Is A2K A Religion?

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 06:45 pm
@Pronounce,
What a narrow conception of Religion you have there...he he he ! Laughing
Football is a Religion with 100.000 FSM jumping around with devotion ...
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 07:11 pm
Some of you just seam to have a biased vision of Religion.What a shame, the result is obvious...Although I am what might be perceived by a normal definition as an Atheist I don´t have any biased conception of Religion down here in Europe...but then again, I don´t suffer with all those deep country side fellow Americans that preach around Alleluia Jesus loves you and stuff...I might just as well end up like some of you if that was the case.

As for aggressive behaviour crap talk flying around...man !!! I think I start to get why is said everywhere that Americans in order to sleep well have to fantasize over an imaginary enemy when none is to be seen...meanwhile you get to the self realized prophecy with so many guns popping in the streets...you people are one of the most creative, intelligent and organized, country´s in the World...god knows I love American culture. But, oh boy...you are so loud and obsessed with everybody...this is an honest open hearted opinion ! I really can tell the difference from an European to an American when it comes to conflict...to many Lawyers and Shrinks makes sense in this environment... can´t you just be nice to each other ? Everything leads into a words war...its amazing ! What the hell is happening there ?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 07:18 pm
@ehBeth,
Actually, that saying "religion as a way of life" is meaningless. It can't be proven.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 07:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Belief is part of Life and not a way of life...a very important part when one gets to think on it...Religion is just a crude term for something simpler and deeper in it...Belief is what without biased perceptions should be debated. Belief is the key word !
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 07:30 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
You're just mincing words to fit your own idea about belief and religion.

You haven't been around enough to learn that there are many religious sects who's belief has changed their way of life. There are all kinds of monasteries and churches/temples around the world where men and women try to live a very simple life, but I see that as escapism from the realities of this world. One must learn to accept that there are good and bad in this world, and it's not based on any belief.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 07:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Say What ???
Religion is all about belief !
Just like Football or any other value that we find ourselves up to...
Belief changes the World, makes you get up in the morning and moves your deepest feelings on anything !
Hope is build on BELIEF and Hope is the Human engine towards the inevitable Oblivion as a species sooner or later...that is the hard fact, the almost certain fate to become a million years up or down for the most optimistic eye...but certainty does n´t move the World does it ?
Certainty is about Rest and not about action..."do y dig" ?
Perfection is about Nirvana and death...Belief without certainty is the trick of Life !

Post Scriptum - Actually just to give you a fitting example shopping malls and consumerism are the new Sanctuary´s of alienation these day´s, the all new empowering Gods that we praise...churches are empty !
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 08:05 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
If religion is all about belief, what impact does it have other than individuals calling themselves a christian, muslim, buddhist, jew, hindu, christian or jain?
Have any one of them proven anything tangible concerning what we call morals that can be inferred to one religion or another? Has any one religion with their belief system proved superior to any of the others?

What you really describe are based on one's environment, one's motivation to work and/or study hard, and set goals. Belief is something that one hopes to accomplish by doing this or that. I believe I can get my college degree. It's a belief that may transpire or not. It does not establish final results.

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 08:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Of course it does n´t stablish results...where did I said that uh ?
Belief is an engine to take action and motivation...if you get there or not is an entirely different subject !

As for the intrinsic value of Religion be it Football Money or Christ, what do you think it means eh ? Why is it everywhere since ever ? As I said Religion is a crude term for Belief...and Belief commits you to Life ! to everything...
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 08:13 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Belief without motivation goes nowhere. It also depends on one's environment. Belief alone is only one aspect of a mental act. Many people have constraints that they are unable to overcome, because their environment doesn't provide the necessary wherewithal to go forward in their belief. Many may have the potential, but belief alone does not provide the necessary ingredient to achieve anything.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 08:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Just listen yourself...Belief without motivation ???
Belief is WHAT motivates !!! Gosh !...
(...only when you truly believe you go for it whatever might that be...)
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 08:22 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Belief is a mental exercise. Motivation is when you act on those beliefs.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 08:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
No ! You get it quite wrong there...Motivation is build upon believing something....Action comes later and is a consequence of the former !

Oh by the way I love your signature. Very Happy
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 08:57 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Believing something doesn't make it necessarily true or doable.
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 12:09 am
Dear Mark I would encourage you to consider when posting new threads, not to ask silly selfexplanatory questions that only appeals to your insatiable attention need, I really expect more of you ..of all, sure there are many suckers who like to navel gaze and talk about selfexplanatory things just for endulgence sake, and maby feel a bit selfimportaint about it.

Please show me you as an enlighten being, can progress above the low standards.
Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 06:33 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
And you are an idiot. You have failed to demonstrate your thesis, to the effect that belief is the "core basis" of all groups. So, obviously, you need to divert the discussion as much as possible from your failure.

Let us know if you ever come up with a original idea for which you have a plausible argument. Until then, don't expect people to waste much time on your drivel.

And i'm not your "mate" . . . i'm particular about the company i keep. Go back to your ESL classes, and try to do something constructive for a change.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 01:22 pm
@Setanta,
Take a pill to sleep asshole! You are a dumb pretensious farse.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 01:48 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Your proposition that all groups are at the core about belief is nothing short of absurd, and even a modicum of thought shows this to be true. Really, i could go on for pages providing examples of groups which have nothing to do with belief.

The problem you will encounter here again and again is that people are not going to just accept your statements from authority, especially when they have no reason to assume that you possess any intellectual authority.

And stop being a whiner--no one is obliged to respect what you say, especially if you say silly things. If you want to offer your opinions, at least have the decency to tart the old whores up with a little make-up--you know, maybe offer a logical basis for your argument before you run off into the wild blue yonder with it.

well said

(don't fall off you chair or nothin')
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 01:49 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
I think I start to get why is said everywhere that Americans in order to sleep well have to fantasize over an imaginary enemy when none is to be seen

you make up a lot of stuff doncha
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 01:53 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
You misspelled farce.
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 05:03 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Take a pill to sleep asshole! You are a dumb pretensious farse.
Dear Fil Albuquerque, you are a faliure in any imaginable way, you like to live in a dream world with your Spock idol and books which you have learned nothing from.

I have to put you on ignore because you are immensly immature for an intelligent discussion. Maybe in a year you can express youself in a more sensible way.