Is A2K A Religion?

ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 08:54 pm
I see Mark as passive aggressive in the extreme. I get to say that since I've lived there, looking back on myself. I'm working to cut that out, with mixed success. Mark seems to be working to perfect the pattern, with threads.

HexHammer

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 08:57 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:
And, if so, who are the relative comparisons (characteristically)?
Mark .....................your questions really begins to concern me ..really!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 09:01 pm
@ossobuco,
Mark always starts his threads with a question. Those who dare to post a reply are open to ridicule and scorn. Or, they are told they told they don't understand what the question was and are given additional parts of the question, that were never offered, as proof that the poster is wrong.

The very title of this topic is suspect and the motives are even more so.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 10:11 pm
@Setanta,
But my reply was never about Marks intents whatever you think they might be...

My use of the term "Religion" on this Thread was loose to say the least, and certainly not armful...

Religion in its core sense is about belief, just as groups are...we all believe in something precisely because we can´t know for sure ! That was my innocent approach to the Thread...I was not even aware of this Mark Noble hostility going on...personally I have no complains on him...Are n´t you all making a big deal out of nothing ?

And no, my first language is Portuguese...so excuse my drifting attempts to get out of basic English... Embarrassed
mark noble

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 10:22 pm
@Zetherin,
Zetherin wrote:

mark noble wrote:

Hello!

And, if so, who are the relative comparisons (characteristically)?

In your opinion, of course.

Have a brilliant day!
Mark...

So, I take it that because you haven't been getting along with A2K members, you wish to associate them with a sort of collective (namely religion) that you despise. This will in turn help you cope with the bitterness from the community that you face.

Am I right?

Hi Zeth!

No, you are wrong. A) I don't despise A2K. B) There are only a handful of subversive members here. C) If someone else has posed this - It wouldn't have diverged so. D) I am not bitter.

Have you read more than the opening post?
You should. Before commenting so. IMO.

Mark...
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 10:23 pm
@Setanta,
Where've you been, juve hall?
Rockhead

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 10:24 pm
@mark noble,
well, I know this.

he wasn't banned as a subversive forum jumper...

(am I on ignore yet, cuz that's when the fun really starts)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 10:27 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
You misunderstand me completely. Your reply was not comprehensible in the English language. That's why i asked if it were perhaps not your first language.

I have no reason to assume your silly assertion to the effect that groups are, in a "core sense" about belief, is correct. You're just making an unfounded assertion, which is what Noble has been doing in his desperate backpeddling since he's gotten slammed for an idiotic thread.

Is that went on in your old site? Did you guys show up, make a slew of unfounded assertions, and then treat them as though they were legitimate topics for discussion despite a lack of substantiation? That **** don't fly 'round here.
mark noble

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 10:29 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Hi Fil!

Thank you for your constructiveness, and reservation from abstract analysis.

Thank you Fil!
Mark...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 08:34 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
He speaks about depth of understanding, but he's about as deep as a mud puddle on a hot, sunny day.

and as clear?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 08:41 am
Let's assign A2K members varius roles in this passion play.

For instance, don't you think Dys and Lady Diane would make an absolutely adorable Jesus and Mary?

Set would make a dandy avenging angel and Frank Apisa would fill the role of St. Peter, that godly but cantankerous holy man.

Your suggestions?

Intrepid

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 08:43 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Who gets the role of the snake? Oh, wait.....Gunga?
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 05:06 pm
@Setanta,
Could you clarify your position on why is so? I think that what I wrote on belief is actually very well founded and pretty straight foward thinking...what have y been reading lately? bossing around in ten cheap quik lessons? Oh boy!

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 05:17 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I was once a member of the VFW--the Veterans of Foreign Wars. I didn't have to esp0use any particular belief to join, i just had to provide reliable documentary evidence (my army discharge certificate) which showed that i am a veteran of a foreign war. I didn't have to believe anything in order to participate, and the organization was not promoting any beliefs.

The American Medical Association only requires that it's members be physicians, not that they have any particular belief set. With groups which are identifiable by family resemblance, your proposition is made to look even more ludicrous. I'm a man. That's true no matter what i believe. I am a native speaker of English--native speakers of English don't have to have any particular belief set to qualify as identifiable members of that group.

Your proposition that all groups are at the core about belief is nothing short of absurd, and even a modicum of thought shows this to be true. Really, i could go on for pages providing examples of groups which have nothing to do with belief.

The problem you will encounter here again and again is that people are not going to just accept your statements from authority, especially when they have no reason to assume that you possess any intellectual authority.

And stop being a whiner--no one is obliged to respect what you say, especially if you say silly things. If you want to offer your opinions, at least have the decency to tart the old whores up with a little make-up--you know, maybe offer a logical basis for your argument before you run off into the wild blue yonder with it.
Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 05:17 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe . . .
0 Replies

Pronounce

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 05:42 pm
A2K is a societal institution (albeit born of the digital age), and since religions are societal institutions they will share many similarities. But the similarities are really only superficial. Things like acceptable behavior, etiquette, and cliques will be common. The Terms of Agreement could be liken to a church covenant. I can't think of what would be dogma or doctrine on A2K.

If you're looking for an A2K god may I suggest the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
http://www.venganza.org/
Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 06:02 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Quote:
Frank Apisa would fill the role of St. Peter, that godly but cantankerous holy man.

BVT- I would suspect that even considering a religious role for Frank would elicit a major league hissy fit from him. Laughing
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 06:05 pm
No, A2K is not a religion. It is a cover for a million dollar poker game.

Ask Robert and he will fess up.

BBB
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 06:12 pm
@Pronounce,
We've done that...
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 06:39 pm
@Setanta,
Oh dear...your answer is n´t short of amazing !!! Laughing
So you think a certificate makes you a member of anything ?
a minute down this bullshit and I will confuse you with your I.D. ...
you are great reading mate... Cool