My Dime, My Time

Brand X

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 05:41 pm
The way most republicans feel about Reagan is more like idolatry than anything else.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 05:43 pm
Brand X

Make that 7th grade.

You'll get there!
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 05:46 pm
Frank, I wasn't taking a jab at you with my ante post, why did you come at me with the 8th grade remark?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 05:49 pm
Frank, I'm sorry, but you are dead wrong.
Ronal Reagan made no secret of his intention to spend vast amounts of money on defense, and holy-smokes did he. You seem to have forgotten that that is precisely what his constituents wanted him to do. His two elections were two of the biggest land-slide victories in history!
Clinton, aside from profiting millions in the S&L scandals and getting famous for his sex life, also ignored a supreme court order to tell the truth, and lied to a grand jury. I'll grant you it was something of a political witch-hunt that got him there in the first place but there is no excuse for the leader of our land to lie in a court of law about anything. He also did nothing when Bin Ladin bombe the world trade center the first time, bombed the USS Cole and 2 US consulates. Nor did he act when Saddam threw out inspectors, instead allowing years to go by unchecked which is why we didn't know what Saddam had in the first place. Him and the peanut farmer teamed up to pay a terrorist's ransom to North Korea, rather than ending that the way his advisors told him to in the first place.
Ronald Reagan did what he promised to do. While it is true that much of our dept can be attributed to him, it was worth it to have the security we now enjoy.
Unlike Fedral's, mine is an un-partisan opinion that merely gives credit where credit is due. Ronald Reagan is very deserving of any monumental honor he receives.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 05:52 pm
Just in a bad mood, X.

Sorry.

Truly.

Goddam snow. No golf for who knows how long.

I get testy -- and I gotta take it out on somebody.

Can't pick on Nancy. She's my partner in the sack.

So I'm hunting through A2K and Abuzz and starting all sorts of trouble.

Maybe I oughta just watch television tonight -- and get back to this when I can play well with others.

Forgiven???
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 05:56 pm
Yeah, no problem, Frank, I understand passions. For goodness sakes, better me than creating irritable spouse syndrome!
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 08:11 pm
A Nixon Nickle?
On it should read: "I am not a crook."

Reagon was a cartoon. Americans love cartoons.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 06:45 pm
Pistoff,
'I am not a crook' was from Nixon, not Reagan.
Please read a few books before posting.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 06:48 pm
yes Nixon was a crook
Reagan was a cartoon
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 06:52 pm
I agree with fishin,' there is so much else that needs attention--this is ridiculous.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 06:53 pm
Hello.
Those were two seperate sentences. I know damn well that Nixon kept repeating, "I am not a crook."

For Reagon the slogan should be: "Trust but verify."

"The Evil Empire."- Reagon "The evil doers." GW Bush
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 06:53 pm
on the other hand, by Bush's standards Reagan would be considered a moderate.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 07:01 pm
Reagan:
Ketchup as a vegetable.
Just say no.
I have just signed legislation to outlaw Russia, we begin bombing in five minutes.
I don't recall
There you go again
Evil Empire
Nuclear weapons are a gift from a kind and loving god.
Star Wars
Welfare Queens
Pumping wood

Reagan's head on a dime? no. His head on a plate? Yes.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 08:59 pm
Nancy Reagan opposes replacing FDR with Reagan on dimes

Quote:
"While I can understand the intentions of those seeking to place my husband's face on the dime, I do not support this proposal and I am certain Ronnie would not," the former first lady said in a statement released Friday.

"When our country chooses to honor a great President such as Franklin Roosevelt by placing his likeness on our currency, it would be wrong to remove him and replace him with another," she said. "It is my hope that the proposed legislation will be withdrawn."

Wow, can't believe I find myself agreeing with Nancy. :::shudder::: The stars must be out of alignment.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 09:07 pm
Don't put Reagan on a stamp - They won't stick, because everybody would spit on the wrong side. I say leave Roosevelt on that dime. He truly is a great president.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 02:04 am
How about...
a GW 50cent with GW on both sides?

Slogan: "God speaks to me."
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 04:30 pm
Upon further though, I must retract my endorsement of putting Reagan on the dime. While I do believe him worthy of the honor, there is nothing to justify removing FDR. They should find another way to honor Reagan.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 04:55 pm
Firing squad? Meat grinder? Dull rusty butcher knife? Very Happy
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 05:36 pm
Now you want to put a dead man in front of a firing squad? Why not think of a point before posting. Though when compared to pistoff, you appear to be a scolar, I would find you far more interesting if you at least tried to fortify your points.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 05:38 pm
"scolar?"
BTW, you do know Ray-gun is still alive, yes?
0 Replies