?

No. Certainly not worth 5 pages.
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 11:46 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:
You misunderstand the concept here. You are taking the product at face-value.

You have clearly not studied the factors involved in religion (WAY) (TAO) (sanctuary), and the derivations thereof. Each persons concept of 'religion' is different. I see it as a standard of adherence - To thus aspire, gain glory, find solace, belong.

Take things at face-value in my threads Hex and suffer the fate of stupour.

Notice how I need not enhance my ego upon the back of insults and condescending remarks.

Dig Deeper!
I have known you for a while, and seen most of yuor post, and this post is nothing different, you do have a good common knowledge which is why I have hopes for you, only that you seemingly don't know how to use it.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 02:56 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:
Is A2K A Religion?
I'm gonna go with "NO" on this.
farmerman

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 03:01 pm
@rosborne979,
Looking at all the data and evidence, A2K is more an affliction.
spendius

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 03:21 pm
@farmerman,
If it is a religion it is a very catholic one. It even admits people who think their posts mean anything when their fundamental philosophical position is that nothing means anything.

It has a hierarchy. BobGod, a bevy of angelic courtiers, gophers and bogwashers, and a mass of devout supplicants of an extremely diverse character all bound together in a deluded search for the blissful heaven of boredom relief.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 03:31 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Is A2K A Religion?

Nope...the end.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 03:33 pm
1 - the last two posts reflect 2 simple straight forward answers...simple as it should be !
2 - The anger and bitterness of half a dozen of members around the place can ultimately only reflect the incapacity for a more spiced dialogue, lack of creativity and sense of humour...common place thinking tedium and boredom flow from an unrivalled lack of education in a mix of naivety pretension and sheer ignorance. In sum overreaction is the name of the game, but the funny part is heard them talk on a passive aggressive behaviour when one just have to read the posts in the correct order to know quite well who is who...thankfully this does not reflect the majority of the members at A2K !
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 10:46 am
@Zetherin,
Hi Zeth!

You are welcome to your opinions.

I should point out to you that I am unable to despise or hate; These are traits that consume no other than their relative host.

As for being treated 'differently' - I am only observing Zeth. Nothing that takes place herein is genuinely touching me. I couldn't care either way who says what and to who.

The 'Hell' thing was both metaphoric and poetic.

Heaven and hell are states of mind (to me), not non-existent places.
(Thread there)...

What you see as bitterness, I see as expression. I welcome expression, it makes me laugh a lot.

Anyway! Thank you for your time, and have an awesome evening!
Mark...
Setanta

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 10:47 am
@dagmaraka,
Best answer. Give that Sly Slovak Seductress a cee-gar.
HexHammer

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 01:06 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Best answer. Give that Sly Slovak Seductress a cee-gar.
Per se it's right, but no, it's not really what is asked. Mark is a compulsive writer, and will ask silly selfexplanatory questions just for attention sake, so the best answer is not to answr ..at all.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 01:22 pm
@mark noble,
Everyone is able to despise and hate. Perhaps you haven't yet been properly motivated. Count yourself lucky
Zetherin

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 01:55 pm
@mark noble,
Alright, well, how about trying to be more friendly. And stop with this "hell" talk. Despite your twisted interpretation of the word, people still get offended if you call their home "hell".
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 03:10 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Quote:
Everyone is able to despise and hate. Perhaps you haven't yet been properly motivated. Count yourself lucky .

I must count myself lucky then I suppose. But I would wonder whether luck is the right word. If anything goes wrong, Frank Harris used to say, blame yourself.
0 Replies